Next Last
HUGO

Houston, TX

#1 Sep 2, 2010
Which league is better TIFI or BAFL?
Deana Sanchez

Friendswood, TX

#2 Sep 25, 2010
I do not know about TIFI, but I WAS a BAFL parent and will tell you about BAFL. The member's (i.e: president, treasurer, & etc) will ALLOW the ref's to call or NOT call any play and you cannot stand up for your team (not even coaches) otherwise they will penalize the boys with a 15 yard penalty.(Happened today) The ref's penalized us for something a parent said. Last week there was a fight on our field between a ref and a parent. Lets just say the parent didn't throw the first punch. Our officials allow this to happen instead of standing up for whats right!!!!! BAFL league is awful and no one really cares for the kids. It's not worth putting your kids future at risk for a little league footballl game and when the refs aren't calling the rough plays thats what happens!!! DO NOT DO BAFL!!!
BAFL PARENT

Houston, TX

#3 Nov 7, 2010
You must be from Hitchcock. Them parents are whiners. Get you a real coaching staff then you will see the difference. My son is in one of the bafl teams and we love it. We have a great staff and coaches and we win alot. No complaints from us....
huh

Pasadena, TX

#4 Nov 8, 2010
Any league thaat you have to camp out overnight to get a spot (TIFI) is nuts. I say BAFL
BAFL

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 14, 2011
I PICK BAFL
Proud BAFL

United States

#6 Sep 21, 2011
We signed our son with a BAFL team three years ago. We were tired of two "Daddy Ball Leagues" he played for. Our plans were to just test the waters. We are pleased with the coaching staff and they are very well organized. Every team may not be run the same, but we found one that does a great job. The only complaint I have with BAFL is when kids make it to the ALL-STARs have someone monitor the coaches and let all the kids have a fair shot a spot they want to play. That is the only time you will see "Daddy Ball" in BAFL.
Bafl coach

Houston, TX

#7 Oct 2, 2011
I have been a bafl coach for 9yrs and yeah u get some coaches that dont care but im not that person my son played from flag to sr and now he is playing school ball he loved and enjoyed playing bafl I am still coach little league and im there for the boys so just cuz u have one bad experience doesnt mean its all bad
Bafl coach

Houston, TX

#8 Oct 2, 2011
I belive bafl is the best and more organized yeah the regerstaion fee is hi but at least we aint gotta pay a club fee every month for our boys to play
Cheer

Houston, TX

#9 Oct 3, 2011
I am with tifi in South Houston and tifi sucks!!! How is BAFL's cheering program?
TIFI Parent

Humble, TX

#10 Nov 7, 2011
You will have good and bad at any organization just depends on who you ask. Both organizations have things you will agree with and things you don't. I am a proud TIFI parent and I am now a board member for one of there teams. I can not speak about BAFL but as far as TIFI goes, it is very organized. Each club has an input on the how things are run. In TIFI each team has a Flag, Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior level and on each level there is only 1 team made oup of 25 players. Each player must play a minimum of 15 plays each game. I believe that by having each team structured this way you are able to manage it. I would hate to register my son to be told that they are needing more boys to sign up to make a second team. The worse thing is to find out they didn't and now you have missed every opportunity to register your son in the game of football. I believe in the strict rules that TIFI has set even if I don't like all of them. They were put into place for a reason. Each organization has there owe system but when I was going to register my son I did the pros and cons and TIFI to me was the better of the two.
tifi parent

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Nov 12, 2011
TIFI is awesome there is no daddy ball on my team and we have been in it for four years next year Will be our 5 th and final year. I am proud of our rules and they are needed. If there were no rules it would just be mayhem. If mire parents could understand this maybe there would not be such a controversy. If u win fairly then great. If not there are consequences. Just like in the real world. Tifi stands up for its teams that are Fair and I love that and wouldn't go anywhere else. I have heard good about bafl as well but I am just giving my experience to u . Good.luck to whatever u choose.
mom and dad

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 Nov 12, 2011
Just for the record notice the post attitudes that are shown and that kind of tells you what type of people are in both leagues. Just saying that is how you represent your leagues?
Michael

United States

#13 Jan 26, 2012
BAFL by far. Best youth competion in Texas. Plus they just added BMT. You know they have talent down there
Sandra

United States

#14 Jul 21, 2012
Bafl is who my kidsplay for and yes they r disorganized sometimes but the kids are who needs and deserves the best
coach and parent

United States

#15 Aug 29, 2012
I have been a coach for both BAFL and TIFI. I moved over to TIFI due to the fact that the organization I once coached for (in BAFL)seemed to lose sight of what we were there for...to teach football to kids. Much of the attention was put on the ancillary things. To often, as a coach i was asked to do clean up, set up, fund raising, parent management, rules interpretation and administrative work. With TIFI, they have volunteers and paid help to do this work. I simply have to coach. I, and my son, now enjoy being invovled in organized football again.

With that said, not everyone has had the same experience that i have had. So in fairness, as long as the organization is run well and its about football and the kids.....they are both terrific for the youth of our area.
Bcswd

League City, TX

#16 Sep 2, 2012
I have had my girls in TIFI and my son in BAFL..I liked TIFI for they were organized and clear, as a parent thou for the 'girls' side of the league..I WOULD NEVER CHOOSE TIFI IF GIVEN THE CHANCE TO DO IT OVER!!!Coaches from most girls teams were harsh and for mine and other's kids it was like being in jail..some overweight coach screamin or threatening our kids while she or her helpers were stuffin themselves on the sidelines. 1 of my girls was a 4yr tifi girl..Officer/cheer/line member. HOWEVER TIFI football IS amazing from our experience..only Reason I keep my boy in BAFL is that the team we chose is there to win & TEACH! Our coach has a 12yr college coaching exprience and he brings out EVERYTHING in my son that we nor he knew existed! My boy has learned Respect, Team work, Accountability and a Love for the sport! 1 thing..Bafl football parents are like Tifi drill parents..Clickish..Tifi football parents in our town are AMAZING!..but I will take the personalized training, team brotherhood, game position play understanding over 'cool parents' anyday..my nephew was a BAFL football player, then onto school then was awarded a FULL scholarship at UofH..Bottom line..doesn't matter the league..jut don't be lazy when it comes to checkin out the coaches background and always remember that this is YOUR kid! don'tlet anyone treat them in a way that you ar not fully comfortable with..they are your kids! not some power hungry wanna bes!
OVER IT

San Antonio, TX

#17 Oct 25, 2012
this was my first year in BAFL, and we won't be back...this has been the most unorganized situation I have ever been in IN MY LIFE!!! And the politics involved? No Thanks. This is supposed to be fun for the kids, and I have been appalled at how the coaches/directors speak to the kids. And the drama with the parents is worse than High School.
Playedwithbafl

Houston, TX

#18 Oct 26, 2012
OVER IT wrote:
this was my first year in BAFL, and we won't be back...this has been the most unorganized situation I have ever been in IN MY LIFE!!! And the politics involved? No Thanks. This is supposed to be fun for the kids, and I have been appalled at how the coaches/directors speak to the kids. And the drama with the parents is worse than High School.
BAFL was the worse.. everyone was sleeping with everyone's husband/wife. It could be that way anywhere but expect it in bafl. Horrible most unorganized organization I have ever been a part of.

Since: Nov 12

Houston, TX

#19 Nov 15, 2012
So, which is better
clueless

Houston, TX

#20 Nov 29, 2012
ok which is better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blood Road Legend in Baytown, Tx (Oct '08) 18 hr Thoover 54
Hey Trump Stumps....Trump is chicken 21 hr Defiant1 6
Job Feb 25 Truth is might 99
WHERE is Charles Gilliam? Feb 22 Elaine 4
Trump Is Doing a Good Job Feb 22 red dawn 10
News Video figures into appeal of convicted murderer... (Aug '08) Feb 22 SamTex 145
Hey Trump Stumps...Vacation Costs Reach $10 Mil... Feb 21 Defiant1 9

La Porte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Porte Mortgages