A century-old mystery: Did serial kil...

A century-old mystery: Did serial killer fake her death?

There are 28 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 11, 2008, titled A century-old mystery: Did serial killer fake her death?. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

For a hundred years, people have doubted whether a zinc-lined casket in a Forest Park cemetery really entombed the body of one of America's worst female serial killers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chicago Sugano

United States

#21 Feb 13, 2008
I love the Mystery & Forensic material and the artful expertise that involves the synergy of arriving to a conclusion.
That's a major reason the television shows of CSI's are so
HOT and ranking high on the Neilsen ratings.
Keep up these stories and you will have my allegiance to your publication.
Chicago Sugano

United States

#22 Feb 13, 2008
Speaking of Mystery & Intrigue, there's a HOT legit show going up in Chi-Town
early March at The Trap Door Theatre.
'The Beastly Bombing' it ran in Los Angeles for a year now it hits the Windy City like an iceberg.
Check it out.
Yikes

Chicago, IL

#23 Feb 13, 2008
Whaaaa...I'm no forensic expert but maybe the fact that the head is missing accounts for size disparity!!!!!!!!!!
Yikes

Chicago, IL

#24 Feb 13, 2008
very interesting wrote:
As a Chicagoen living in Norway and with family still in Chicago, it would be facinating to know who the victims are and where in Norway they are from. Strange I never heard this story before......
2 things:

Spell Check and Wiki
Barbara

Chicago, IL

#25 Feb 13, 2008
You would think with all these deaths surrounding her, authorities would have become suspicious. Why wasn't anything done then?? Certainly, there was an undertaker involved if history knew about these various children dying. It makes no mention of anyone investigating anything. Got to read this book !!
Seriously

Chicago, IL

#26 Feb 13, 2008
Norman Teigen wrote:
I am interested in Chicago history. This is a fascinating story. I am particularly interested in the details of how these desperate Norwegians were lured into this woman's trap.
The story of the bones is secondary to my interest in the main story, or what I conceive to be the main story.
Great, except it happened in INDIANA.
Torger Stoersth

Sandnessjøen, Norway

#27 Feb 13, 2008
I'm following this case closely, being a close "neighbor" from Selbu, Norway (we have the same surname: Stoerset) and a local historian with special knowledge about her both Norwegian and American history. This is my Norwegian home site about her: http://home.online.no/~torgesto/bellegunness.... . Sincerely, Torger Stoersth
Dylan Nargang

Rancho Mirage, CA

#28 Feb 18, 2010
yes my name is Dylan Nargang and iam in troble because i konw that micheal jackson faked his death and he was Disgurised as a strang women on you tube and micheal jackson is not bad not like Salshow bob or not like MrBurns not from the Siopons and report deaths in LA have faked more deaths in the past weeks and can you frind a good girl who can drive school bus number 179 from Edenwold then to Greenall school in Balgoine and tell the good girl to have good experience hearing the seat bumps on school bus number 179 and tell pat Qwin the oilers head coach that micheal jackson faked his death and was Disgurised as a strang women on you tube and tell pat that micheal jackson will be a good school bus drvier and he love his kids on his big school bus and i saw Elivis spotted alive on you tube and tell the police that i saw fake death in the past weeks and a killer her faked her own death and email Shaw king ant tell her if she is interest in driving a big school bus and Shaw will have good experience hearing the nosie little baby bumps and seat bumps on her big school bus and tell the police that micheal jackson is not dead he is alive on you tube well have a good night love Dylan Nargang and tell the police that micheal jackson was making a joke to the world and he is not a bad guy he is goog guy to his fans have a good weekend and frind someone whe is interest in being prime mister of Candna and tell the grils to drive school bues and they be good experiecne school bus drivers ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Jul 20 realism 34
Al Cabone's Long Beach Indiana home. (Jun '09) May '15 kwalsh 5
NUSBAUM Elkin Funeral home May '15 scooter 2
How many felonies can a LaPorte County Prosecut... May '15 Corruption Killer 2
News Indiana Pizzeria Crowdfunding Campaign Rakes In... May '15 Quest 183
News State to double anesthetic given during execution (Apr '07) Apr '15 Concerned Citizen 78
News I-Team update: 89-year-old Indiana cocaine mule... (Oct '13) Apr '15 Corruption Killer 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Porte Mortgages