A century-old mystery: Did serial killer fake her death?

For a hundred years, people have doubted whether a zinc-lined casket in a Forest Park cemetery really entombed the body of one of America's worst female serial killers. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laurel

Skokie, IL

#1 Feb 12, 2008
Creepy. Sounds like a Stephen King-type of story. I will have to read the book
Anthony C

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 12, 2008
Whatever became of this infamous farm? Still there?
Billius

Lemont, IL

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Truth is stranger than fiction, once again. It WOULD make a good movie, starring Rosanne Barr!
Norman Teigen

Hopkins, MN

#4 Feb 12, 2008
I am interested in Chicago history. This is a fascinating story. I am particularly interested in the details of how these desperate Norwegians were lured into this woman's trap.

The story of the bones is secondary to my interest in the main story, or what I conceive to be the main story.
Jeff

Evanston, IL

#5 Feb 12, 2008
She sounds SO mean, to trick those guys from Norweigia to her house and then just kill them after they came all that way. She should have at least taken them to Navy Pier or Milennium Park or something first so their trip would be worthwhile. I'd be so mad!
Manimal

Portland, OR

#6 Feb 12, 2008
How much $$ are we wasting on this crap?? There's nobody alive to bring to justice so why even bother?
Jen

United States

#7 Feb 12, 2008
Jeff - it's Norway, not Norweigia. And 100 years ago Navy Pier and Millennium Park did not exist.
catso

Melrose Park, IL

#8 Feb 12, 2008
And we thought Lizzie Borden was bad......Did anyone check to see if she was related to Herman Mudgett (H.H. Holmes)? She seems to have used similar methods.
James from Evergreen Park

Glen Cove, NY

#9 Feb 12, 2008
Manimal wrote:
How much $$ are we wasting on this crap?? There's nobody alive to bring to justice so why even bother?
I believe you are taking a very narrow view here. Don't those who were murdered still deserve some justice! In their memory I think we should do all that we can to see that justice is served.
Also, I think it is amazing how we can use today's technology to solve crimes that happened 100 years ago!
Wik

Des Plaines, IL

#10 Feb 12, 2008
Jeff, you can't get anything past Jen, she's got a mind like a steel trap.
Laurel

Skokie, IL

#11 Feb 12, 2008
I believe Navy Pier was there 100 yrs ago just not how we see it now and maybe not named Navy Pier. This also reminds me of the book Devil in the White City which takes place in Chicago
Mutterer

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 12, 2008
I think I knew her in high school.
Stop the madness

United States

#13 Feb 12, 2008
Jen wrote:
Jeff - it's Norway, not Norweigia. And 100 years ago Navy Pier and Millennium Park did not exist.
Ya, hey Jen, that's called sarcasm honey.
catso

Melrose Park, IL

#14 Feb 12, 2008
Laurel wrote:
I believe Navy Pier was there 100 yrs ago just not how we see it now and maybe not named Navy Pier. This also reminds me of the book Devil in the White City which takes place in Chicago
Wikipedia.
Ken

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 12, 2008
Mutterer wrote:
I think I knew her in high school.
I think I went to high school with her too. I'll have to look her up in the year book if it's not to weathered from global warming.
Claire Frustine

Cicero, IL

#16 Feb 12, 2008
Better than a crime book has this one been done on any crime show yet??It would be something that I would look forward to reading /watching .I'll be looking forward to the conclusion of this case. I find it hard to believe that the entire farm hasn't been dug up by now .You would expect it to be the local ghost hunters favorite haunt??
catso

Melrose Park, IL

#17 Feb 12, 2008
Claire Frustine wrote:
Better than a crime book has this one been done on any crime show yet??It would be something that I would look forward to reading /watching .I'll be looking forward to the conclusion of this case. I find it hard to believe that the entire farm hasn't been dug up by now .You would expect it to be the local ghost hunters favorite haunt??
I don't know about ghosts, but if this was in my neighborhood....the precinct captain would have registered at least 11 more voters.
Billy Bob

Pleasanton, CA

#18 Feb 13, 2008
Stop the madness wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, hey Jen, that's called sarcasm honey.
jeff it was poorly done. I thought like Jen did. Jeff, I am afraid you will never
be a comedy writer.
As a test I would like to see you go
head to head with Woody Allen.
Billy Bob

Pleasanton, CA

#19 Feb 13, 2008
There is something very fishy about
this.
She could not have cut her own head off
so if it was her body then there was a murderer on the loose.
I am sure the mystery would have been
solved if it happened today.
I wish the hired hand had come out with
more details.
What he did say I am inclined to believe was the truth.
very interesting

Horten, Norway

#20 Feb 13, 2008
As a Chicagoen living in Norway and with family still in Chicago, it would be facinating to know who the victims are and where in Norway they are from. Strange I never heard this story before......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State to double anesthetic given during execution (Apr '07) Thu Dave And His Cousin 76
Decent Internet Providers? Dec 1 VashMoon 1
Recommendations for Ob-Gyn Nov 30 Mommy 1
hi Nov 24 Vic 3
Oregon Davis vs. Westville girls Basketball win... Nov 19 commonsense 1
Michigan City Corruption story, grand jury soon... (Aug '08) Nov '14 King of Not Givin... 270
Who loves living in M. C.? Nov '14 WhiteDevil 1
La Porte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

La Porte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

La Porte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in La Porte

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:25 pm PST