Psychologist to stand trial Feb. 7

Full story: Culver Citizen

According to Marshall County Court records, Dr. Marc A. Zackheim, of Plymouth, will begin jury trial Feb.

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 139 of139
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

His children were in the vehicle, all were unharmed. This was not a suicide. Zackheim was in terrible shape, morbidly obese. It was a heart attack.
Lady Justice

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

and, his surviving wife, Vicky, died this past year. So, now they are both gone...
Burned

North Judson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Changing Lives wrote:
Hi Mindy, just following up on your last reply. I'm interested to know about the snakes in the gardens. I want to make a difference. I'm aware that it would not be easy, but things in life that are easy usually aren't worth having. Please let me know if I am wasting my time. Thank you, Changing Lives.
<quoted text>
Another person trying to live off federal and state money pretending to love the children. Ther are too many of you out there already
old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Thus ends a true tragedy. Marc started out in his career with the best of intentions, but he never could look at his own dark side and thus all of his personal flaws came to dominate his persona. If children in his care were harmed, they have been denied justice and may pay a high price for a lifetime. Perhaps there is a take-away lesson we can each apply to our own lives.
PancininGuam

Santa Rita, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Just curious - I've found two dates for Vicki Zackheim's passing....July 31, and Aug 3.
Does anyone have any info on details, and what has happened to the four boys they adopted?
Tragic story - all the way around.
old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

I also have been unable to find a death notice or obituary for Vicki Zackheim. Can anyone provide information? I sent a holiday card that was not returned, but I've had mail take four or more months to be returned by the post office, and that is not necessarily informative.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe psychotherapy is over-rated?
It would be just my luck to end up with a therapist who would screw me up worse than if I'd been left alone.
Lady Justice

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Dear old friend,

The notice from the Jewish funeral home is the only thing that I could find on the Internet both last August and this past week. I could not locate any obituary online. I tried searching their local paper online this past week, but to no avail.
William barden

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

The top post is me phone misted up my name
Anonymous

Park Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

I was hospitalized at riveredge hospital in 1985... A near high school dropout ... Drug abuser ... Victim of severe mental and physical torture at the hands of my father.... Dr zacheim truly helped me.... I lost touch with him over the years and know nothing of the trial or his premature passing.... But for one scared teenage boy he helped me transform myself into a loving father with a successful career ... Thank you dr Z rest in peace and god bless
ReturnedMail

Zionsville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
I was hospitalized at riveredge hospital in 1985... A near high school dropout ... Drug abuser ... Victim of severe mental and physical torture at the hands of my father.... Dr zacheim truly helped me.... I lost touch with him over the years and know nothing of the trial or his premature passing.... But for one scared teenage boy he helped me transform myself into a loving father with a successful career ... Thank you dr Z rest in peace and god bless
I am the wife of one of Dr Zs patients from the mid-80s at RiversEdge after being transferred from the Indiana home. Dr Z was instrumental in providing solid direction for my husband and I long contributed his care for my husband's success.

Our holiday card was returned for the first time. I woke up this morning with Zackheim on my mind. Decided to google him because we had lost touch for years. Once he was married, we had little communication with him. Iot was as if our relationship abruptly ended!

I was shocked to read all that transpired. I just kept looking for patients that commented.

Happy to read there was more than one boy that was transformed into a loving father with a successful career.
does anyone care anymore

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

I believe that the death of Vicki Zackheim is also part of the hoax. I think she wants people to believe she's dead so she can continue writing. I believe Vicki Fraginals Zackheim is "Victoria Zackheim" a new writer living in San Francisco: http://www.victoriazackheim.com/
old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

That would be quite the hoax. The photo of the author that appears on the web site is a younger woman of healthy weight. Of course, there is no personal information. Apart from the same name,, what makes you think this is the same person?
does anyone care

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Well, first off her name is victoria zackheim which is an unusual name. She looks to be pretty over weight to me , not "healthy weight". She doesn't look young to me, unless you call upper 50's young. Vicky Fraginal or Johnson whatever was actually an aspiring creative writer during the time of the hoax. She was married to a closet homo and is now writing about gay issues as well as other things. She's a "new writer" only since 2010 shortly after her husbands death. The Vicky Zackheim obituary seems suspect and no articles published about her death. Doesn't mean it's her but sure looks fishy to me. I think she wanted to be a writer before the hoax got out of control then used an opportunity to say she's dead and have her family go along with it so she can pursue her dream of being a writer without being exposed again and have no one publish her books. Just a theory.
yikes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Concerned Citizen wrote:
What is the update on this trial?
Don't know
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

ŔLEC ?

America’s Foster Care System: Test Lab For Big Pharma, Cash Cow For Caretakers?
It's estimated that more than half of America's foster children are on some sort of psychiatric drug.
---------
Snip:

Hours after Texas Child Protective Services removed 5-year-old Tristen from the care of his mother and placed him in a foster home, Tristen’s foster parents took him to see a psychiatrist, citing concerns the young boy was depressed. That day, a psychiatrist prescribed Tristen three medications: one for anger, one for depression and one to help the 5-year-old relax.

Now an adult and out of the foster care system, Tristen says he recognizes he was depressed that day, but he says he never needed any medication —his feelings were only natural given the circumstances.

“They just took the thing that meant the most to me,” he said.“My family.”

Passed from foster home to foster home all over the state of Texas, Tristen says no one ever asked him how the pills made him feel, despite the fact that he would often spend time in his room crying because he felt his medicines were slowly tearing his chest apart.
Doctors also never tested Tristen to see whether the drugs were working or whether the combination of medications he was on was safe. And whenever he asked his case worker or foster parents if he could stop using the drugs, they threatened to call the police, take him to a psychiatric hospital or kick him out of the foster care system.

Unfortunately, stories like Tristen’s are all too common in the U.S.

Of the more than 400,000 children in the U.S. foster care system, it’s estimated that more than 50 percent are on some sort of psychiatric drug.
Money is part of the reason. Foster parents are paid more to take care of a child with mental health issues.
On average, a foster family earns about $17 a day for taking in a child who needs a basic level of care. But a child who is taking drugs such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, anxiety medications or anticonvulsant medications is worth around $1,000 a day.

And foster parents are not responsible for paying for the medicines, either, as they are covered by Social Security.

Many child and human rights advocates are concerned about the dramatic number of children who are classified as “special needs” after entering the foster care system. One reason doctors, psychiatrists and therapists may not be speaking out against the unnecessary drugging of these children is because those who prescribe the drugs often benefit financially, receiving big payouts from pharmaceutical companies.

But for foster care alumni like Tristen, placing children on several different medications is a common practice that needs to change, especially since the “medication only makes foster parents richer” at the expense of a child.

More:

By Katie Rucke | July 29, 2013

http://www.mintpressnews.com/america-foster-c...
SadMom

Mountain View, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2013

does anyone care anymore wrote:
I believe that the death of Vicki Zackheim is also part of the hoax. I think she wants people to believe she's dead so she can continue writing. I believe Vicki Fraginals Zackheim is "Victoria Zackheim" a new writer living in San Francisco: http://www.victoriazackheim.com/
I agree with you. It would be totally in her character to have a compulsive need to continue to spin her stories. After Zackheim's loss of credibility as well as her made-up concoction of Anthony Godby Johnson - it stands to realize that she would go underground. You are spot on target of her motive to deceive us once again. There seems to be a compulsive need for her to make up these "stories". I hope those boys have been placed in good homes. Dr. Zackheim alienated my son from me when he was at River Edge during the 80's. Zackheim even told me that my son wanted to be part of his family! After seeing 20/20 recently, it all fell into place. My son has moved on and is a good husband and parent. Unfortunately, our relationship has never been repaired and I now see what an impact Zackheim had on our relationship.
confused

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

i have contact with one of the boys, who was after the death of his adopted mom was placed with a relative. (all 4 boys together) her death is not a hoax, she was sick and died. her one son has been reaching out to me as an old friend, which he would not do in the way he is, if she was still alive.
curiously

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

confused wrote:
i have contact with one of the boys, who was after the death of his adopted mom was placed with a relative.(all 4 boys together) her death is not a hoax, she was sick and died. her one son has been reaching out to me as an old friend, which he would not do in the way he is, if she was still alive.
Was her death unexpected ? Do her adopted children know about the "Tony Hoax" ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 139 of139
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

La Porte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

La Porte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••