Former WHS coach Duello charged with

Former WHS coach Duello charged with

There are 12 comments on the Cedar Valley Daily Times story from Mar 16, 2006, titled Former WHS coach Duello charged with. In it, Cedar Valley Daily Times reports that:

Daniel Dean Duello, 34, of rural Mt. Auburn, was charged by Vinton Police Tuesday in Benton County District Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedar Valley Daily Times.

Someone

Cedar Rapids, IA

#1 Apr 10, 2006
That whole case is pathetic! there was nothing wrong with it. It wasn't like rape or anything! it was outside of school so it should not be a big deal! Dan Duello was one of the nicest teach at vinton shellsburg! this case is bull And molly should just shut her mouth about all of it. To get charged with something like this is insane and shouldn't be put against him for the rest of his life!!
HE DID IT

San Francisco, CA

#2 Aug 7, 2006
SOME OF THE GIRLS THAT SPREAD AROUND THE VOICE MAIL IN TEH FIRST PLACE SHOULDNT OF SPREAD IT AROUND SO THAT IS WHAT STARTED IT FIRST OF ALL SO THAT IS WHERE IT ALL STARTED, ALSO NONE OF THIS WOULD OF COME OUT IF IT WASNT FOR LESBIAN AD AND SEC. ALONG WITH THE BITCHY DAUGHTER KIM ALONG WITH SARAH B. AND TANYSHA F. CASSIE P, AND MELISSA H,
Bring It On Tough Guy

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2006
Well where should I start. K, I am going to start off by saying I hope who wrote the first message looks at this and he has a daughter someday and a young teacher has sex with her and see how you will like that. Second off he has done this for years and he is wrong with how he does it. He knows what he is doing and knows it is wrong. If he didnt know what he was doing he would of did it once been talked to about it and stopped. BUT nope he did this since 1998 WOW what a guy. So I hope who ever wrote the top message steps up and realizes a lot of stuff in life. He might of been a good guy to you but to others he is a low life if he is doing something like that. He deserves to get in trouble and pay for what he did for the rest of his life. I am so glad that Molly did come out and say something because he got what he deserves for what he put the girls through during there school years. Well if you have anything to say now I want to hear it so step up to the table now.
Tired of the rhetoric

United States

#4 Oct 18, 2006
Well, Duello plead guilty last Friday, so any questions about his actual, or perceived innocence should finally be put to rest.

Whether you like him or not, what he did was wrong. Being a good guy or a good coach, or both, does not make up for doing something wrong, especially when high school students (of any age!) are involved.

Everybody knows he had a "favorite" in every class. The law changed, and he didn't.
cat

Oslo, Norway

#5 Feb 2, 2007
Bring It On Tough Guy wrote:
Well where should I start. K, I am going to start off by saying I hope who wrote the first message looks at this and he has a daughter someday and a young teacher has sex with her and see how you will like that. Second off he has done this for years and he is wrong with how he does it. He knows what he is doing and knows it is wrong. If he didnt know what he was doing he would of did it once been talked to about it and stopped. BUT nope he did this since 1998 WOW what a guy. So I hope who ever wrote the top message steps up and realizes a lot of stuff in life. He might of been a good guy to you but to others he is a low life if he is doing something like that. He deserves to get in trouble and pay for what he did for the rest of his life. I am so glad that Molly did come out and say something because he got what he deserves for what he put the girls through during there school years. Well if you have anything to say now I want to hear it so step up to the table now.
I'm not familiar with the case... but where is the evidence that he did this in 1998? And to whom?
NONE

San Francisco, CA

#6 Mar 5, 2007
Just thought I would let you know, in his school file in 98 parents wrote in and called in and said he was either talking to them wrong or touching then wrong!
compare to jetzeta gage

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Mar 5, 2007
In reality, what is the difference between this guy and James Bentley. James (who is NOT his brother Roger,who killed jetzeta Gage) is facing 60 years for having poloroid pictures of 2 minors and taking those pictures across state lines. These possable 60 years DO NOT include any molestation charges (a later case) but simply taking,and having sexual pictures of a minor. How can this teacher get off so easy compaired to the Bentley trial???
anom

Cedar Falls, IA

#8 May 2, 2007
Actually coming from that school and being there when stuff was going down. Everyone knows for a fact that he picked a senior girl from every class to be with, one being his own adopted niece. Sick huh? She didnt say anything about it but her parents sure will tell you about actually catching them!! The proof is all out there. Duello is a nice guy, but dont be fooled
none

Omaha, NE

#9 May 18, 2007
I totaly agree with anom in waterloo. Senior girls who were 18 that way LEGALY what he was doing wasnt wrong. But he used his status to gain thier trust and THAT is why he is trouble!! He should have gotten in more trouble than just a slap on the wrist. But its all about connections in Vinton.. isnt it?!?
DMR

United States

#10 Aug 28, 2009
Well Duello was by far my favorite teacher and coach. and to the one who posted something about the lesbian AD and her so called bitchy daughter Kim. You really don't know them if you're making those types of assumptions. I consider Kim to be a great person. Everyone has their faults, but to pass judgement on someone that you don't even know, that all you know about them is the status from other KIDS at high school is just ridiculous. Why not take the time to get to know someone and the actual story before you post something like that, with their names.
hhhaa

United States

#11 Mar 29, 2012
Fk Vinton if your names not right ur nothing.... All those whites that wanted to have sex with a teacher got what they asked for a big ol duello tube steak
Areyoukidding me

West Des Moines, IA

#12 Feb 10, 2014
I went to washington high school and i would have to say alot of those girls that went there were very slutty you cant blame the guy for wanting some of it. i mean after all he was with the other gym teacher who ended up being a lesbian.
Hell i would have given him some.
i really dont think its fair that he be charged with a crime when as i said the girls were slutty. plus the girl was 18 so wheres the crime seriously. It's just a way for the city to make money off of someone who really didnt do anything wrong in my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BAM Essentials offers locally-made signs, decal... Jul '16 John 1
News Mission Accomplished for Vinton Chiropractic Ce... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Chiropractor from... 20
News New dining, shopping experience at Gypsy Souls (Mar '14) Mar '14 Rae Freet 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - La Porte City, IA (Aug '10) Aug '13 debbie 8
Debate: Trayvon Martin - La Porte City, IA (Apr '12) Apr '12 sMs319 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - La Porte City, IA (Aug '11) Aug '11 Cynthia Gross 1
News St. Paul Methodist Church Welcomes Malawian Min... (Mar '11) Mar '11 ANDREW S MBEWE 1

La Porte City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Porte City Mortgages