Murder suspect arrested after standof...

Murder suspect arrested after standoff with West Covina police

There are 28 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from May 1, 2009, titled Murder suspect arrested after standoff with West Covina police. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Police arrested a man suspected of stabbing his ex-wife to death in La Palma on Friday after a two-hour standoff at a local shopping mall, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
George

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 May 2, 2009
Sad for the family... People sure are crazy, amazing what jealousy, greed, and revenge make people do...
jammer

Covina, CA

#2 May 2, 2009
Damn. They took him alive. Now we pay to try, house and feed him, then in a few years he will become a problem again.

“I live vicariously through me”

Since: Dec 08

San Marino CA.

#3 May 2, 2009
If you dont like your wife, LEAVE! There is no need to take a person's life. This guy is as evil as gangbangers
Patrick

San Dimas, CA

#4 May 2, 2009
I always thought it was shoot to kill, not shoot to bruise ?

Isn't that why we arm the police with deadly force? so when the time comes, they can actually settle something instead of postponing something for 15 to 20? I'm with Jammer on this.
zzyzx

Ontario, CA

#5 May 2, 2009
I find this behavior appalling. However this type of behavior is likely continue until the California changes its law and procedures that are unjustly bias against men. We have a legal system now which and basically enslaves men in the divorce court system. It enough for to push a few of these guys off the deep end.
FRIENDS

Lake Forest, CA

#6 May 2, 2009
This is a good lesson to learn, for sveryone thats in the same situation. Too bad he killed
her already, instead of going to the rigth direc-
tion.feel terrebly bad for the family.My heart goes out for the kids

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 May 2, 2009
zzyzx wrote:
I find this behavior appalling. However this type of behavior is likely continue until the California changes its law and procedures that are unjustly bias against men. We have a legal system now which and basically enslaves men in the divorce court system. It enough for to push a few of these guys off the deep end.
Must I remind you the same was said about the man that killed the family in West Covina..."poor guy this and that she probably took him for everything"... well low and behold she didn't and the court papers showed it. This has nothing to do with how the Court system works and "enslaving men" in divorce proceedings. You should see that these men are men who have no control over their emotions and go off the deep end on their own. They cannot handle being without the woman they love. I'm sure there are also cases of women who cannot live without the man they love and do the same. However, lately the cases we hear about has been the man who takes the life of the loved one. I'm sorry but I don't agree with your statement.
JackSchitt

United States

#8 May 2, 2009
Patrick wrote:
I always thought it was shoot to kill, not shoot to bruise ?
Isn't that why we arm the police with deadly force? so when the time comes, they can actually settle something instead of postponing something for 15 to 20? I'm with Jammer on this.
I agree! What a waste of time and resources, they should have spent .50 cents on a bullet and solved the problem.
just ME

West Covina, CA

#9 May 2, 2009
Okay was it just me or did that dog grab that guy by the balls and dragged him out that way. Sure looked that way.
211 Guy

Monrovia, CA

#10 May 2, 2009
just ME wrote:
Okay was it just me or did that dog grab that guy by the balls and dragged him out that way. Sure looked that way.
Watched that on TV, saved the City a 50 cent bullet. Keep your Stun gun, Tazer, bean bags and tear gas and give me a hungry K-9 any day. When you are a wife murderer(alleged)expect to loss some body parts and stay out of West Covina!

Since: Apr 09

Van Nuys, CA

#11 May 2, 2009
That mall is shit geez there's a reason I never go there!
Jenice

Las Vegas, NV

#12 May 2, 2009
ChiliHead wrote:
If you dont like your wife, LEAVE! There is no need to take a person's life. This guy is as evil as gangbangers
Unfortunately, ChiliHead, it has been shown that when a man kills his wife it's to "keep her, so no one else can have her", while when a woman kills her husband is is usually to "get away".
the dude

Torrance, CA

#13 May 2, 2009
west covina is the ghetto now.

“I live vicariously through me”

Since: Dec 08

San Marino CA.

#14 May 2, 2009
Jenice wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, ChiliHead, it has been shown that when a man kills his wife it's to "keep her, so no one else can have her", while when a woman kills her husband is is usually to "get away".
Sadly you are correct. In Michigan a woman killed her abusive husband (The burning bed) and was not convicted. I think that state is one of the few that understand the battered wife
private

Los Angeles, CA

#15 May 2, 2009
Of course Romeo didn't have the guts to cut himself to death. Time to face the music Romeo.
Escape CA

Reseda, CA

#16 May 2, 2009
This whole story is tragic and horrible.

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

#17 May 3, 2009
To bad the cops did not end his existence. It would have been no loss to society.
Shaking my head

Walnut, CA

#18 May 3, 2009
As someone who sat 2 1/2 extra hours at the Islands restarant, I can tell you I am glad the police didn't shot the suspect...no telling how much longer we would have had to sit there while the shotting was investigated. I can also say, I am extremely impressed and grateful with the way Islands handled the whole situation. I didn't get the managers name, but she was calm through the whole situation, we were offered free deserts, drinks or other food as we waited. Thank you to the Islands manager and staff, your thoughtfulness is this situation is greatly appreiciated!
Melissa

Los Angeles, CA

#19 May 3, 2009
may god be with their family and give them the strength to move on.
my prayers are with you.

“uptown girl”

Since: Mar 09

whittier

#20 May 3, 2009
ChiliHead wrote:
did it say gangbanger.. he could have been white

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Palma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr LM Parent 6,501
Anaheim is full of opportunities! (Apr '12) 5 hr Thuth 80
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 9 hr Tony 153
gangs in Norwalk (Jun '12) 16 hr Billy 67
News Making sure parents can hold schools accountable 17 hr mar 1
NY Senate Passes Bill to Criminalize Begging Wi... 18 hr Ronald 2
senatory lowenthal voted yes on iran "deal" - d... 19 hr digginpurple 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Palma Mortgages