La Serna High student dies of injurie...

La Serna High student dies of injuries in Whittier crash

There are 150 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from May 29, 2009, titled La Serna High student dies of injuries in Whittier crash. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A popular La Serna High School sophomore died yesterday from injuries sustained in an April 21 head-on collision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

kevin lomeli

Whittier, CA

#63 Jun 3, 2009
i didnt know andre very much, but he was a great kid. i knew him in hillview middle school, and used to play basketball with him. he was a great freind. i never saw him again after middle shool though. now i wish i did see him. i give you my condolences. and may andre rest in peace. he is with god in heaven now, and will suffer never more. he will be missed by many, but never forgotten.
R.I.P ANDRE
Jason

United States

#64 Jun 3, 2009
Family friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Bud, but you ae a bystander looking in. Read the other post even his own friends have wrote on the blogs about his shady character and driving habits such playing chicken ect... No sympathy here
I don't have any sympathy for him either. I took back that quote later on. I hope this guy fries.
dumb

United States

#65 Jun 3, 2009
Family friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Bud, but you ae a bystander looking in. Read the other post even his own friends have wrote on the blogs about his shady character and driving habits such playing chicken ect... No sympathy here
WE don't know who is posting what. WE can't say that this person that claims to know Derik knows him. It's all hearsay.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#66 Jun 3, 2009
If all of you want to see Derick charged. All of you need to contact the Norwalk Sheriff's Dept, Chief Thomas P. Angel or Captain Patrick Maxwell at 562-eight-six-three-eight-seve n-one-one and CHP of Santa Fe Springs at 562-eight-six-eight-zero-five- zero- three. Call them and inquire about what is being done about this tragedy. If enough people call in, the investigating agency will be pressed to investigate this matter thoroughly and not sweep it under the rug. Act now before it's old news and contact the press for coverage. Good luck
Trust

Whittier, CA

#67 Jun 3, 2009
What about the Whittier police? Are they involved? Should the numbers be forwarded to anyone interested via texts?
whittier mom

Los Angeles, CA

#68 Jun 3, 2009
SSCARZZ wrote:
was a blood test taken from the wrong way driver to determin if he was under the influence of anything? so far I see manslughter.
no there wasnt... we believe he just loves to play chicken w/other peoples lives.
whittier mom

Los Angeles, CA

#69 Jun 3, 2009
Trust wrote:
What about the Whittier police? Are they involved? Should the numbers be forwarded to anyone interested via texts?
it wouldnt be the Whittier Police... the area were the accident took place belongs to the county area.. which it is Norwalk Sheriff station... You all need to call the Sheriff Station in Norwalk, regarding everything you know about this idiot Derik.
heart broken

Las Vegas, NV

#70 Jun 3, 2009
set the records straight wrote:
I want to set the record straight on this. He was NOT tested for drinking the night of this awful accident. i know that for a fact. This is his 3rd accident. About 6-8 months ago he had a black BMW and he was messing around and totld that car. He is known very well for playing with faith. He was stabbed in a fight almost 2 years ago for his big mouth. He has to go to court two times in the month of June one in whittier and one is Moreno valley for using a stolen credit card and again for 4 traffic violations he got on christmas eve. I have known Derik since grade school. He has always caused trouble.I hope the family of Andre presses charges hard against Derik. There is plenty of information on this blog to help the family file against Derik. I feel sorry for deriks family as they are good people. derik has always done what he wanted and has never listened to anyone, so he deserve what is coming to him. why has he not been arrested yet? I really hope the family is pressing charges.
My prayes are with the Leon family. May God comfort the family and give you peace.
how do you know all this about derik are you the wicked step mom?
so sorry about your lose

San Gabriel, CA

#71 Jun 3, 2009
yes i hear the step is a real b--ch. that person seem to know alot about him. for everyone that has so much to say against derik i really hope your kids never do anything stupid because you are so quick to put this kid through hell. and yes he is a kid. he can't even buy beer yet.

My heart goes out to Andre's family my prayer are with you. may your Angel be with you always.
heart broken

Las Vegas, NV

#72 Jun 3, 2009
so sorry about your lose wrote:
yes i hear the step is a real b--ch. that person seem to know alot about him. for everyone that has so much to say against derik i really hope your kids never do anything stupid because you are so quick to put this kid through hell. and yes he is a kid. he can't even buy beer yet.
My heart goes out to Andre's family my prayer are with you. may your Angel be with you always.
the wicked step mom has made derik's life a living hell sence day 1 B**CH get back on your broom stick and go back were you came from. wait they dont want you back there either.ok yall!!!!
heart broken

Las Vegas, NV

#73 Jun 3, 2009
yall hope on your broom now b**** wait they dont want you
BURN!!!!
Whittier Parent

Whittier, CA

#74 Jun 3, 2009
heart broken wrote:
BURN!!!!
Whatever the case is with the step mom is no excuse for his actions. Many people out their have problems, but that does not justify what he has done. I have no sympathy for Derik. If he wanted to play with life, it should have never been with someone else. He should have just played russian roulet with an automatic, sorry excuse for a human being. Anyone who defends him,obviously doesnt even try to imagine what it must be like to be in the Leon Family's shoes. So enough for the cheap ass excuses. May he be thrown in jail on murder charges, and if not, may God take care of him.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#75 Jun 4, 2009
Trust wrote:
No, that location is LA County, an un-incorporated area of Whittier. LASD and CHP have jurisdiction. Whittier PD serves only the corporated area of Whittier and SFS through contract.
whoever you are

Los Angeles, CA

#76 Jun 4, 2009
heart broken wrote:
BURN!!!!
whoever you are. This is not about his step-mom. She was not the one behind the wheel!! So if your going to point fingers, point them at Derik!!! he was behind the wheel of the car that took the life of a 15 year old boy.
PEOPLE - DO SOMETHING

Whittier, CA

#77 Jun 6, 2009
Everyone should write in or call and complain to the CHP about how justice is not being done. Derrick Armstrong has not learned a thing if he's had prior tickets for driving on the wrong side of the road and still has his driver's license. Why is driving without lights on the wrong side of the road any less punishable than car racing and the consequences of the car being taken away and the driver arrested? In my opinion, it's worse. This driver was looking to take a chance on innocent victims.
We need to make a stand and not let this person get away with murder.
Contact the CHP at (1-800-835-5247) or email them at webmaster@chp.ca.gov.
sixsixsix

La Mirada, CA

#78 Jun 8, 2009
Paul wrote:
what a tragedy,thoughts and prayers for the family. May God comfort you at this time and know that to be absent from the body id to be in the presence of the Lord.
God? When will it ever end? Delusions of grandeur.
Whittier Parent

Whittier, CA

#79 Jun 8, 2009
sixsixsix wrote:
<quoted text>
God? When will it ever end? Delusions of grandeur.
Get a life idiot. Why are you here even reading these posts you loser.?
anonms

Van Nuys, CA

#80 May 29, 2011
you guys are gonna trip out when you find out what happened to Derrik
Hope justice is served

Whittier, CA

#81 May 29, 2011
anonms wrote:
you guys are gonna trip out when you find out what happened to Derrik
How are we to find out?
IS IT TRUE

La Habra, CA

#82 May 29, 2011
I heard that he got hit by a car

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Mirada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 4 min Lmsa info 11,431
FYI we are All MATCH 90640 5 hr Match 6
Get Vivian Romero out of MONTEBELLO!!!!! 6 hr No more 44
La Mirada Locs Smash LMP (Jul '15) 11 hr Sha 58
Woman arrested in Whittier Massage Parlor prost... (Jan '10) 16 hr Ou8124u 61
FBI Arrest 2 Men will ties to Jack & Vanessa!! 17 hr Out With Delgado 9
Montebello Audit 23 hr done 20

La Mirada Jobs

Personal Finance

La Mirada Mortgages