Encinitas school may ban English-only...

Encinitas school may ban English-only students

There are 5 comments on the KFMB-TV San Diego story from Mar 13, 2012, titled Encinitas school may ban English-only students. In it, KFMB-TV San Diego reports that:

ENCINITAS - Some North County parents are upset over the proposed changes for incoming students at two Encinitas elementary schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFMB-TV San Diego.

G Swanson

San Marcos, CA

#1 Mar 15, 2012
Both schools should teach in English ONLY. No other languages. Small children learn a new language easily.
I grew up in a country where English was not spoken. I could have gone to school in either the native language or English.

One of my good friends came to the USA speaking only German. She was not offered a chance to to go school where both German and English were taught. She did just fine.

To teach in 2 languages makes an extra stress on teachers and the PTA of the school to try to get all papers translated. English should be and must be the only language taught in USA schools.
Escorat

Escondido, CA

#2 Mar 15, 2012
What do you expect when the schools cater to illegal aliens.

Since: Sep 11

San Diego, CA

#3 Mar 15, 2012
I could swear that we live in America where the language spoken is English. We as a whole should have the choice to learn a new language or not. It shouldn't be forced.
Christoph

Alexandria, VA

#4 Mar 19, 2012
Ms. Swanson,

I too grew up in Germany, however we learned four languages. I can safely say that none of us gained fluency in any one language, including German. I think you are correct in saying English only should be taught.
PSAville

San Diego, CA

#5 Mar 19, 2012
Leave it to the ConspiracyTards to invent their own twist of the story. Nobody is being banned, it's about classes being merged or separated into two different classes. Next time gomer get your facts straight ya moron. White people are so dumb, no wonder they lost their country ha ha ha ha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan Shark, loan lender, Loan Offer (Jul '15) Sat Chi 3
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Fri Opinion 298
Bing is a Terrible Search Engine Jun 23 MsAngelo 5
Comcast is Worse Than You Think Jun 23 MsAngelo 10
racist white americans hate "brown" people (May '07) Jun 21 jtr119 379
Stockton Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) Jun 21 Lisancali 4
San Diego County Fair Jun 20 Jon Rose 2

La Mesa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance