Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti...

Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti into marsh

There are 13 comments on the story from Nov 13, 2009, titled Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti into marsh . In it, reports that:

A man blamed a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh near Galveston.

Join the discussion below, or

The Always Amazing Al

Hampton, VA

#1 Nov 13, 2009
Rich don't mean smart.

Milwaukee, WI

#3 Nov 13, 2009
It's a 3 year old car so it's only worth 1.2 mil. It was his everyday car. lol

Noblesville, IN

#4 Nov 13, 2009
I hope it was an important call.

“When you treat a kitty right,”

Since: Sep 09

you will be the cat's meow.

#5 Nov 13, 2009
A Bugatti in a salt marsh ... nuthin' gonna be good about that!

Since: Feb 08

#6 Nov 13, 2009
rick wrote:
I hope it was an important call.
haha, must've got the recording, "your call is important to us, please stay on the line for the next available agent"

“As seen on TV”

Since: Jul 09

40.6260°N, 75.3710°W

#7 Nov 13, 2009
Pelican #1 says to Pelican #2: See this car coming? Dude's on his cell phone, watch this (swoops down in front of windshield).

Since: Jan 08

#8 Nov 13, 2009
amazing: it was the bird's fault nothing to do with being on a cell phone while driving .... and if you drive a Bugatti then you can afford a hands free yes??

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#9 Nov 13, 2009
It's a bird! it's a plane! it's a *SPLASH*

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#10 Nov 14, 2009
Comparative Negligence Could come into Play,...

Lufkin, TX

#11 Nov 24, 2009
hahah omg, you people are funny! In the local paper, someone taped this incident & put it on there, it does not show a pelican. THe man either dropped his phone & it fell under the brake pedal & the idiot swerved at the same time he went to get his phone (bc he was going to fast to control the car) OR it was an insurance scam. I have dropped my phone under the brake before, kind of scary but i kicked it out, not bend down eyes off the road & freakin swerve off.... you just let off the gas, hello! haha. O yea & you would think this car would have that bluetooth capability where you wouldnt need to even have your phone to your ear or an ear piece.

Tyler, TX

#12 Dec 30, 2009
maybe he just can't drive? that's a lot of car to handle.

Medford, NY

#13 Dec 31, 2009
I can relate.
On a few occasions I almost accidentally swerved off the road when I became distracted by hooters.....

Nacogdoches, TX

#14 Jan 6, 2010
He paid $750K for that car, used. Not "1.2 mil."

He did it on purpose to get an insurance claim. He restores vehicles for a living.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Marque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds bust 10 alleged gang members (May '08) Nov 21 Dat farts 526
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 19 Video farts 835
I was adopted in Chicago ill dont know when but... Nov 17 Sbabygirl62 1
News Man smoking cigarette Nov 12 Troll finder 9
large cash reward (Apr '09) Nov 8 Udruveupollutethe... 5
News Tar balls found on Texas beaches (Jul '10) Nov 8 Udruveupollutethe... 2
News Should Galveston roll the dice on gambling? (Feb '11) Nov 8 Officerimeanmrwon... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Marque Mortgages