Obama speech sparks debate

Sep 6, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KHOU-TV Houston

Residents across the county are split on whether President Barack Obama's address to students should be broadcast in Galveston County's public schools.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2010
Impressed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

Only the brainless idiots who voted for this poser should be required to listen to him. That leaves every schoolkid off the hook...
DJJ

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

Now that wasn't so bad was it ?
Impressed

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Judged:

Whether it was "bad" or not isn't the point. The point is that it was inappropriate and showed poor judgment. By the way, when Elder Bush did this same thing back in the '90's, the oh-so-hypocritical Democrats called for investigations and hearings.
Zaza

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

"Obama speech sparks debate"

This is news??????????

When was the last time any president made a speech that did NOT spark debate?????
Canseco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

President Obama wasn't putting any politics when he made a wonderful speech to students. Those wackos from the right need to get their heads examined and understand that the president is helping and encouraging responsibility for our nation's youth.
Requiter2008

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Judged:

Impressed wrote:
Whether it was "bad" or not isn't the point. The point is that it was inappropriate and showed poor judgment. By the way, when Elder Bush did this same thing back in the '90's, the oh-so-hypocritical Democrats called for investigations and hearings.
And the hypocritical republicans didn't protest at all about Bush's speech did they?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Impressed....I am impressed. I couldn't muster up the stomach to listen to any of it. So I did what I could and read about it like everyone else. Not much easier, but probably required less antacid.

Thanks!
www.bcspec.com
TexasHater

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Judged:

Obama is doing his best to clean up Bush's mess and Texas and its repub leaders keep on badmouthing him no wonder there is alot of hate on Texas Oh and remember this state wants to succeed from the USA you can't get more unamerican then that! Peace prosperity Interns I miss Bill Clinton!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

TexasHater wrote:
Obama is doing his best to clean up Bush's mess and Texas and its repub leaders keep on badmouthing him no wonder there is alot of hate on Texas Oh and remember this state wants to succeed from the USA you can't get more unamerican then that! Peace prosperity Interns I miss Bill Clinton!
If you hate Texas, why do you stay here? I lived in Ohio for like a minute, I hated it. So I LEFT? Curious as to why you would stay here. I bet you would enjoy California.
Local Control

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

It's no surprise that Thornberry would vote against a law that would take some control away from local school districts. Control being the operative word. Too much control by locals will leave children behind, especially special needs kids.Congressman Thornberry need only look in his hometown backyard to see that changes need to be made.
saw

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

TexasHater wrote:
Texas is just about the only state that represents the idea of america you idiot...Get out of your comfortable box and think...
Democrats and Repubs are one in the same. Both Crooks! They are not there to help you, they are there to help themselves! Before you go bad mouthing Texas, you should try working for a living. By the way you talk you have drawn un-employment at least once in your life. Nothing is free, in Texas we work for a living..

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

quote "Nothing is free, in Texas we work for a living"

Holly Crap man You are going to piss off tons of entitlement seekers with that......Thanks!!
TexasHater

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Well I do work for a living 2 jobs sir as for unemployment all the blacks and beaners are on it. One thing about texas there are alot of damn blacks here looking for a handout, and Texans if you do not want hate from all other states act decent, women here need to act nice and stop doing drugs and being filthy golddiggers, Do something about all the blacks and mexicans here, and improve the healthcare system here! Oh one more thing this state needs labor unions to protect the workers this at will employment shit needs to go!
saw

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

TexasHater wrote:
Well I do work for a living 2 jobs sir as for unemployment all the blacks and beaners are on it. One thing about texas there are alot of damn blacks here looking for a handout, and Texans if you do not want hate from all other states act decent, women here need to act nice and stop doing drugs and being filthy golddiggers, Do something about all the blacks and mexicans here, and improve the healthcare system here! Oh one more thing this state needs labor unions to protect the workers this at will employment shit needs to go!
I do agree that union was beneficial in the past, but it doesn't work anymore. Again, greed and laziness is the result of union labor. If this state was aloud to enforce border laws that are written we could control the illegals. Big government has control of that and so does big business. I am not a believer in sending products we engineer overseas either. I don't care what color a man or woman is as long as they are legal and willing to work.
Sorry I got testy with you but I love the land in Texas. I guess its just where a man is born he sees the beauty in it's landscape.
It does break my heart to see foreigners disrespect it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent La Marque Discussions

Search the La Marque Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 26 min nina roth 17,001
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr nina roth 21,377
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) 7 hr Martin Tiller and Joan Se 54
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 7 hr Defiant1 751
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 8 hr Larry Grover 591
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Jul 18 SomebodyKnows 650
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Nancy 494
•••
•••

La Marque News Video

•••
•••

La Marque Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

La Marque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE