lhh parks & rec embarrassment

Posted in the La Habra Heights Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
too expensive

North Hollywood, CA

#1 Mar 22, 2011
You tube has the parks & rec meeting of LHH that was mysteriously hidden from the public in February. Cannot figure out why except that it was just one more unprofessional meeting held by the committee. These types of bad behavior from the Karen Vipperman and Faith Grim are becoming old and tired and they need to go.
This time it appears a violation of the Brown Act exists. Let's capture the facts here. Faith conducts meeting stating Karen will be late. Blagdon attempts to show a video on the computer. Faith is totally prepared for Blagdon's presentation (how did she know before hand), she brought her own evidence to dispute Blagdon. City representative censors Blagdon. Faith Grim allows Mr. Blagdon to go on while she consistently talks and would not allow Blagdon to talk. City representative says Blagdon's 3 minutes was up. Faith Grim said no, let him speak while she was interupting further. Yvonne Strain was constantly texting someone (hmmm I wonder who). Carol Demario's shrills are now being heard and Blagdon keeps attempting to finish a sentence to no avail. Okay, now here comes the staging...Faith and Yvonne now give Karen the word it is okay to enter.(This makes 3 in a consipiracy)...and the queen bee Karen comes in, says outloud that she was sitting in her car because "she did not want to hear public comments".(seems her husband got his hands slapped for the same thing by the DA) admonished Blagdon because he spoke for 7 minutes (which he could not finish a sentence and how did she know?) and totally contradicted what Faith has said about her being "late". First question, how did Faith and Karen and Yvonne know what Blagdon was going to do and second, they all 3 in harmony "staged" their Brown Act Violation because they obviously had a "prior" discussion. Any comments?????
Informed Citizen

Bellflower, CA

#2 Mar 22, 2011
Good luck with getting the apathetic public to understand what you're saying here. I don't live in LHH but I can discern what you are describing here and it seems totally plausible. Many of the political hacks in our communities have hijacked the democratic process for their own expedient means. I don't know what Blagdon's argument was about nor whether I would have agreed, but it certainly sounds like the democratic process in this instance was derailed by this commission. Good luck.
Curious

North Hollywood, CA

#3 Mar 22, 2011
We too wondered why the Parks and Recreation Meeting was not broadcasted. We cannot figure out what Stephen was trying to show the committee. Sure seems like the committe was awfully mean to him. What violation is being discussed? Something serious? We really do not like all of this meaness in our city coming from official persons.
Informed Citizen

Bellflower, CA

#4 Mar 22, 2011
I think what "Too Expensive" is pointing out is that the Brown Act may have been violated. The Brown Act legislates how and when public officials meet and their subsequent decisions based on those meetings. I don't know that the Brown Act was violated here but it sure does seem as if there was collusion on the commission that adversely affected the democratic process here. If you are a LHH citizen you should see to it that people are treated fairly and that your commissioners act respectfully and professionally. They must model the proper decorum. This is too bad because LHH is such a nice community.
A viewer

North Hollywood, CA

#5 Mar 22, 2011
I noticed the March meeting has not been on the TV. Anyone know why? Going to check YOUTUBE now and see what this discussion is about. Will the March meeting be on YOUTUBE?
A Reader

Grass Valley, CA

#6 Mar 22, 2011
I understand perfectly what Mr. Blagdin was trying to say, he was interrupted so much he couldn't get a word in.

Yes, in fact they appeared to violate the Brown Act and they are so stupid they don't even realize it. The DA sure has job security with this whole group.

Maybe the Vippermans can get a family discount with their lawyers?

Mrs.Grimm acted just like Mrs. Vipperman, a
clone? Mrs. Vipperman said she was sitting in the car, but I heard yelling in the back of the room. Mrs.Vipperman displaying her usual public tantrum?
Concerned

North Hollywood, CA

#7 Mar 22, 2011
I was told about this on utube. It is amazing that the mayor is wanting to set decorums for public behavior. It is absurd that they are not directing this towards elected officials behaviors and volunteers.
The outburst of Vipperman can certainly be heard. This is a breach of the brown act from what I see.
Enough

North Hollywood, CA

#8 Mar 22, 2011
What a bunch of crapola. Fire them!

“Exclusive Investigation!”

Since: Jun 07

La Habra Heights

#9 Mar 22, 2011
Below is the link to the video you will not be seeing on channel 3.

We have obtained a copy of the February La Habra Heights Park & Recreation meeting the City does not want you to see. What a show, cussing & all!

View exclusive video at the following link: http://bit.ly/geuA3D

EOM
Shame on Them

Broomfield, CO

#10 Mar 23, 2011
Parks and Rec are not elected officials, but from what I saw on the video they did interfere in the democratic process. Mr. Blagdin had ever right to speak without interruption, then they could have made their comments. Why did the city hide this video?

Mr. Vipperman more than likely directed the city to hold it. Also he was likely embarrassed at his wife's immature behavior and how. Mrs.Grimm acted like the tough girl on the playground.
policestate

North Hollywood, CA

#11 Mar 23, 2011
Surely this IS an embarrassment to our little community. Certainly 2 members, maybe 3, of P&R should immediatley be removed from their position.
LHHFascistWatch

Downey, CA

#12 Mar 23, 2011
Who the hell is Faith Grimm to tell Nr Blagden how he is to construct is comments at a public meeting.
The people have the right to voice their crticism of public policy.
The video should be sent to the Da's office with a Brown Act complaint.
You can't talk over a speaker during his time to censor,correct, or orbject to the message being stated.
Mr Blagden's rights, as well as the rights of all citizens were trampled at that meeting.
Befuddled

North Hollywood, CA

#13 Mar 23, 2011
For the past few years events in LHH caused by leadership with bad attitudes and people displaying their unhappiness has become too ugly for words. The hypocrocy is worse. Vipperman suing people, a newsman trying to film an event that clearly turned ugly for no reason, and now Ms. Grimm, who I do not know but also know that she is married to a military man,(because LHH sponsored his troop) made the the most remarkably hateful statement I can fathom. When Mr. Blagden was attempting to state why he was at this meeting of the Parks and Recreation Committee, Ms. Grimm very meanly stated (and this is summarized) that any reporter who reports the news in Egypt when the fighting was going on "are stupid enough to be there", diserve what they get. I was astonished. So, does this mean that her husband and his troop who served in Afganistan diserve to be injured, mamed or killed because they were "stupid enough to be there"?. This just goes hand in hand with how cruel our leadership is in this city. More hypocrocy is that the council now wants to set decorum for public speakers. They should look in their own bed before casting these stones. Vipperman has used his seat time and time again to slander and abuse residents in this city. Okay for him. Baroldi guilty of it too. They pour the fuel on the flame and then turn around and cause more fire. This case certainly is worthy of DA scrutiny. Let's clean this house of all filth.
What

North Hollywood, CA

#14 Mar 23, 2011
Do I have this right? City won't broadcast this meeting because there is profanity? Where? I did not see any from the public commenter nor the committee.
Obviously it was someone who belonged to the Improvement Association. That is the point isn't it? The city cannot broadcast because of potty mouthed senior citizen, a member of the Improvement Association?
Sherlock

North Hollywood, CA

#15 Mar 23, 2011
Was called to see video. 60 hits. So much for censorship. That Karen Vipperman has some serious issues. Not very healthy.
No More

North Hollywood, CA

#16 Mar 23, 2011
Get that group off the air. Off with them! Bring us new.
Problem Solved

AOL

#17 Mar 24, 2011
Karen Vipperman solved the problem at the March Park & Rec meeting.

She declared by edict that Public Comments would be moved to the end of the meeting, and not videotaped for broadcast.

I think that is illegal to do without agendizing it, but that hasn't stopped tem before.

Since: Jul 08

La Mirada,Ca

#18 Mar 24, 2011
Problem Solved wrote:
She declared by edict that Public Comments would be moved to the end of the meeting, and not videotaped for broadcast.
I think that is illegal to do without agendizing it, but that hasn't stopped tem before.
The public still has the right to comment during each and every item on the agenda while it is being handled by Fraulein Vipperman.
Confused

AOL

#19 Mar 24, 2011
Problem Solved wrote:
How will the public know what other public is concerned or commenting on? Can they do that? Does not seem right.
Horrible

AOL

#20 Mar 24, 2011
Befuddled wrote:
For the past few years events in LHH caused by leadership with bad attitudes and people displaying their unhappiness has become too ugly for words. The hypocrocy is worse. Vipperman suing people, a newsman trying to film an event that clearly turned ugly for no reason, and now Ms. Grimm, who I do not know but also know that she is married to a military man,(because LHH sponsored his troop) made the the most remarkably hateful statement I can fathom. When Mr. Blagden was attempting to state why he was at this meeting of the Parks and Recreation Committee, Ms. Grimm very meanly stated (and this is summarized) that any reporter who reports the news in Egypt when the fighting was going on "are stupid enough to be there", diserve what they get. I was astonished. So, does this mean that her husband and his troop who served in Afganistan diserve to be injured, mamed or killed because they were "stupid enough to be there"?. This just goes hand in hand with how cruel our leadership is in this city. More hypocrocy is that the council now wants to set decorum for public speakers. They should look in their own bed before casting these stones. Vipperman has used his seat time and time again to slander and abuse residents in this city. Okay for him. Baroldi guilty of it too. They pour the fuel on the flame and then turn around and cause more fire. This case certainly is worthy of DA scrutiny. Let's clean this house of all filth.
They diserve it? Mean, very mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Habra Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) 3 hr PRENT ONER KRH 1,054
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 34,850
News 7-Year-Old Shot In Anaheim (Oct '14) 5 hr Christie Taylor 6
News Hundreds March In Anaheim, Demand Arrest Of LAP... (Feb '17) 6 hr Christie Taylor 23
News Missing OC Couple Found On Indian Reservation, ... (May '15) 8 hr Christie Taylor 3
Baldwin Park Officials being investigated on Ca... 17 hr Stop Corruption 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) Wed Talent scout 10,092

La Habra Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Habra Heights Mortgages