16-year-old dies in shooting

A teenager was shot to death late Friday on Sierra Way north of 40th Street, just blocks from the scene of a recent drive-by shooting. Read more
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

San Bernardino, CA

#1 Aug 14, 2010
Hello S.M.A.S.H. I think you need to check out those apt on 46th and Sierra Way, I bet those apartments are loaded with gang bangers. Those apartments are bringing the whole area down. Hopefully the police will crack down on all those apartments. There was another shooting on the corner of Electric and 40th, I think also gang related. How many more people have to get shot before there is a crack down in that area?
blah

San Bernardino, CA

#2 Aug 15, 2010
16, and getting his life back together, just getting BACK in to school and had been in SOME trouble??? Not in a gang? Hmmm it just doesn't add up.
rikard

Stockholm, Sweden

#3 Aug 15, 2010
what was a 16 year old during out at 11:50pm anyways?
hoha

Redlands, CA

#4 Aug 15, 2010
gang related shooting/killing. I'm all for it as long as innocent bystanders are not involved.
Perspective

Delaplane, VA

#5 Aug 15, 2010
I have an idea....lets cut the police department's budget. Damn cops get paid too much already. And if they won't take pay cuts, lay some of them off.
garbage

San Bernardino, CA

#6 Aug 15, 2010
Fortunately for the tax payer this guy who would most definitely have ended up in the prison system at tax payer expense and during his times in and out of the joint he would be getting at least three different hood rats pregnant. Which welfare would support. So who ever shot him should get a reward. Lets face it folks some people should have never been born...Birth control should be mandatory for welfare recipients.Obviously the family structure that would have guided this young man into becoming a respectful decent citizen did not exist one way or another he would have made society pay other wise he would not be in the situation that caused this to happen.I agrre with previous post other post as long as no innocents are hurt let em off each other.Because obviously law enforcement has better things to do like have sex with strippers in Rialto...
garbage

San Bernardino, CA

#7 Aug 15, 2010
Luckily I didn't have to shoot him for breaking into my house
mikeyg

Tucson, AZ

#8 Aug 15, 2010
another nice day in the berdoo. not in a gang? out at midnight, trying to get his life together? from what? abuse at home? ya that's the ticket. he was probably disrespected, that always seems to be the case. the question is do they deserve respect, do they even know what the word means. used to be such a nice area.
EYEBALLS

Loma Linda, CA

#10 Aug 15, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Hello S.M.A.S.H. I think you need to check out those apt on 46th and Sierra Way, I bet those apartments are loaded with gang bangers. Those apartments are bringing the whole area down. Hopefully the police will crack down on all those apartments. There was another shooting on the corner of Electric and 40th, I think also gang related. How many more people have to get shot before there is a crack down in that area?
At those apartments all you can see at night is there white eye ball's
Woodsman

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Aug 15, 2010
Perspective wrote:
I have an idea....lets cut the police department's budget. Damn cops get paid too much already. And if they won't take pay cuts, lay some of them off.
That won't make the problem any better. I don't see that helping anything about the community. Make a suggestion that will actually make a positive difference like supporting more community organizations such as law enforcement, education, and other social services.
Woodsman

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Aug 15, 2010
garbage wrote:
Luckily I didn't have to shoot him for breaking into my house
Luckily I don't have to put up with your ignorance in person.
wally

Hesperia, CA

#13 Aug 15, 2010
Wow...some of you people are so insensitive until it happens to one of your own. I just moved from the 40th and Electric area and I've noticed more gang trouble in that area over the last 2 yrs. I saw cops around there all the time! When you can't go to Walgreens or Stater Bros or through a fast food drive through without people hanging out, begging for money, you know trouble is on the way. The worse the economy gets, the more you'll see the violence and robberies and killings. Glad I don't live in SB anymore but believe me its a matter of time before it gets everywhere. Parents need to be more involved. Fortunately this boy had both parents in the home but it didn't prevent the murder of their child. Such a shame.
garbage

San Bernardino, CA

#14 Aug 15, 2010
wally wrote:
Wow...some of you people are so insensitive until it happens to one of your own. I just moved from the 40th and Electric area and I've noticed more gang trouble in that area over the last 2 yrs. I saw cops around there all the time! When you can't go to Walgreens or Stater Bros or through a fast food drive through without people hanging out, begging for money, you know trouble is on the way. The worse the economy gets, the more you'll see the violence and robberies and killings. Glad I don't live in SB anymore but believe me its a matter of time before it gets everywhere. Parents need to be more involved. Fortunately this boy had both parents in the home but it didn't prevent the murder of their child. Such a shame.
It has already been said here but if he had both parents and they weren't drunk or high on crack why did they let their son out at that hour???
garbage

San Bernardino, CA

#15 Aug 15, 2010
If something tragic happens to my son it damn sure won't be because he was affiliating with gang members and walking the streets of SB at nearly midnight at 16 YO.Sorry my man that whole I should feel guilty for not giving a shit about people who don't give a shit about themselves bit doesn't hold water...
cucaman

Redlands, CA

#16 Aug 15, 2010
When/Where is the carwash so the supporting family and neighbors get their filthy cars washed.
CastanTruth

Chino Hills, CA

#17 Aug 15, 2010
Less gangstas the better,i am sick and tired of hearing," He beez a good boy,he aspiring rappa and sheeeit" "he was in da troublz in da past but now he turnin life around , gnomesayin ???
John Q Citizen

Fontana, CA

#18 Aug 15, 2010
Now what was a 16 year old boy doing at 11:5opm. He should be home studying. Where was his parents and why did they not enforce him to stay home? Also SB is not an area to be out late at night, So when are the parents going to learn?
John Q Citizen

Fontana, CA

#19 Aug 15, 2010
White people, arm yourselves because it will get worse.
John Q Citizen

Fontana, CA

#20 Aug 15, 2010
In response to Obama's complaint on that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network, FOX has announced that they will now air "America's Most Wanted" TWICE a week, and "Cops" THREE times a week!
garbage

San Bernardino, CA

#21 Aug 15, 2010
Woodsman wrote:
<quoted text>
Luckily I don't have to put up with your ignorance in person.
woodsman you have been in the woods to long the guy you commented on was using irony to make a point and you are lucky to avoid me in person because I would slap your dumbass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Habra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Children briefly trapped after tree falls on ca... 31 min bigpun 1
hpt 37 min La Mirada fan 2
Tony Aiello, come out of the closet...for clowns (Apr '10) 1 hr LMKnows 13
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 29,273
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 4 hr Kevin 4,815
News 1 Fatally Shot, 1 Wounded In San Juan Capistrano (Aug '06) 9 hr OLD TOWN NEWHALL1... 160
Gerdes Park in Norwalk is infested with illegal... 17 hr Tiashawn 2
La Habra Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

La Habra People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]