Pico Rivera teacher who sits on City ...

Pico Rivera teacher who sits on City Council accused of striking student

There are 15 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from May 16, 2012, titled Pico Rivera teacher who sits on City Council accused of striking student. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Councilman Gregory Salcido, in his role as a high school history teacher, was put on paid administrative leave Wednesday following a complaint filed with the sheriff's department that he struck a student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

SQD

Redlands, CA

#1 May 16, 2012
he should not be getting paid, especially after he tells media that he did strike a child.
99Percenter

La Habra, CA

#2 May 16, 2012
Gregory Salcido: Another fake politician, who finally showed his real colors. p.s. Stop littering Pico Rivera with your campaign propaganda, use the mail like you are supposed too.

Wake up Pico Rivera!
Punk'd the Punk!

Alhambra, CA

#3 May 17, 2012
Salcido is and has always been a cheap, wanna be, nobody. He's only on the Pico Rivera City Council because he gives so many kids easy A's to vote for him, and their parents are so grateful too! As a kid he used to get punk'd because he had a big mouth and didn't know when to shut it. So what does he do now, he punk's little chubby kids and girls who don't worship his cheap suits and polished dome. I hope some parent who punk'd him as a boy finishes him off once and for all. That person would have my vote for sure!!!!
Jake Fox

United States

#4 May 18, 2012
99Percenter wrote:
Gregory Salcido: Another fake politician, who finally showed his real colors. p.s. Stop littering Pico Rivera with your campaign propaganda, use the mail like you are supposed too.
Wake up Pico Rivera!
Clearly my city has its head up its own @$$
Lily

Long Beach, CA

#5 May 18, 2012
theres alot of students that like him but not me his a jerk,, i used to be in his class n he would make ugly comments everyday,,,
rob

Waipahu, HI

#6 May 25, 2012
HE IS THE FUNNY TEACHER. HE IS SO FUNNY HE MAKES FUN OF YOU. THE LAST TIME HE MADE FUN OF A GIRL AND ALSO TOUCH HER SO THE CLASS START IT TO LAUGH.. THIS GUY IS SICK. HE GAVE US ALL GOOD GRADES SO WE WOULD NOT SAY ANYTHING...CHECK ON IS HISTORY BACKGROUND.HE ALL SAID I WORK FOR THE CITY. HERE WE GO AGAIN AND THE SCHOOL. KEEP QUITE ..
tell it like it is

Simi Valley, CA

#7 May 25, 2012
Sounds like maybe all of you should get together with the parents of the boy he hit and do something about getting him out of the school and off the board. Help them stop this teacher from bullying and putting his hand on our children
Always19

Alhambra, CA

#8 May 28, 2012
You all need to learn how to write correctly.
Pico Man

United States

#9 May 29, 2012
Doesn't that idiot know all L.A. public school teachers need to extra careful because of those perverts at Miramonte Elementary in South Central? Bullying a student is one thing because you can always deny what you did. But that son of the bitch admitted that he uses corporal punishment in his class. As far as I am concerned, he is a ghost in the public school system. Rule of thumb in life: It's not what you know; It's what you can prove.
Flush the Turd

South Gate, CA

#10 Jun 4, 2012
rob wrote:
HE IS THE FUNNY TEACHER. HE IS SO FUNNY HE MAKES FUN OF YOU. THE LAST TIME HE MADE FUN OF A GIRL AND ALSO TOUCH HER SO THE CLASS START IT TO LAUGH.. THIS GUY IS SICK. HE GAVE US ALL GOOD GRADES SO WE WOULD NOT SAY ANYTHING...CHECK ON IS HISTORY BACKGROUND.HE ALL SAID I WORK FOR THE CITY. HERE WE GO AGAIN AND THE SCHOOL. KEEP QUITE ..
Rob obviously knows what he's talking about. Greg Salcido is a very disturbed person who is known for terrorizing his poor, pathetic wife. The voter's of Pico Rivera created a monster when they elected this punk to the City Council. Now he thinks he's untouchable and above the law, certainly above school district policy and everyday common sense. I feel sorry for his wife and little boy now that this maniac has been put in check, he's out of control ego must be bursting and he obviously needs an outlet for his rage and anger...yep, poor poor innocent family. I hope she seeks shelter somewhere before she becomes yet another causality of this psychopath! Maybe the mad redhead, V. Aguirre will take him in now that David Armenta has fallen out of favor with him
AGAIN. Man, these people deserve each other!!
Matt

United States

#11 Jun 11, 2012
I had him as a teacher.now I wasn't there for this inccident but ya I can agree that his methods are somewhat..different. But he means well I can bet you that 90% of his class can tell you that they actually learned something..im emberassed for the kid who probly got a love tap n took the whole thing out of proportion juss beacause he had a grudge against the teacher...good luck salcido! Ull pull through..
Tough Love

Concord, CA

#12 Jun 11, 2012
you bunch of primadonnas
Pico Man

Whittier, CA

#13 Jun 16, 2012
Salcido should have denied the whole thing. He admitted that he hit the kid on t.v. What an idiot. He can get a job at Wienerschnitzel with his butt buddy Ron Beilke. He can hit his students as much as he wants there.
Flush the Turd

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jun 18, 2012
Pico Man wrote:
Salcido should have denied the whole thing. He admitted that he hit the kid on t.v. What an idiot. He can get a job at Wienerschnitzel with his butt buddy Ron Beilke. He can hit his students as much as he wants there.
. Hell No! I wouldn't want that sicko Salcido anywhere near my favorite Wiener! I understand that ALL five school board members, especially Concholla, want him GONE! Finally, that pot smoking narcissist, arrogant, wife beating Greg Salcido is toast. He has done absolutely nothing all his years on the city council and the only reason he gets reelected is because he give all his worshipers A grades for kissing his boney azz. The sad thing is that these stupid kids mistake this for education...of course they do, school boards in the past have never held him accountable. Well, Joe Rivera and Rachel Concholla are no amateurs, they want what's best for the district and Greg Salcido is a loser. Maybe Ron Beilke can teach Salcido to toss a dog at the wiener, but Salcido's would probably want to play hide the wiener with Chaz!
Sad..So Sad..

United States

#15 Jun 19, 2012
Matt wrote:
I had him as a teacher.now I wasn't there for this inccident but ya I can agree that his methods are somewhat..different. But he means well I can bet you that 90% of his class can tell you that they actually learned something..im emberassed for the kid who probly got a love tap n took the whole thing out of proportion juss beacause he had a grudge against the teacher...good luck salcido! Ull pull through..
. Poor Matt, if Mr. Salcido taught you how to spell, then I say he's got to go! But I'm really shocked you spelled grudge correctly. I'll give you that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Habra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two men arrested after pursuit from Buena Park ... 1 hr WereAllNazis 1
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 3 hr El Jiringas 70
Leash your dog David Armenta! (Mar '10) 19 hr I know You David ... 13
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) Tue other coach 6,609
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) Tue Ace Kings 2,744
News Chino Valley board eliminates high school bound... (Aug '09) Mon CVUSD Watch 71
News DA rejects rape case involving teacher (Aug '08) May '16 Current 2016 parent 59
More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Habra Mortgages