Longtime Burch Ford dealership of La Habra closes

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Marty Burch and his family gave it everything they could. He and his 70-year-old business - Burch Ford - had weathered recessions before.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Jun 29, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ford Owner

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Great job Obama.
Local Resident

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

I will miss Burch Ford
Getoverit

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

Ford Owner wrote:
Great job Obama.
Get over it and find someone else to blame it on.The problem was way b4 Obama
LH resident

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

wow that's sad I remember Burch Ford as a kid.
Ontario resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Judged:

Obama has everything to do with it. He's raised our national debt by trillions, Nationalized businesses, fired CEO's and is acting like a dictator. Too bad for the employee's of Burch but realize, Obama closed Chrysler dealerships and 99.9% of them were owned by Republicans. Is that a coincidence? Ithink not. Again, my condolences to Marty and the staff...
Martin

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

Judged:

Ahhh, Ontario resident acting a like a true birther. How about providing some facts before rabidly spewing words.

Everyone knows the auto industry was in trouble well before President Obama was even elected.
Eric E employee 90 -95

Pierre, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

I was shocked to see that Burch Ford had closed its doors. I worked for the Burch family at that dealership as a technician for 5 years. I can honestly say I never met or worked for a more fair man in Marty Burch or family run organization. The city of La Habra lost a another business but the residents, customers and employees lost a loyal family member. Thank you Marty for the oportunity.
Carol Hinson

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

How sad to hear the news. My parents stood up for Margaet & Bill Burch when they married. The Burch's were great people and I am sure Marty did all hecould.On to new adventures!
LH Res

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

Martin wrote:
Ahhh, Ontario resident acting a like a true birther. How about providing some facts before rabidly spewing words.
Everyone knows the auto industry was in trouble well before President Obama was even elected.
A Men
La Habra

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Judged:

I think you mean...Great Job Bush!
fred

Harrison, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

how about way to go FORD!!!!!!!
Whittier resident

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

The more you spew the more you insult your own intelligence.
BUSH aka Jethro, was the one that derailed this train long ago!
Ontario resident wrote:
Obama has everything to do with it. He's raised our national debt by trillions, Nationalized businesses, fired CEO's and is acting like a dictator. Too bad for the employee's of Burch but realize, Obama closed Chrysler dealerships and 99.9% of them were owned by Republicans. Is that a coincidence? Ithink not. Again, my condolences to Marty and the staff...
Shaunai

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Does anyone remember a John Couliere? When the company was named "Elmonte Ford Automotive"???Spelling of his last name may be wrong. My Dad is searching for his number. I'm doing him a favor:) IF anyone remembers him? Or stays in touch with him? please contact me @:
phoenix_rizing1030@att.net
This search is for Harold Christner. Thank you,I appreciate you guys for helping him out,ahead of time:)
Shaunai
Cathy Burch

Seneca, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

I was one of the family members and owners of Burch Ford. I appreciate all of the kind comments of Burch Ford and our family. Our family misses all of our loyal customers, employees and supporters in the community. I thank you for all of your patronage over the years. I sincerely hope our former employees have found jobs they are happy in as well now. Thank you.
Brice spencer

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

The kid or son Marty Burch drank the company out of business.He was the biggest drunk on earth.So was his father.
William Burch

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Brice spencer wrote:
The kid or son Marty Burch drank the company out of business.He was the biggest drunk on earth.So was his father.
Too bad you never had a chance to know how good of a man Bill Burch was and how still a great man my father Marty is. Im sorry you feel that way about them.
Harry Boughner

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

That's what happens when you put a Kenyan in the White House. Hussein Obama SUX and all you morons who bought his line of bullsquat and voted for him are afraid to admit it.
Linda

Northridge, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Does anyone know how we can obtain service records for our F250 that was serviced at Burch Ford?
Cliff Chin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Whitter Boulevard is a ghost town of former car dealerships ( R.I.P. Don Steves , Jr.); and now the closure of Burch Ford is added to a growing list of off-boulevard closures .

I knew Mr. and Mrs. Burch from the late 80's / early 90's . They were very , very nice folks , and this sensibility carries over to their business.
My father bought a few trucks from Burch back in the day ; there's a reason why he chose Burch over the 'other' Ford dealer in town .
Duncan McKalkinya

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Burch has been closed for a couple of years now. This is not new news. Board and Burch closed about the same time.

Don't forget the Dodge, Saturn and GMC dealerships all in the same block that closed.

As far as Don Steves Chevrolet is concerned, they had their dealership pulled by GM over a year ago now and they're trying desperately to hang on. I gotta give them credit for that. They own the property, so the overhead is low, but without a supply of new cars, it's been very tough on them. You see what that stress did to the owner, Tom. They've always been very good to me and I've always tried to support them.

People really need to wake up and see what these bozos in Washington have done (and are CONTINUING TO DO) to our economy. Is THIS the "change" you wanted?

Anybody BUT Obummer in 2012!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent La Habra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr guest 15,956
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 6 hr SFTG 2,548
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr anonymous 26,978
Fugitive sought for shooting of pregnant woman ... (Nov '11) 13 hr Truth be told 52
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 14 hr This Weekend 4,933
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 15 hr Either Or 4,992
Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 17 hr CAVE13SSK 417

Search the La Habra Forum:
•••

La Habra News Video

•••
La Habra Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

La Habra Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••