1 jailed, 4 cited at alleged cockfigh...

1 jailed, 4 cited at alleged cockfight in City of Industry

There are 14 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Aug 2, 2009, titled 1 jailed, 4 cited at alleged cockfight in City of Industry. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One person was arrested and four others cited Saturday after sheriff's deputies broke up an alleged cockfight before it could begin, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

dixie chick

Altadena, CA

#1 Aug 3, 2009
Why weren't the others arrested for illegal gambling? Cock fighing is an excuse to bet. These guys don't care about the birds. It' is just so disgusting. I want to go vomit.
coexistence

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Aug 3, 2009
Just like a veteran drug dealer, fines and or Imrpisonment is a hazard of the occupation for this underground type of gambling. Money is to good and greed is too great. Until somebody they love gets shot for the same reasons. Then they find God.
The real whittier

Downey, CA

#3 Aug 3, 2009
wow, big bust!
SHOCKED

Pico Rivera, CA

#4 Aug 3, 2009
WOW this is news to me!!!!!! NOT!!!!!
Chris

Oceanside, CA

#5 Aug 3, 2009
There's always a cock fight.....in my pants!!!
Question

El Segundo, CA

#6 Aug 3, 2009
Now are these latinos that are born and raised in this country or are they border jumpers? Seem to me that most people that enjoy this type of activity are mojados.
RealDemocrat

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Aug 3, 2009
Question wrote:
Now are these latinos that are born and raised in this country or are they border jumpers? Seem to me that most people that enjoy this type of activity are mojados.
America would simply crumble without the Illegal Aliens huh? They're here for a better life...a life without roosters?
dixie chick

Altadena, CA

#8 Aug 3, 2009
RealDemocrat wrote:
<quoted text>America would simply crumble without the Illegal Aliens huh? They're here for a better life...a life without roosters?
Love it!!lol
bgm

Whittier, CA

#9 Aug 3, 2009
sorry
Greg

Sylmar, CA

#10 Aug 3, 2009
"Mauro Jara, 38, of Fontana was booked on suspicion of felony burglary and misdemeanor animal cruelty, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Hiroshi Yokoyama said.

Jara is suspected of organizing the cockfight.

Raul Joya, 35, of Fontana; Luis Esparza, 62, of Los Angeles; Jorge Chavez, 43, of Bloomington; and Jorge Munoz, 65, of Phelan were given citations for misdemeanor cruelty to animals, officials said."

----------

Just as I thought, cockfighting is embedded in Hispanic/Latino culture and ONLY the Hispanics are gonna be arrested for this.
man bear pig

Altadena, CA

#11 Aug 3, 2009
Greg wrote:
"Mauro Jara, 38, of Fontana was booked on suspicion of felony burglary and misdemeanor animal cruelty, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Hiroshi Yokoyama said.
Jara is suspected of organizing the cockfight.
Raul Joya, 35, of Fontana; Luis Esparza, 62, of Los Angeles; Jorge Chavez, 43, of Bloomington; and Jorge Munoz, 65, of Phelan were given citations for misdemeanor cruelty to animals, officials said."
----------
Just as I thought, cockfighting is embedded in Hispanic/Latino culture and ONLY the Hispanics are gonna be arrested for this.
What is your point? If only hispanics participate, who else would be arrested?
larry b

Whittier, CA

#12 Aug 3, 2009
So a whitecock, a blackcock, and a browncock were in a bar...
uptown dude

Pico Rivera, CA

#13 Aug 3, 2009
hahaha... that was a good one.. whitecock..blackcock..ahaha... tell the immigrants to bring only the good traditions and leave the bad ones back in the mother land... that goes for latinos, asians, indians, africans, and most of all you canadians...hhaha.... it is what it is...its not racial...those names could have easily been philipinos..
slick1

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Your all dumbasses . You be surpriced all the kinds of races involved in the sport. Its bad ass and easy money. Greed is good. That's how I bought my 2012 chevy . "Cash"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Habra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gang members arrested in Rosemead motel double ... (Apr '09) 8 hr Tu Padre 165
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 11 hr vic 71
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 11 hr American taxpayer 1,791
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 13 hr Davis 6,611
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 14 hr Poorboy 489
News Two men arrested after pursuit from Buena Park ... 17 hr WereAllNazis 1
Leash your dog David Armenta! (Mar '10) Tue I know You David ... 13

La Habra Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Habra Mortgages