Red tide stops in blue California

Voters cast their ballots in the midterm elections at local polling place at St. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
spoon

Sherman Oaks, CA

#66 Nov 9, 2010
Paul Roscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? The home is a tangible asset which is collateral. Figures don't lie if you are not a liar.
I am not. Our State income last years was !00 Billion.
Our unfunded pensions stand at $400 Billion.
And behind the state pensions are hundreds of billions of dollars that state employees provided over the lifetime of their careers. If there is a problem with the budget these recent days, it isn't the fault of those who spent decades helping build the state for low wages.
Paul Roscoe

Long Beach, CA

#67 Nov 9, 2010
spoon wrote:
<quoted text>
And behind the state pensions are hundreds of billions of dollars that state employees provided over the lifetime of their careers. If there is a problem with the budget these recent days, it isn't the fault of those who spent decades helping build the state for low wages.
Most working people expected more than we will get after the Crash. We all will have to share the pain of dealing with it. You didn't work any harder or longer than many other Californians who are suffering. This is about fairness in the face of the meltdown.

We all know that California is unique. Our State is never going to prosper again. We made too many stupid political choices over the last twenty years and we must face that stark reality.

I wish every one could have a it all. But, it just isn't possible. By 2015, 91% of every bit of revenue that comes into Los Angeles City coffers will go to Pub Emp Pensions. 91%...ouch.
Rose Cranz

Fort Dodge, IA

#68 Nov 10, 2010
Paul Roscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Our State is never going to prosper again.
Never say never.
Taxpayer

Irvine, CA

#69 Dec 23, 2011
If California turns any more blue, it's going to suffocate and die.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#70 Dec 23, 2011
Paul Roscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? The home is a tangible asset which is collateral. Figures don't lie if you are not a liar.
I am not. Our State income last years was !00 Billion.
Our unfunded pensions stand at $400 Billion.
Paul Roscoe.

True, but the current worldwide financial disaster is the result of Government's criminal real estate industry convincing the more gullible among us that they should contract a lifetime of debt bondage because buying a home is an "investment" rather than an expensive liability.

Ronald
Phil Spectator

Spring Hill, FL

#71 Dec 24, 2011
I'll bet that nobody gives a sh!t that Scott Peterson will spend another year having Christmas at San Quentin.
What a kick in the a-ss !
Stan

Philadelphia, PA

#72 Aug 9, 2012
The unions and the welfare recipients are not natural allies. They are competing for the same tax dollars. The poor in Wisconsin figured it out. California poor--not so smart.
u assume

Concord, CA

#73 Aug 10, 2012
Stan wrote:
The unions and the welfare recipients are not natural allies. They are competing for the same tax dollars. The poor in Wisconsin figured it out. California poor--not so smart.
And the rich laugh at both. Stan-not so smart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Habra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 20 min La Mirada 5,378
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 51 min OZZY 2,278
Students Find Teacher Hanging From Classroom Ce... 1 hr Newt G s Next Wife 22
Helicopters flying over home for past hour? 1 hr BudH 7
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Robert C 29,079
Glad to see S Herfert leaving 4 hr so long S H 1
Hope Chapel parishoners sue ex-pastor, church f... (Sep '09) 11 hr Isaiah 335

La Habra News Video

La Habra Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

La Habra People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:23 am PST