Woman killed in La Habra crash

Woman killed in La Habra crash

There are 13 comments on the The Wave story from Dec 19, 2012, titled Woman killed in La Habra crash. In it, The Wave reports that:

La Habra officers and Los Angeles County firefighters shortly before 6 p.m. responded to reports of a collision at the Whittier Boulevard and Cypress Street intersection, Lt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wave.

Anonymous

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#1 Dec 19, 2012
The driver of the truck was speeding, no doubt. Probably ran a red, in an effort to avoid a whole minute waiting for the next green.
anonymous

North Hollywood, CA

#2 Dec 19, 2012
No the driver of the truck was not speeding. She turned in front of him out of the parking lot. He could not stop in time.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#3 Dec 20, 2012
anonymous wrote:
No the driver of the truck was not speeding. She turned in front of him out of the parking lot. He could not stop in time.
If he had been doing 40-45, as posted, he probably wouldn't have killed her. He may not have had time to stop without hitting her, but even at the last second, he could have slowed to 25-30 mph and NOT done lethal damage.

More than likely, he was driving too fast.

Still dumb of her to have pulled out in front of him,(if she didn't have the right-of-way). But still an unfortunate situation.

RIP, Lady, whoever you were. Hope the driver of the truck is also doing OK. He must feel horrible. Slow down next time.
anonymous

Van Nuys, CA

#4 Dec 20, 2012
I wish people would have more respect for the dead. What gives u the right to say she's dumb. She was 70 years old. She was on her way to church to pray for her nephew that had just died in another country. She was a very nice lady that attended our local church. I suggest people keep their mouth shut till they know the whole story.
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If he had been doing 40-45, as posted, he probably wouldn't have killed her. He may not have had time to stop without hitting her, but even at the last second, he could have slowed to 25-30 mph and NOT done lethal damage.
Still dumb of her to have pulled out in front of him,(if she didn't have the right-of-way). But still an unfortunate situation.
RIP, Lady, whoever you were. Hope the driver of the truck is also doing OK. He must feel horrible. Slow down next time.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#5 Dec 20, 2012
anonymous wrote:
I wish people would have more respect for the dead. What gives u the right to say she's dumb. She was 70 years old. She was on her way to church to pray for her nephew that had just died in another country. She was a very nice lady that attended our local church. I suggest people keep their mouth shut till they know the whole story.
<quoted text>
I suggest you shove your suggestion up your ass.

You may also want to learn how to read, Moron. I said what she did was dumb..which it was!! If she was in the wrong state to be driving, that was also dumb. But it not the same thing as saying she was dumb, you fool.

Smart people sometimes do dumb things. You COULD be smart, but based on your two posts, I'm doubting it.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#6 Dec 20, 2012
it's not the same thing
Anonymous

North Hollywood, CA

#7 Dec 20, 2012
It was a Toyota Tercel, 1980's and a Full size truck, I honestly do not think that the small car had a chance.
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
relative

North Hollywood, CA

#8 Dec 21, 2012
You should all be ashamed of yourselves she was a friend of mine. A good Christian lady. Her friends cousin just died and she was on her was to the ulagy. Have some decency and Respect. I got there 10min after it happened. I never got to say goodbye. She took care of my sister. She was family. I just went online to contact people and ran across this. No matter what was said I skimmed through think of someone close to you and how does or would it feel. It hurts.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#9 Dec 21, 2012
relative wrote:
You should all be ashamed of yourselves she was a friend of mine. A good Christian lady. Her friends cousin just died and she was on her was to the ulagy. Have some decency and Respect. I got there 10min after it happened. I never got to say goodbye. She took care of my sister. She was family. I just went online to contact people and ran across this. No matter what was said I skimmed through think of someone close to you and how does or would it feel. It hurts.
If it were someone close to me, I'd have more important things to be worried about than what strangers were posting on a NEWS MESSAGE BOARD.(This is not a sympathy site.)
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#10 Dec 21, 2012
Oh and by the way, I'm not ashamed of myself, nor should I be.

Tributes and Legacy are two great sympathy sites. Set one up for your friend.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#11 Dec 21, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
It was a Toyota Tercel, 1980's and a Full size truck, I honestly do not think that the small car had a chance.
<quoted text>
A Chevy Silverado. Yeah, many people who drive those and big SUV's drive them way too fast, not thinking about the damage they'll do if they run into someone.

But heck, to even put your family into one of those big SUV's isn't the safest thing for your family. So, if they don't care about their children's safety, they aren't going to care about a stranger's.
discusted

Mission Viejo, CA

#12 Jan 7, 2013
you need to grow up. you think you know it all and your just a little P.O.S with no class. Maybe some day you will see what a little dick you really are.
Anonymous

Miami, FL

#13 Jan 7, 2013
discusted wrote:
you need to grow up. you think you know it all and your just a little P.O.S with no class. Maybe some day you will see what a little dick you really are.
No. You're just a whiny bitch who was raised not to take responsibility for your decisions and your actions. Shame on those P.O.S. parents of yours. They should have done a better job of teaching you that when you're careless or wreckless, bad things can happen.

But you keep crying and merely chaulking it up to being an "unfortunate accident". That's OK, Whiny Bitch. LOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Habra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 3 hr CHR 82
News 2012-12-16 12:00 AM. Theft on 21XX W DOGWOOD AV... (Dec '12) 12 hr Anaheim livin 5
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 12 hr lmsa 6,804
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Les Miles 32,402
CAIR'S Hussam Ayloush Injests Jewsemen (Dec '15) 20 hr Tasheek 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Loretta Sanchez as Representa... (Mar '16) 20 hr Exist 3
Robotic Wagina Makes Love, Plays Chess 20 hr French Jeffy 2

La Habra Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Habra Mortgages