Nestande gets 10 years' probation for fatal wreck

A Travis County jury on Friday recommended 10 years' probation for Gabrielle Nestande for criminally negligent homicide in the May 2011 death of Courtney Griffin. Full Story
Austinite

Austin, TX

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Another prime example of not justice for all but how much justice can you afford. A slap on the wrist for a wealthy and politically connected family who again caused the death of a innocent person. Like father like daughter.
Chuggaboom

Austin, TX

#2 Feb 24, 2013
Well, she was recommeneded by the Jury to have the max fine, 10K.
We will see what the final outcome witht he Judge is.
Normally 120 days jail time is mandated if probation is the recommended penalty.

Probation is often served in Texas and includes an Interlock Device and possibly electronic monitoring to ensure the probationer does not go to bars or anywhere else where alcohol is served.

Something that is underused it a Antabuse drug taken daily in front of the probation or a law enforcement offical. Any alcohol consumed will result in illness/vomiting.

For my money this chick will get the probation and fine only and no real conditions of probation. Will move back to California where probation will not be able to supervise her and no courtesy supervision by California will be performed.

In effect the court in Austin valued the victim's life at a mere $10,000
Fugazi

Austin, TX

#4 Feb 25, 2013
I cannot help but wonder what the outcome would have been had this woman been poor and had a public defender. Not insulting public defenders but justice can be bought and the jury stacked by lawyers whose clients have deep pockets to go through the motions to get the desired results.
The victim's family should sue in civil court for damages.
Lynn

United States

#5 Mar 2, 2013
What an outrage!!!! Just shows that rich people can get by with anything. I know a San Marcos woman who hit someone under the influence .... She called police. She rendered aid...... And got 10 years prison! She took responsibility for what she did and got screwed over. Nestande fled lied and got off!!!! Well at least Nestande fits in with all the politicians........ What a great role model for society!!!!! Thank God she will still have one more judgement day!!!!!!!!!!
Austinite

Austin, TX

#6 Apr 13, 2013
Yay, she got 6 months jail. She will be traded for cigarettes and see how the 99% treat her.
Is OK, rich girl will have lots of money in her canteen account so she can afford it and may even enjoy it.
She will be a repeat victim in jail of numerous hit and runs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Grange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 33 min Liberal forever 22,602
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr SusieQD 18,445
is it incest to experiment between sisters Thu Do nor 2
"Easy" Doctors in Austin, Tx (Feb '14) Sep 16 Dnel 8
where best pizza in town (Mar '14) Sep 15 dbchillin 3
Is it possible to find Suboxone in the ATX? Sep 15 yepinatx1 6
Austin - WOMEN SUCK Sep 15 anonymous 7
•••
•••
La Grange Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

La Grange Jobs