Community court helps downtown's 'mos...

Community court helps downtown's 'most frequent offender'

There are 2 comments on the Austin American-Statesman story from Feb 17, 2013, titled Community court helps downtown's 'most frequent offender'. In it, Austin American-Statesman reports that:

He's lived in Austin for 27 years, and over time, he has racked up more and more misdemeanor citations, sometimes two to three a day, he said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American-Statesman.

Austinite

Austin, TX

#1 Feb 18, 2013
So, why is it he does not get or have a job or does he have one?
Plenty of places like shelters and churches he can shower, shave, get nice clothes from, use as mailing address, so he can go look for work.
Just another vagabond stealing from my wallet.

Since: Feb 13

Austin, TX

#2 Feb 18, 2013
Austinite wrote:
So, why is it he does not get or have a job or does he have one?
Plenty of places like shelters and churches he can shower, shave, get nice clothes from, use as mailing address, so he can go look for work.
Just another vagabond stealing from my wallet.
I'd have to agree with Austinite. I work at 2 of these places in a volunteer capacity, and know SEVERAL formerly homeless that have gotten jobs and gotten off the streets in the last few months, some of them in their 40's. They were disciplined, didn't make excuses and spent their time wisely. I see many college students/people in their 20's however, who feed into this, by giving them money and buying them food, almost daily. I've even heard some on the bus who bragged about people doing it for them. These bleeding hearts don't understand that they're increasing this problem tenfold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Grange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr New Resident 1,034
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 6 hr Let Freedom Ring 4,277
Ky Huber is a coward Sat GetRealHighonPot 2
Someone is getting wild (May '13) Sat GetRealHighonPot 8
Linn Energy Bankruptcy Ripoff Jan 12 Flat Broke Now 1
Amber @ gas station Jan 3 Hard4u 1
How can I check organizational updates of Liqui... Jan 3 fransherrell 2

La Grange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Grange Mortgages