'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
john

Perris, CA

#42721 Jun 24, 2012
Laquisha Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that. Aint no shortage of crazy hillbilly racists here that are such fools they cant even recognize it in themselves.
Any surprise why they hate our president so much? Umm-hmm, damn fools all trying to out do each other proudly wearing crazy retard costumes. This must be national headquarters for crazy Fox News Fanclub Conservatives.
...or maybe you are drinking that obama cool-aid?....if you can't see the destruction this scum obama has done already?.....then enjoy your slavery, all over!!
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

#42722 Jun 24, 2012
No one wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for a civil response, not used to seeing many.
Bush abandonded the fiscal conservatism that brought me to the republican party several years ago. He was in way over his head and was a major disappointment at the least.
I just wish the election would come down to policy rather than posturing, but I suppose that will come with the debates.
Sorry about the p on msnbc, was just a response to others that cannot post without wingnuz or faux news because thats all they have and lack any logic. Like I said, I watch Morning Joe to get that perspective, and don't really have a problem with Rachel & crew, but people that hate fox usually eat her up. Can't have it both ways.
Thank you. I too suspect the debates may finally elicit some substance. Hopefully, there might be actual debates rather than scripted opposing “infomercials.”

I would hate to think we Americans would have at our disposal only our basest, most primitive reptilian reflexes to guide our voting decisions. Meanwhile, however, President Obama enjoys the advantage of incumbency and general recognition of competency, while Gov. Romney has the disadvantage of a history of having presented several versions, including that of governor (probably the most relevant), the corporate business tycoon, and currently the vague, seemingly oppositional, anti-everything-Obama presentation. I believe Governor Romney could and probably would ascend to meet the challenges of executive office rather than act on his current promises to appease the right wing extremists; however, I’m not certain that most progressives would agree without benefit of direct assurance from the Governor that he’s far more moderate than he presently appears.
Jay

Paris, TN

#42723 Jun 24, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you...for such an "awesome" display of your intelligence and integrity.....;-)
A L, Pay no attention to this self absorbed, mentally impaired lunatic who can't decide if he's a man or a woman.

He'd have to look up intelligence and integrity in the dictionary. He has no idea what you mean.

Since: Jan 10

Houston, TX

#42724 Jun 25, 2012
A shuttle helicopter carrying passengers suddenly looses engine power and the aircraft begins to descend. The pilot safely performs an emergency landing in water, and tells the passengers to remain seated and to keep the doors closed, stating that in emergency situations, the aircraft is designed to stay afloat for 30 minutes, giving rescuers time to get to them.

Just then a man gets out if his seat and runs over to open the door. The pilots screams at him, "Didn't you hear what I said, the aircraft is designed to stay afloat as long as the doors remain closed?!"

"Of course I heard you", the man replied, "But it's also designed to fly, too, and look how good that one worked out!!"
Nancy Pelosi

United States

#42725 Jun 25, 2012
We must pass this bill so we can find out what is in it!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#42726 Jun 25, 2012
Sam Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I too suspect the debates may finally elicit some substance. Hopefully, there might be actual debates rather than scripted opposing “infomercials.”
I would hate to think we Americans would have at our disposal only our basest, most primitive reptilian reflexes to guide our voting decisions. Meanwhile, however, President Obama enjoys the advantage of incumbency and general recognition of competency, while Gov. Romney has the disadvantage of a history of having presented several versions, including that of governor (probably the most relevant), the corporate business tycoon, and currently the vague, seemingly oppositional, anti-everything-Obama presentation. I believe Governor Romney could and probably would ascend to meet the challenges of executive office rather than act on his current promises to appease the right wing extremists; however, I’m not certain that most progressives would agree without benefit of direct assurance from the Governor that he’s far more moderate than he presently appears.
Sam,apparently we are on oposite poles of ideology.You may listen to and approve of any you wish and that is your incoming way of learning of current events,and thank Heavens,one of our remaining freedoms!
But some as myself,favor the Tea Party,the conservative logic,the spend less,the remove the Feds.to size and return to the States all the Constitution calls for,.Even to the extent of not allowing our Congress persons to collect money and thereby putting themselves in the position of having their votes be for the special interests or Party leanings!You see,what is meant here is that some,as myself,just do not agree with this present administration on about anything that has come up!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#42727 Jun 25, 2012
Frankly,what is a good reason there should be any debates between Romney and Obama?This just takes up time and money ,we probably learn nothing,and they could just take time on TV and explain their views just as well as getting up there and speiling off what has been taught to them by their advisors!
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42728 Jun 25, 2012
Let's be honest people..

WE'RE SCREWED AGAIN NO MATTER WHO WINS!!!!!

But I honestly think Romney is the Lesser of the two evils here...
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#42729 Jun 25, 2012
With the exception of my money,housing,job,,etc.Love being screwed.But agree with you,Romney will do better for the Country,than another 4 years of Obama.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#42730 Jun 25, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam,apparently we are on oposite poles of ideology.You may listen to and approve of any you wish and that is your incoming way of learning of current events,and thank Heavens,one of our remaining freedoms!
But some as myself,favor the Tea Party,the conservative logic,the spend less,the remove the Feds.to size and return to the States all the Constitution calls for,.Even to the extent of not allowing our Congress persons to collect money and thereby putting themselves in the position of having their votes be for the special interests or Party leanings!You see,what is meant here is that some,as myself,just do not agree with this present administration on about anything that has come up!
But don't you see, that is your opinion, what makes you think anything would change for the better following your simpleton advice - what do you base it on Glenn Beck perhaps?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#42731 Jun 25, 2012
Have no knowledge of Glen Beck,heard he is on some radio program.Yes,this is my opinion.We still have the freedom to have one,and to express one.Thanks to Heaven.We also have the right to believe in the Constitutional way of doing things in this Country ,as the Country was founded .You follow yours,I will follow mine.If your ideology is communism or sociolism,why stay here?This Country will not fall,it will probably stagger under the present administration,but has lived thru things like this before.It will survive --if we can do what is necessary and return to capitalism and the Constitution.
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

#42732 Jun 25, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect your belief system even though I disagree, not so much with some of the principles of the Tea and Libertarian Parties, which I recognize as overlapping in part yet separate entities, but more with extremist implementations of them as well as what I perceive as disregard for human suffering that would result from reckless absolutist austerity.

I favor a balanced bipartisan, politically moderate and compassionate program of controlled spending and revenue enhancement is the best solution. Not crazy right or left extremism, not obstructionism or refusal to negotiate, but exercise of cooperation and reason. I believe that America would be a far worse place if there were only one political party.
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

#42733 Jun 25, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Have no knowledge of Glen Beck,heard he is on some radio program.Yes,this is my opinion.We still have the freedom to have one,and to express one.Thanks to Heaven.We also have the right to believe in the Constitutional way of doing things in this Country ,as the Country was founded .You follow yours,I will follow mine.If your ideology is communism or sociolism,why stay here?This Country will not fall,it will probably stagger under the present administration,but has lived thru things like this before.It will survive --if we can do what is necessary and return to capitalism and the Constitution.
Glenn Beck was a Fox News personality until some brouhaha where resulted in his termination. He was all about drama and I suspect his “dismissal” was itself staged to publicize his radio career. His character was a right wing fanatic who played liberals like a violin. I always believed that he expertly adapted his character from the histrionic tragic hero in the old film “Network.” You can find a blurb about Glenn here along with a photo of him in striking his well-known sulking pose: http://www.therightperspective.org/2011/01/04...

Glenn would start by speaking softly and build in intensity while emphasizing his presentations by writing, circling and underlining on a chalk board, eventually ranting dramatically, sometimes crying. It was not Shakespeare, but certainly fun theatre. I believe you may have found his antics amusing too.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#42734 Jun 25, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Again all you have some simpleton platitudes, what do mean by "follow the constitution"? Explain what needs changing and how! It's so easy to just repeat rightwing nonsense and to trash Obama but you really have not a clue what it is you are talking about! It's t-bagger speak ...
Proud American

Glasgow, KY

#42735 Jun 25, 2012
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Again all you have some simpleton platitudes, what do mean by "follow the constitution"? Explain what needs changing and how! It's so easy to just repeat rightwing nonsense and to trash Obama but you really have not a clue what it is you are talking about! It's t-bagger speak ...
He can only present the facts and speak the truth. He's not a miracle worker! He can't MAKE your dumb ass understand or comprehend. Like a good little Obamoron you are attempting to put the focus on what you think Whitehair isn't doing to your satisfaction so as to take the focus off of you being a dumb ass. How's that working out for you dumb asses, especially here lately?

Newsflash...if you take the time to look up a few more new words and definitions maybe you wouldn't have to incorporate the word "platitude" into every post hoping that by doing so somebody somewhere might believe you to be "semi-intelligent". LMMFAO!

You are to be credited for being somewhat humorous. You accuse others of "repeating" nonsense while your replies are just that...your personal opinion. Not a fact anywhere just lots of your nonsense accusing others of nonsense. What? You didn't think any of us would notice? Now how funny is that, y'all? LMMFAO!
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42736 Jun 25, 2012
Poor Oakland, Chock full of nuts,LOL!!!!
Coal

Conway, SC

#42737 Jun 25, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Frankly,what is a good reason there should be any debates between Romney and Obama?This just takes up time and money ,we probably learn nothing,and they could just take time on TV and explain their views just as well as getting up there and speiling off what has been taught to them by their advisors!
Because President Obama will make a fool of Romney..
Coal

Conway, SC

#42738 Jun 25, 2012
Proud American wrote:
<quoted text>
He can only present the facts and speak the truth. He's not a miracle worker! He can't MAKE your dumb ass understand or comprehend. Like a good little Obamoron you are attempting to put the focus on what you think Whitehair isn't doing to your satisfaction so as to take the focus off of you being a dumb ass. How's that working out for you dumb asses, especially here lately?
Newsflash...if you take the time to look up a few more new words and definitions maybe you wouldn't have to incorporate the word "platitude" into every post hoping that by doing so somebody somewhere might believe you to be "semi-intelligent". LMMFAO!
You are to be credited for being somewhat humorous. You accuse others of "repeating" nonsense while your replies are just that...your personal opinion. Not a fact anywhere just lots of your nonsense accusing others of nonsense. What? You didn't think any of us would notice? Now how funny is that, y'all? LMMFAO!
How f' ing stupid are you?
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42739 Jun 25, 2012
WASHINGTON (AP)— When it comes to the economy, half of Americans in a new poll say it won't matter much whether Barack Obama or Mitt Romney wins — even though the presidential candidates have staked their chances on which would be better at fixing the economic mess.

People are especially pessimistic about the future president's influence over jobs, according to the Associated Press-GfK poll. Asked how much impact the November winner will have on unemployment, 6 in 10 gave answers ranging from slim to none.

Yet the candidates, the polls and the pundits agree — the economy is the issue of 2012. Can either man convince voters that he would set things right?
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42740 Jun 25, 2012
Coal wrote:
<quoted text>Because President Obama will make a fool of Romney..
The only person Obama is making a fool out of is himself...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Grange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Pate for Oldham Co Family Judge (Apr '14) Oct 21 Anonymous 24
Name the biggest druggies and thieves in the OC... Oct 20 troothzwillsetyafree 2
judge Tim feeley (Dec '11) Oct 19 Feeley FACTS 90
Crestwood Auto Sales Oct 16 FLFikes 4
Andrew Nobles (Jul '08) Oct 13 Dnandroid 4
Judge Feeley (Nov '13) Oct 9 No_Hate Vote Pate 15
corrections arrest Oct 7 city girl 3
La Grange Dating
Find my Match

La Grange Jobs

La Grange People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

La Grange News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in La Grange