Gray Wolf Found Dead in Union County,...

Gray Wolf Found Dead in Union County, Oregon

There are 32 comments on the Salem-News.com story from Jul 12, 2007, titled Gray Wolf Found Dead in Union County, Oregon. In it, Salem-News.com reports that:

“It's important for people to be thinking about the possibility of wolves in their area and to understand how to respond”

Any gray wolf which shows up in Oregon is listed as an endangered species under both state and federal law. via Salem-News.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salem-News.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
roger

Roseburg, OR

#1 Jul 13, 2007
There have been wolf sightings in Oregon for many years in the Lemolo and Diamond Lake areas. The Oregon Dept Of Fish and Wildlife have denied that there are wolves in Oregon. I have personally contacted the ODFW and was told this. The owner/operator of the Lemolo Lodge has seen wolves at Lemolo in the winter for several years. Two years ago the big game synopsis had a drawing of a wolf and a coyote that said. "This is a wolf and this is a coyote. Even though there are no wolves in Oregon if you see one of these it is illegal to shoot it." How long has ODFW really been in the wolf business?
BOB

United States

#2 Aug 22, 2007
I AM CONVINCED THAT I SAW A LARGE BLACK WOLF NEAR MT HOOD IN THE COOPER SPUR AREA. IT WAS ALONE. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! AT FIRST, I THOUGHT IT WAS A DOG. BUT, THEN IT LOOKED AT ME. THAT'S WHEN I KNEW. I AM VERY HAPPY TO KNOW THAT THE FOREST IS GETTING HEALTHY AGAIN. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE ODFW THINKS. I KNOW WHAT I SAW. IT WAS NOT A HYBRID.
rod

Eugene, OR

#3 Aug 25, 2007
folks,they showed a segment on oregon feild guide(opb)where they released wolfs into eastern oregon so i don't know what odfw is talking about.
jayky

Reno, NV

#4 Aug 25, 2007
roger wrote:
There have been wolf sightings in Oregon for many years in the Lemolo and Diamond Lake areas. The Oregon Dept Of Fish and Wildlife have denied that there are wolves in Oregon. I have personally contacted the ODFW and was told this. The owner/operator of the Lemolo Lodge has seen wolves at Lemolo in the winter for several years. Two years ago the big game synopsis had a drawing of a wolf and a coyote that said. "This is a wolf and this is a coyote. Even though there are no wolves in Oregon if you see one of these it is illegal to shoot it." How long has ODFW really been in the wolf business?
I guess ODFW wants everyone to forget the idea that wolves are in Oregon or they want people to think they are seeing a ghost and not a wolf. Go figure.
no wolves

La Grande, OR

#5 Dec 11, 2007
wolves should be shot on site. odfw cannot controll the preditor population as it is. Just what oregon needs is more preditors. The only things wolves are good for in the first place is to shoot
Oregon is Disgusting

United States

#6 Dec 15, 2007
roger wrote:
Oregon officials with a knowledge of the job they are paid to do? That would be a first.

They will, however, abuse Bucky's owners at a cost of how much?
Oregon is Disgusting

United States

#7 Dec 15, 2007
no wolves wrote:
wolves should be shot on site. odfw cannot controll the preditor population as it is. Just what oregon needs is more preditors. The only things wolves are good for in the first place is to shoot
They were here before you and your inability to spell were sighted.

Go away.
Oregon

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2008
You tree hugin hippy lovers need to get over saving the wolves. THEY ARE NOT AN INDANGERED ANIMAL ANYMORE. and you guys thinking that they need to be Released in Union county. HELLO NO ONE WANTS THEM HERE, SO WHY DONT YOU PUT THEM IN PORTLAND WHERE ALL OF YOU WANT THE DAMN WOLVES. WE DONT WANT THEM HERE. so im pretty sure that as long as they are here they will be killed.
Robb - West Linn

Oregon City, OR

#9 Feb 15, 2008
Oregon, like Michigan, chooses to say there are no wolves in Oregon and that allows them to escape having regulation regarding them. Thus, saving money and the hassle of kill on kill, regulate hunting, not regulate ....

If I were the wolves, I would probably like that idea. Then no jack-ass hunters will come into the state to hunt me!

So, if you like wolves - just enjoy them and DO NOT REPORT SIGHTINGS!

Thanks, bro Wolf Robb
Robb - West Linn

Oregon City, OR

#10 Feb 15, 2008
We can't expect much from Cro-Magnon people from La Grande. They are all inbred !

“Not Inbred”

Since: Mar 08

La Grande, OR

#11 Mar 27, 2008
Well, that's pretty insulting. I live in La Grande, and I love living here. I also love wolves and am thrilled to know they are wandering around in our neck of the woods, as are bears and cougars. I also know how to spell (most of the time, anyway). Finally, as far as I know, there are not even any 2nd or 3rd cousins, even once, twice, or thrice removed, in my ancestral lineage. Just to clarify, it's unfair to make generalizations about any group of people.
Morgan (from La Grande)
Robb - West Linn wrote:
We can't expect much from Cro-Magnon people from La Grande. They are all inbred !
Brandon

Gordon, GA

#12 Jun 4, 2008
Hey Robb,
I'll pay for your gas if you will come to La Grande and say that to my face.
I take pride in living here and I will be damn if some tree hugging pole smoker is going to degrade all the fine people who call this place home.
The person who said wolves should be shot on sight is right. Like he said, "We don't need them and we don't want them." Most ranchers around here will tell you if you see a wolf on their property, shot, shovel, and shut up.
The bottom line is that there are enough people around here that feel this way that the wolf will never get a safe haven here.
Robb - West Linn wrote:
We can't expect much from Cro-Magnon people from La Grande. They are all inbred
Brandon La Grande OR

Gordon, GA

#13 Jun 4, 2008
I'm from La Grande not Kittitas, WA.
Not sure why it said that
Gresham Gresham OR

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2008
Brandon wrote:
We can't expect much from Cro-Magnon people from La Grande. They are all inbred
Worth repeating as it is obviously true.
Gresham Gresham OR

United States

#15 Jun 24, 2008
Brandon La Grande OR wrote:
I'm from La Grande not Kittitas, WA.
Not sure why it said that
Either it is confused or you are confused. I vote for you.

I would rather see more wolves and fewer idiots with snotty faced brats. There are too many people and not enough wolves.
Jordan

La Grande, OR

#16 Nov 5, 2008
Oregon wrote:
You tree hugin hippy lovers need to get over saving the wolves. THEY ARE NOT AN INDANGERED ANIMAL ANYMORE. and you guys thinking that they need to be Released in Union county. HELLO NO ONE WANTS THEM HERE, SO WHY DONT YOU PUT THEM IN PORTLAND WHERE ALL OF YOU WANT THE DAMN WOLVES. WE DONT WANT THEM HERE. so im pretty sure that as long as they are here they will be killed.
I have to agree. I live in La Grande Oregon and we have enough trouble keeping the cougars out of our front yards let alone a wolf. Its cutting down the deer and elk numbers which is making it harder to hunt during the given season. If the ODFW cant control the predator population as it is, why add more. All the big city people who are all for healthy forests and more predators need to come live down here for a change. Life isnt all peaches and cream when you actually have to deal with these things trying to eat your pets and all.
its disappointing.
Jordan

La Grande, OR

#17 Nov 5, 2008
By the way not everyone from La Grande is an inbred you moron.
whywolves

Farmington, MN

#18 Nov 19, 2008
Well there is proof that dinosaurs were here first too. Does that mean that the gov't should start cloning them & re-introducing them? I am just curious as to why anyone thinks re-introducing wolves is a good idea?
metoo

Farmington, MN

#19 Nov 19, 2008
why?
Jerry singer

United States

#20 Nov 19, 2008
Sure,they are around. They are around McCall,Idaho where I live and a pack or two around Ketchum also. Wolves know no state boundaries. To a wolf...McCall,Lagrande,Baker City...it's all the same to them.LOTS OF SNACKS ALONG THE WAY TOO!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Grande Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feet pics Jul '16 Lonely feet 1
News Protestors fight 'zombie' pipeline Jun '16 We Hate coos bay ... 1
News Jordan Cove denied by feds Mar '16 We hate coos bay ... 1
News The nation's weather Feb '16 Mets Fan Forever 2
News Message Delivered (Feb '16) Feb '16 many watching lis... 1
Review: PnD Knives & Sharpening Services (Dec '15) Dec '15 Larry G 1
Community safety challenge (Jan '14) Jan '14 TAScott 1

La Grande Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance