I Hope The GOV Stops All Disability And Crazy Checks

Posted in the La Follette Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GET A JOB

United States

#1 Jul 14, 2011
I think they should make all of these lazy bums get off the couch and topix and go to work!!! I'm tired of getting up and going to work everyday while these sorry people gets to sit at home while I support them!!! GET A JOB!!!
flip side

Nashville, TN

#2 Jul 14, 2011
you better hope you won't need SSI yourself should anything happen to your health, as you age especially, then.

cutting off your nose to spite your face = stupid is as stupid does. idiot.
flip side

Nashville, TN

#3 Jul 14, 2011
better idea: let's tax the STUPID. be outta national dept in no time flat! start with you "get a job". LOL

don't have much to think with do ya.

makes me wonder how YOU got and keep a job. i own a business and can say i can't begin to afford someone as idiot as those that think like yourself on my payroll.

GET A LIFE.
RRAMBO

Smithville, TN

#4 Jul 14, 2011
GET A JOB wrote:
I think they should make all of these lazy bums get off the couch and topix and go to work!!! I'm tired of getting up and going to work everyday while these sorry people gets to sit at home while I support them!!! GET A JOB!!!
It is pitiful how some people express their ignorance and you just did.
For What Its Worth

New Tazewell, TN

#5 Jul 14, 2011
There are a great many people who are truly disabled. They would not be able to live if it were not for their disability checks. Since Social Security Disability (not SSI) is based on how much you have paid in, you are only getting your money back.

I will be the first to admit that there are those who are drawing checks they do not deserve, but it is much better to give them those checks undeservedly than to withhold from those who do need and are qualified for them.

Hopefully you will not need to draw disability in your self-righteous life. However, no one knows what tomorrow holds.
question

Nashville, TN

#6 Jul 14, 2011
So if you work all of your life, and payed in then became blind you would get S.S.D? So what is SSI? Thank you for the info. I agree with your above post.
question

Nashville, TN

#7 Jul 14, 2011
flip side wrote:
better idea: let's tax the STUPID. be outta national dept in no time flat! start with you "get a job". LOL
don't have much to think with do ya.
makes me wonder how YOU got and keep a job. i own a business and can say i can't begin to afford someone as idiot as those that think like yourself on my payroll.
GET A LIFE.
Your not so great yourself. "M needs to be cap. "Makes me wonder how you got and kept a job. Not keep a job. Note, at the begining of each sentence push your cap button ok. As in I not i. When using I as a word it's always I not i.(I can't see you doing payroll) "someone as idiot as those that think like" does this make any sense to you? Maybe next time you should try, "I can't to have idiots on my payroll". What kind of business do you have? Ebay doesn't count as a business moron.
For What Its Worth

New Tazewell, TN

#8 Jul 15, 2011
Thank you "question" the difference between SSI and regular Social Security Disability (SSDI) is that SSI is a predetermined amount that all receive. SSDI is based on what you have paid in. To be eligible for SSDI you must have worked a certain amount of time in the 10 years prior to becoming disabled. Some people who have met the work requirement but made a very low amount may qualify for both SSI and SSDI. For most people who have a strong work history with decent wages you will be far better off with SSDI.
WOW

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jul 15, 2011
GET A JOB wrote:
I think they should make all of these lazy bums get off the couch and topix and go to work!!! I'm tired of getting up and going to work everyday while these sorry people gets to sit at home while I support them!!! GET A JOB!!!
You work my ass I know who this is I have software that tells me your IP Address:LOL..........
LYING

Dandridge, TN

#10 Jul 16, 2011
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>You work my ass I know who this is I have software that tells me your IP Address:LOL..........
Then who am I? You don't have a clue, you liar! Cut'em all out!!!
jamie

United States

#11 Jul 16, 2011
at 21 I was in a bad car wreck and I tried to get a job I could handle after the wreck and I never was able to work like I did b4 the wreck and I went through 2 lawyers who quit on me cause they said i was too young and they wouldnt win their case that was aug of 99 and I had to fight for my disability till oct 03
I fell asleep and hit 3 trees I wasnt drunk and i wasnt high I was coming home from a date and I dont remember nothing else of the wreck
I cut back of head open, broke my nose, cut left eyelid almost off, broke bones around left eyelid, cut open under left arm broke left hand broke chest bone, all ribs, collasped both lungs, cut up spleen and guts,snapped my aorta to my heart into, chipped left hip, the door was stuck in my upper left thigh they had to take out some of the leg cause it was too torn up broke both bones in bottom of left leg and left ankle and i have a rod from knee to ankle and pin in ankle and I was dx with post traumatic stress disorder same thing vets get called shell shock and i relive that wreck all the time and now u sit and tell me I dont need the money I am getting from where I worked b4 and paid it in just in case something like this happened which it did to me and plenty of others who are on *crzy check* and just sitting on our butts doing nothing.. yeah there is lots of days im sitting on my butt because it hurts to even breath or get out of bed or sit on the toliet or im too afraid to get out of the house for the day cause im having a really rough day and if u see me out and im laughing and having a good time well it is because i feel a lil better and i make myself get out on these days so i dont sit and dwell and make myself even more sick and since my wreck i have to go to my regular doc every 3 months just to keep a check on my meds and my health and to make sure my asthma meds are keeping me able to breath so ill pray for you and all the others out there like you so you never have to live the way I live since i was 21 and I just turned 35 last month and I thank god everyday im alive for and have the health i do and the help from the government i get and if your gonna make fun of my spelling and the way i talk then go ahead that is also something i cant do to good now either
Talleha

Knoxville, TN

#12 Jul 28, 2011
There are alot of ppl that sit on their ass n get a check that dnt deserve it n have it for the most stupid reasons and i do think they need to revaluat ppl that get SSI for being crazy or minor body pain and take their check and give it to ppl that really need them... I dnt think they should take SSI from evryone because not evryone can work like the so called crazy ppl or the ppl who have a diff. thing hurting on them everyday.. My fiance is permanitly disabled, he has MD and is only 20 years old.. He was born with it but it didnt start showing until he was 14 and it is gettin worde evry day.. He stumbles when he walks and falls a daily and he could possible end up in a wheel-chair n he draws SSI and wishes everyday that he could work instead of getting a check but he is unable to do so.. I think he deserves his check and ppll like him deserve their checks, so befor you go hoping that they take SSI checks away, y dnt u just hope they take them away from the ppl that can actually work and pray for the ppl who have to suffer knowing that they would give anything to be able to go out and work like other ppl and make more the $674 a month to live on!!!! they suffer enough living day to day they dnt need ppl bashing them about their checks just because of other ppl that draw them because they say they r crazy... Give credit where credit is due and trust me 99% of the crazy r just spending their checks on stupid sh*t unlike the ppl that actually use their SSI to pay their bills!!!!
KNOW FOR SURE

Smithville, TN

#13 Jul 28, 2011
Talleha wrote:
There are alot of ppl that sit on their ass n get a check that dnt deserve it n have it for the most stupid reasons and i do think they need to revaluat ppl that get SSI for being crazy or minor body pain and take their check and give it to ppl that really need them... I dnt think they should take SSI from evryone because not evryone can work like the so called crazy ppl or the ppl who have a diff. thing hurting on them everyday.. My fiance is permanitly disabled, he has MD and is only 20 years old.. He was born with it but it didnt start showing until he was 14 and it is gettin worde evry day.. He stumbles when he walks and falls a daily and he could possible end up in a wheel-chair n he draws SSI and wishes everyday that he could work instead of getting a check but he is unable to do so.. I think he deserves his check and ppll like him deserve their checks, so befor you go hoping that they take SSI checks away, y dnt u just hope they take them away from the ppl that can actually work and pray for the ppl who have to suffer knowing that they would give anything to be able to go out and work like other ppl and make more the $674 a month to live on!!!! they suffer enough living day to day they dnt need ppl bashing them about their checks just because of other ppl that draw them because they say they r crazy... Give credit where credit is due and trust me 99% of the crazy r just spending their checks on stupid sh*t unlike the ppl that actually use their SSI to pay their bills!!!!
Truer words were never spoken.
Seriously

North Middletown, KY

#14 Jul 28, 2011
I know there are some people that get a check for no reason but what about the people like Jamie and my mother. She worked for 34 years, has crippling artritis in her back and can barely walk. She is to young to get Medicaid (which is broke too) so without her SSI check she would be without meds and insurance. Believe it or not, there are some people who do not abuse the system. I agree, something needs to be done but don't make the elders suffer anymore. They have worked their years, they should get to sit down and rest now...
little ole me

Louisville, TN

#15 Jul 28, 2011
jamie wrote:
at 21 I was in a bad car wreck and I tried to get a job I could handle after the wreck and I never was able to work like I did b4 the wreck and I went through 2 lawyers who quit on me cause they said i was too young and they wouldnt win their case that was aug of 99 and I had to fight for my disability till oct 03
I fell asleep and hit 3 trees I wasnt drunk and i wasnt high I was coming home from a date and I dont remember nothing else of the wreck
I cut back of head open, broke my nose, cut left eyelid almost off, broke bones around left eyelid, cut open under left arm broke left
Hey Jamie, God bless you. Are you a guy or girl..just wondering? Not that it matters. But hun, I am very very sorry for your loss of physical things, not to mention the mental, emotional and verbal problems and anguish I would say you are also experiencing. I am also disabled because of physical problems...And I too dont appreciate the stupid comments about our SSI checks. There is a difference in people who CAN work and choose to be lazy and make excuses and not work..and in people who really could work at a job because their physical health keeps them from doing it like mine does me and like yours does you Jamie. I have been on my share of medicines and pain medicines and because I am on ssi and had been on pain medicines I get labeled a drug addict on welfare who is lazy by some person on topix????!?!? How stupid. It takes authorization from a good doctor saying that you cannot work and explaining why. It did for me anyways, I applied when I was 18, I was born with a disease and was disabled as a child before 18..I tried to work as a teenager and it didnt work out for me so I applied when I turned 18, was denied ( as most people are the first time) and appealed..All my doctors and specialist were contacted by social security and asked about why I thought I was disabled, and after talking with my doctors and recieving written statements from my dr's I was granted my SSI disability. I use it to eat, pay rent, take care of my children and myself..and for whatever else I need, its a crappy 600 dollars a month..(and I am s thankful for that MUCH) But seriously....please be careful opening your mouth and letting stupid pour out. Some people really are sick. And how do u think we get those checks? It's not easy and it requires physical PROOF of really not being able to work. So just be thankful that you can pay taxes to help people like Jamie and myself out, and be thankful that you arent too sick to eat sometimes or to walk or to WORK..be thankful that you dont have to draw a check and only make close to 700 a month if that ( which isnt much if you think about it okay?) and be thankful that you have the opportunity to work a good job and make better money than those on SSI. My parents, family and friends are tax payers and they dont judge me for being sick and having SSI..so what is your point really? God bless those who are suffering and have to depend on SSI and God bless everyone and especially please Bless those who are mis-understanding of government support.
Thank you
little ole me again

Louisville, TN

#16 Jul 28, 2011
Talleha wrote:
There are alot of ppl that sit on their ass n get a check that dnt deserve it n have it for the most stupid reasons and i do think they need to revaluat ppl that get SSI for being crazy or minor body pain and take their check and give it to ppl that really need them... I dnt think they should take SSI from evryone because not evryone can work like the so called crazy ppl or the ppl who have a diff. thing hurting on them everyday.. My fiance is permanitly disabled, he has MD and is only 20 years old.. He was born with it but it didnt start showing until he was 14 and it is gettin worde evry day.. He stumbles when he walks and falls a daily and he could possible end up in a wheel-chair n he draws SSI and wishes everyday that he could work instead of getting a check but he is unable to do so.. I think he deserves his check and ppll like him deserve their checks, so befor you go hoping that they take SSI checks away, y dnt u just hope they take them away from the ppl that can actually work and pray for the ppl who have to suffer knowing that they would give anything to be able to go out and work like other ppl and make more the $674 a month to live on!!!! they suffer enough living day to day they dnt need ppl bashing them about their checks just because of other ppl that draw them because they say they r crazy... Give credit where credit is due and trust me 99% of the crazy r just spending their checks on stupid sh*t unlike the ppl that actually use their SSI to pay their bills!!!!
I dont understand how people like that get SSI checks. I am not being judgmental at ALL when I say this. But I know someone who is deaf and draws a check each month because of it and doesn't work or do ANYTHING related to a job because of it and other reasons I guess. And I am not trying to be rude, but being deaf does not keep you from working. You can have a job, and this person can read lips and use sign language very well so I don't understand why they won't work a job somewheres that is custom to them. 99 percent of ALL people who are deaf , almost a 100 percent of them actually dont want to be considered disabled because of them being deaf and want to work like everyone else. So again, I dont think its this persons deafness causing them to want to sit at home all day and fart around and draw a check...does anyone agree? Again I am not judging this person what so ever..but they can walk, run, eat, sleep, and clean the house, cook, sign to people, go to the store, go have fun with friends, travel like a NORMAL person with no problems..yet they draw SSI, I mean this guy can do everything like a normal person , he just cant hear but can makes sounds with his mouth and sign and read lips and interact WELL with people.
Worm

Nashville, TN

#17 Jul 28, 2011
For What Its Worth wrote:
There are a great many people who are truly disabled. They would not be able to live if it were not for their disability checks. Since Social Security Disability (not SSI) is based on how much you have paid in, you are only getting your money back.
I will be the first to admit that there are those who are drawing checks they do not deserve, but it is much better to give them those checks undeservedly than to withhold from those who do need and are qualified for them.
Hopefully you will not need to draw disability in your self-righteous life. However, no one knows what tomorrow holds.
They can say welcome to McDonalds.
nosey woman

Nashville, TN

#18 Jul 29, 2011
The ones that need to be looked at are the ones that run the roads chasing a pill. The ones that run the mountains killing many more deer and turkey than they have tags for and digging ginsing. If they can run the roads or mountains daily why cant they work? I dont make a lot of money but i work everyday to support these people and if they cut out those checks imagine what money this country would have. Lazy checks need to be cut out!!! I see families who draw now a one of them ever held a job and they are passing it on to their children its a cycle lets break the cycle thats the only way for our country to recover.
ICE COLD

Nashville, TN

#19 Jul 29, 2011
nosey woman wrote:
The ones that need to be looked at are the ones that run the roads chasing a pill. The ones that run the mountains killing many more deer and turkey than they have tags for and digging ginsing. If they can run the roads or mountains daily why cant they work? I dont make a lot of money but i work everyday to support these people and if they cut out those checks imagine what money this country would have. Lazy checks need to be cut out!!! I see families who draw now a one of them ever held a job and they are passing it on to their children its a cycle lets break the cycle thats the only way for our country to recover.
I agree with you. BUT WHERE ARE THE JOBS. THAT IS OUR PROBLEM NOW THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY JOBS OUT THERE AND THE ONES OUT THERE ARE BEING GIVEN TO THE ILLEGALS OF CAMPBELL COUNTY. WHO BUILT THE NEW BOARD OF EDUCATION OFFICE???? You know there is something wrong when a guy ask for a job and he is asked to give an I D and he pulls out about 8 different ID's and ask you which one do you want. DEAD GIVEAWAY. I THOUGHT IT WAS ILLEGAL FOR A COMPANY TO HIRE AN ILLEGAL. IT HAPPENS IN CAMPBELL COUNTY ALL THE TIME. THEY JUST WANT THE CHEAP LABOR WELL IT IS COSTING US TAXPAYERS OUT THE A** I am going to start keeping closer look on these sites and turn them in to ICE and more people should do the same. CHARITY STARTS AT HOME (THE GOOD OLD UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)
LOL

Knoxville, TN

#20 Jul 29, 2011
why give them a check when they have never worked
why should my tax dollers be given to someone that had a job but chose th burn his brain with drugs dont spend my money on worthless junk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wreck 23 min George 40
Summer 26 min young at heart 7
Dave Adkins and Joel Corner 27 min Brittany 1
kandace farmer 2 hr Ty stan 15
Blood needed 3 hr Calling on Angels 8
Judge Shane Sexton 4 hr this family 36
Any news on A & S steel 6 hr LMFAO 34
Rhonda Daugherty 20 hr Troy 410
Sheriff's Department Mon sick of rip offs 123
La Follette Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

La Follette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:30 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:30PM
2015 Atlanta Falcons Potential Draft Pick Profile: OL Ali Marpet
NFL 6:47 PM
Raiders expected to interview Mike Smith for DC
NBC Sports 7:57 PM
Report: Mike Smith expected to interview with Raiders
Bleacher Report 3:54 PM
2015 Falcons Draft Pick Profile: WR Phillip Dorsett
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
Falcons Potential Draft Pick: LB Denzel Perryman