who polices the police

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#21 May 10, 2012
watching wrote:
I get out and drive around and half the time I see the cops here not goin to a call but they drive 10 to 20 or higher over the speed limit and if you call in to report it the dispatcher gives an attitude and says you gotta call the chief! well why cant she write down the damn info and pass it along it is her job to take messages and take all reports whether its against an civilian or a cop . I support the police when they are doin what theyre hired to do but when they get out and speed through town just because they can and act like inmature people in other situations enough is enough!! now let it fly!!
How do you know they werent on a call? I ber you areto ASSUMING this becausemorning the copit wasnt running lights and siren. Tennessee code states that when you are running lights, you must use the siren too. Just off the top of my head, i can think of several different emergency calls that would necessitate a quick response, but the noise of the siren might cause the perpetrator to flee or aggravate the situation (burglary in progress, fight, barracaded suspect, hostage situation). So think about it before you ASSUME that its some kid out hotrodding the car. Someday it might be your stuff getting broke into or one of your loved ones held hostage.
Loool

Murfreesboro, TN

#22 May 10, 2012
Poor db lmao
the great Oz

Knoxville, TN

#23 May 10, 2012
Im well aware of the calls that they dont need to be heard or seen but he wasnt doin that he went up the road and pulled over in a empty parking lot. they drive like this alot here and pull anyone else over for goin 5 miles over. its a double standard because they drive a cruiser they are allowed but its not so I have had emergency driving classes and responding to a Ecall or running 33traffic (lights an siren) still are only allowed to run no more than ten over the posted limit these clowns run 15 to 20 over goin to lunch and that pisses me off. nowander they have wrecks alot!
omg

Springfield, TN

#24 May 11, 2012
Wondering 3 wrote:
<quoted text>I am with you but if their patrol car isn't already running and they get a call. then it takes time for them to start their patrol car.( Go Figure )
Thats the craziest thing ive heard. 2 of the k9 units have to leave the cars running because they have a dog in the back.
Johnny Richardson

Salt Lake City, UT

#25 May 13, 2012
I was in jail the police in there are assholes,police run red lights, they came to my house uninvited, lots of them beat their wives,they killied a guy in utah because he was homless,in utah there was also a cop who took off his clothes,also I have been thinking of the King "beating" in LA. Now when I call a police they call me back hours later,I could be dead my then. And I am mad about the Josh Powell store.
wow

Knoxville, TN

#26 May 13, 2012
Johnny Richardson wrote:
I was in jail the police in there are assholes,police run red lights, they came to my house uninvited, lots of them beat their wives,they killied a guy in utah because he was homless,in utah there was also a cop who took off his clothes,also I have been thinking of the King "beating" in LA. Now when I call a police they call me back hours later,I could be dead my then. And I am mad about the Josh Powell store.
ummm okaaaaaaaaay ?
alllllrighty then

Nashville, TN

#27 May 13, 2012
wtf???
just wondering

Dunlap, TN

#28 Aug 12, 2012
when cops hold somebody hostage thats o.k. if somebody else did that they would be shot
just wondering

Dunlap, TN

#29 Aug 12, 2012
why are the powers that be allowing the county cops in dunlap tn to hold people hostage
truth

Nashville, TN

#30 Aug 12, 2012
This is funny. I enjoy reading what the cops have to say. It's easy to tell who they are. I don't really know though. When you are a pretty girl it is kind of nice to have cops like the ones here. I don't do anything to get into trouble, but they don't know that and they treat me differently than everyone else. They have searched everyone else in the car, but not me. It saves me from getting harassed, but then they search my brother who is also a good kid. I wish they would get the pill dealers and meth cooks. Quit worrying about the kids.
truth

Nashville, TN

#31 Aug 12, 2012
One day I was at a friend's house. He had some problems with the neighbors (which everyone did). They kicked his door in while i was sitting there. About 12 guys came in and beat the crap out of him with a metal pipe. The police were called. There were 3 witnessess, the guy's bleeding from his head, and the door wouldn't even shut where it had been kicked open. The cops wouldn't do a thing. Said the door looked like that happened a long time ago. The neighbors wouldn't answer the door so there is nothing they can do! Bull shit.
embarrassed
#32 Aug 12, 2012
well the city says its having financial woes & cant afford to hire anymore officers..but ive seen new cars
adaokguy

United States

#33 Oct 12, 2012
my care was stolen a few months back and the guy who stole it had been arrested before i knew it was stolen when i contacted my police dept to make a stolen report they refused to file the report and told me that its better to just take the guy to small claims court instead of pressing charges all because to file the report would take them off the streets and wouldnt be able to find someone driving down the street they could pull over to issue a traffic ticket to
The Punisher wrote:
You all make me sick! Get on here and run your mouth about the police but when shit goes wrong or somebody steals your pills and u need a report to get more then who do you call? It sure the isn't the f***ing ghostbusters.
common sense

United States

#34 Oct 12, 2012
You guys are all idiots, everyone that claims to be a taxpayer wants to complain about the police and start quoting laws about speeding and running lights/ sirens. Get over it and mind your own business. If your so concerned about it then run for something and do something about it. The two percent of the complainers on here that actually work can do stuff at their job that nobody else can and nobody gets on here and says anything about it, and as for the other 98 percent that sits on your ass drawing a check, your the reason cops don't get paid good. Bottom line is no matter how bad you bash a cop he/ she will still lay down their life for you. Military does more childish stuff then any law enforcement agency but most people respect them because they are willing to lay down their life for us. why not show some respect for police?
fyi

Seymour, TN

#35 Oct 12, 2012
common sense wrote:
You guys are all idiots, everyone that claims to be a taxpayer wants to complain about the police and start quoting laws about speeding and running lights/ sirens. Get over it and mind your own business. If your so concerned about it then run for something and do something about it. The two percent of the complainers on here that actually work can do stuff at their job that nobody else can and nobody gets on here and says anything about it, and as for the other 98 percent that sits on your ass drawing a check, your the reason cops don't get paid good. Bottom line is no matter how bad you bash a cop he/ she will still lay down their life for you. Military does more childish stuff then any law enforcement agency but most people respect them because they are willing to lay down their life for us. why not show some respect for police?
Some lil' cop got his feelers hurt HAHAHA!
FYI

Knoxville, TN

#36 Oct 12, 2012
gas hogs wrote:
I get really upset when I see their cars running for at least an hour or more when they are eating lunch. That cost the taxpayers. I have to go out to my car and let it cool down on a hot summer day, why cant they? The only exception would be having the drug dog in the car. I can understand that.
They leave the cars running because of the battery. Do you know how fast the battery goes dead with the radio, computer, flashlight chargers, radio chargers, power inverters can drain a battery. It is harder on the engine to shut it off every time they get out then leaving it running as much as they are out of the vehicle. If you know nothing about the job then you shouldn't be on her throwing your ignorant thoughts out.
FYI

Knoxville, TN

#37 Oct 12, 2012
For the record if you drive the speed limit, keep your insurance and registration up to date and don't drive drunk you will not get pulled over. And don't forget to stop at the stop signs.
AFYI

Louisville, TN

#38 Oct 15, 2012
FYI wrote:
For the record if you drive the speed limit, keep your insurance and registration up to date and don't drive drunk you will not get pulled over. And don't forget to stop at the stop signs.
And what world do you live in?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#39 Oct 15, 2012
AFYI wrote:
<quoted text>And what world do you live in?
The same one that I and other civilized people do. Don't do stupid stuff and you wont have to worry about them. Good job outing yourself as a low-life.
AFYI

Louisville, TN

#40 Oct 15, 2012
DB Cooper 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same one that I and other civilized people do. Don't do stupid stuff and you wont have to worry about them. Good job outing yourself as a low-life.
Yeah, I've seen some of your crap on here, Mr. civilized. gfy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We're looking for a couple or individual (Aug '14) 4 hr mindy 16
Bisexual women 4 hr mindy 6
Paxton Long 5 hr Supilliterate 6
Anyone know Timpia Roy? 6 hr Gmechanic 12
elizabeth hamblin (Nov '14) 10 hr Liz hamblin 13
Bed bugs (Oct '10) 10 hr Babe 16
Mandy Sharp 11 hr Diner 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Follette Mortgages