who polices the police

Posted in the La Follette Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
watching

Kingston, TN

#1 May 8, 2012
I get out and drive around and half the time I see the cops here not goin to a call but they drive 10 to 20 or higher over the speed limit and if you call in to report it the dispatcher gives an attitude and says you gotta call the chief! well why cant she write down the damn info and pass it along it is her job to take messages and take all reports whether its against an civilian or a cop . I support the police when they are doin what theyre hired to do but when they get out and speed through town just because they can and act like inmature people in other situations enough is enough!! now let it fly!!
You are correct

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 May 8, 2012
You are 100% correct but too you got to look at what they have. Most are still kids and that all these small towns and county's can get because of the pay. But does piss you off to see them doing the same things you or I do and get pulled over and get 2 and 3 hundred tickets for. But the leadership is not much better a little older maybe but none the wiser because like the one before him he is just a puppet. But your point is right on!
watching wrote:
I get out and drive around and half the time I see the cops here not goin to a call but they drive 10 to 20 or higher over the speed limit and if you call in to report it the dispatcher gives an attitude and says you gotta call the chief! well why cant she write down the damn info and pass it along it is her job to take messages and take all reports whether its against an civilian or a cop . I support the police when they are doin what theyre hired to do but when they get out and speed through town just because they can and act like inmature people in other situations enough is enough!! now let it fly!!
The Punisher

United States

#3 May 9, 2012
You all make me sick! Get on here and run your mouth about the police but when shit goes wrong or somebody steals your pills and u need a report to get more then who do you call? It sure the isn't the f***ing ghostbusters.
What a Joke

Charlotte, NC

#4 May 9, 2012
To the punisher, u are half right and wrong. Some people call the what u would call cops and some have guns and don't need police. The other thing is if someone got their pills stole it was probably from one of the crooked cops around here. If I'm not mistaken one cop just got fired for stealing pills. They are useless around here and that's all there is to say about the police
boggling

Nashville, TN

#5 May 9, 2012
You are correct wrote:
You are 100% correct but too you got to look at what they have. Most are still kids and that all these small towns and county's can get because of the pay. But does piss you off to see them doing the same things you or I do and get pulled over and get 2 and 3 hundred tickets for. But the leadership is not much better a little older maybe but none the wiser because like the one before him he is just a puppet. But your point is right on!
<quoted text>
Just as an example - This reminds me of the d.a.r.e unit I had seen coming out of cchs onto the four lane the other day.

The cops don't get paid well, so you have low quality material for officers - understood - but, have you seen that d.a.r.e car? Anybody wanna take a guess at how EXPENSIVE that tricked out custom paint job was for that vehicle?.... yet there isn't money to hire and pay for far better qualifying officers.
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#6 May 9, 2012
boggling wrote:
<quoted text>Just as an example - This reminds me of the d.a.r.e unit I had seen coming out of cchs onto the four lane the other day.

The cops don't get paid well, so you have low quality material for officers - understood - but, have you seen that d.a.r.e car? Anybody wanna take a guess at how EXPENSIVE that tricked out custom paint job was for that vehicle?.... yet there isn't money to hire and pay for far better qualifying officers.
the "custom paint" job is vinyl and very well done. The work was donated by a local merchant.
Way funny

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 May 9, 2012
You think I would call these kids? Lmao sorry to bust your little bubble but I'll take care of my end myself but thanks for a laugh :)
The Punisher wrote:
You all make me sick! Get on here and run your mouth about the police but when shit goes wrong or somebody steals your pills and u need a report to get more then who do you call? It sure the isn't the f***ing ghostbusters.
truth

United States

#8 May 9, 2012
My husband and i got pulled over with our tags out of date a few years ago. We didn't even realize this and within ten minutes there were four cop cars lined up behind us! We don't do drugs, rarely drink keep insurance on our car and werent even speeding...we were going five miles.an hour cause we had just pulled out from a redlight! Wtf! They were probably so busy looking over crap and being paid off that they figured its be ok to gang up on somebody. I so don't trust the cops round here.
the great oz

Kingston, TN

#9 May 9, 2012
Just like all the big trucks they have routed through here I have seen dozens speeding through town and yet to see 1 pulled over that would be a good chunk of money for the town if they pull these speeding big rigs ver. I about got tboned by 2 today.

I had a good friend go through a road block pulling a trailer he just came in town and the fuse had blown on his trailer lights he and the officer walked back and checked them out and the cop wrote him up and while they were standing there another truck pulling a trailer with no lights came through and the other cop waived that truck on through and my buddy pointed and ask why isnt he getting the same ticket and the cop just gave him a smartass remark and walked off! I bet it was someone they knew, thats the way it is here
The Joker

United States

#10 May 9, 2012
If you don't like the PO PO them don't call em when your in trouble. Call a crack head!
Might as well

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 May 9, 2012
You might as well because they will send a 22 year old and have him try to explain the root of the problem to a sixty year old man. What a effin joke this place is can they not get no men not boys but men to take these jobs?
The Joker wrote:
If you don't like the PO PO them don't call em when your in trouble. Call a crack head!
gas hogs

Nashville, TN

#12 May 10, 2012
I get really upset when I see their cars running for at least an hour or more when they are eating lunch. That cost the taxpayers. I have to go out to my car and let it cool down on a hot summer day, why cant they? The only exception would be having the drug dog in the car. I can understand that.
the great Oz

Kingston, TN

#13 May 10, 2012
Ive seen some really stupid things done by these youngsters and I agree a police officer should be atleast 30 or have some common sense. these young guys are just wearing the badge to get young girls to talk to them and get some sort of power trip off it. and thats no reason to be a cop IMO. and to Joker I dont call the "po po" I can handle my self.
yep

Nashville, TN

#14 May 10, 2012
these way too young morons that are given le badges ABUSE the power of that badge, and the so-called 'head' of the dept, that knowingly hires them in. it's the same thing over, and over, no matter who is 'chief'.
to you are correct

Nashville, TN

#15 May 10, 2012
You are correct wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is pulling the strings for the puppet?
to Way Funny

Nashville, TN

#16 May 10, 2012
Way funny wrote:
You think I would call these kids? Lmao sorry to bust your little bubble but I'll take care of my end myself but thanks for a laugh :)
<quoted text>
If you take care of it yourself , wonder who will be going to jail ? Could it be YOU ????
Wondering 3

Nashville, TN

#17 May 10, 2012
Might as well wrote:
You might as well because they will send a 22 year old and have him try to explain the root of the problem to a sixty year old man. What a effin joke this place is can they not get no men not boys but men to take these jobs?
<quoted text>
What is really funny. Dispatch will send officers to people that call in wanting legal advice. If I need legal advice I will call a lawyer not a child cop. Most of them have to call dispatch and ask what to do about certain situations. So funny but so sad also.
Wondering 3

Nashville, TN

#18 May 10, 2012
gas hogs wrote:
I get really upset when I see their cars running for at least an hour or more when they are eating lunch. That cost the taxpayers. I have to go out to my car and let it cool down on a hot summer day, why cant they? The only exception would be having the drug dog in the car. I can understand that.
I am with you but if their patrol car isn't already running and they get a call. then it takes time for them to start their patrol car.( Go Figure )
the great Oz

Kingston, TN

#19 May 10, 2012
they keep them running to keep the air cool for them it just takes a few seconds for a car to start LOL!! I just know they need better supervision before theyre let loose to act stupid is all Im sayin.
no thanks po po

Knoxville, TN

#20 May 10, 2012
The Punisher wrote:
First, people dont call police when their pills get stolen. Thats asking for touble and harressment from cops. Second, doctors wont give you more pills. A person that comes in to their office with a "someone stole my pills story" is likely to be discharged. Punishment for stealing pills is an a&& beating when they catch you out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whors of CC? 10 hr Socks 4
Is this normal 10 hr Socks 6
Madea all up in hurrr 10 hr madea 7
Ford suv windshield leaks and electrical problems 11 hr Jonathan 12
county employee fired 12 hr get over it 19
Hamblin found dead 13 hr demonsintn 8
Nineteen Days to Check Day 16 hr Checkin 26
La Follette Dating
Find my Match

La Follette Jobs