Bill Pennington hit by train

Posted in the La Follette Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
west end

Mountain Home, TN

#1 Aug 1, 2011
What happened with the train hitting Bill. Was he on foot or in a car and how bad was it. I live close to 13th street and it about shook me outta the bed the loudest I've ever heard a train stop before.
thevhc

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Aug 1, 2011
Why does everyone keep getting hit by trains in this town.. what is going on??
west end

Mountain Home, TN

#3 Aug 1, 2011
I just saw on wbir.com it killed Bill when it hit him and he was on foot. And people keep getting hit by trains because they are walking on the trax. Not sure if people knows but it is a crime to walk on the trax any time. The police can take you to jail for criminal trespassing
cindy

Fort Campbell, TN

#4 Aug 1, 2011
i new bill real good i hate this he was a real good person and will be missed i have nowed him since i was 15 my heart goes out to his familey im so sad i wont his familey to no they are in thoughts and im here for them we love u bill may u rest in peace
concerned

Springfield, TN

#5 Aug 1, 2011
DOES HE HAVE A SON THEY CALL PEANUT....AND EX WIFE NAMED JACKEY...I KNEW OF ONE A LONG TIME AGO,,,BUT NOT SURE IF THIS IS HIM....THANKS
Jenn

Nashville, TN

#6 Aug 1, 2011
Yes that's him..He also has another son,Justin..He will be missed by all..May he rest in peace..
sad

Seattle, WA

#7 Aug 1, 2011
that sad.when did this happen?
umabuma

Hendersonville, TN

#8 Aug 1, 2011
If it's illegal then why do we see all these photographers pictures of people taken all over the railroad tracks. dont they know thats illegal
o.O

Nashville, TN

#9 Aug 1, 2011
The person who told me this is someone who would be in the know, unless she was directly misinformed, but apparently he's a known drunk (please, if I'm wrong, don't shoot the messenger). The conductor apparently told investigators that he saw the man, the man saw the train and was shaking his butt at the train and dancing around. Conductor says that he blew the horn and screamed at him up until the impact and there was nothing he could do to stop quicker.

Once again, this is only something relayed to me by someone who I would consider to be in the know. I do not know the person that got hit, nor do I have first hand knowledge of the accident.
Krazi

Kingston, TN

#11 Aug 2, 2011
R.I.P. Bill he didn't bother a sole......People like double ass o.O. makes these threas into ountians rom ant hills......
o.O

Nashville, TN

#12 Aug 2, 2011
Krazi wrote:
R.I.P. Bill he didn't bother a sole......People like double ass o.O. makes these threas into ountians rom ant hills......
Once again...I simply repeated what I was told from someone who works for the railroad. On going over my post, I don't see how I was rude in any way, shape, or form.
Hello

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Aug 2, 2011
I myself would not expect you to get it oo from seeing this and other post you bless us with.
sackagewa

Knoxville, TN

#14 Aug 3, 2011
f##k you oo bill was my pappaw and a very good man my name is aaron pennington and my dad is his son peanut
its people like you with this dis respect that cause trubble
true

United States

#15 Aug 3, 2011
Its true!!! They said he was shaking his butt at the train!!! Heard some of the officers talking about it!
o.O

Nashville, TN

#16 Aug 3, 2011
true wrote:
Its true!!! They said he was shaking his butt at the train!!! Heard some of the officers talking about it!
Thanks, I'm glad someone else heard it too. I came close to responding to the one going off on me about it, but I bit my tongue out of respect. I heard it from a member of the railroad who was an on the scene investigator and a deputy who was also on the scene. Both said the EXACT same thing.

To the person who has an issue with my previous posts in other threads...if you'd open your eyes for a moment, I generally only respond to idiots reporting snitches, because I hope the dealers and users get busted. Get your facts straight. I don't attack anyone unless they attack me first.

To the grand child of Mr. Pennington, I'm sorry for your loss. In no way did I mean you or your family any disrespect, I simply repeated what wad told to me by people who were on the scene. I tried to word it as softly as I could considering that it was told to me in a very harsh manner.
reality

Nashville, TN

#17 Aug 3, 2011
This was an elderly man - a grandfather - that was on the tracks shaking his behind at the train, which such behavior cost him his life, and the two responders on this thread that say they are offended that this truth be spoken (one a grand child of the man) and claim it's disrespectful - in postings that are written so horribly undereducated....

It's more then this man getting killed by a train. It's absolutely tragic on MANY levels obviously within this man's family. WHO behaves like that?? And, even the grandchild can't spell or write at an elementary school level??

And, please, this death is as tragic ON the conductor of that train that now has to live with this experience also, as HE had NO choice .... SMH. UGH.
missy

United States

#18 Aug 4, 2011
RIP
school boy

Knoxville, TN

#19 Aug 4, 2011
reality wrote:
This was an elderly man - a grandfather - that was on the tracks shaking his behind at the train, which such behavior cost him his life, and the two responders on this thread that say they are offended that this truth be spoken (one a grand child of the man) and claim it's disrespectful - in postings that are written so horribly undereducated....
It's more then this man getting killed by a train. It's absolutely tragic on MANY levels obviously within this man's family. WHO behaves like that?? And, even the grandchild can't spell or write at an elementary school level??
And, please, this death is as tragic ON the conductor of that train that now has to live with this experience also, as HE had NO choice .... SMH. UGH.
OMG!! Your saying this to a child, A little boy!!
school boy

Knoxville, TN

#20 Aug 4, 2011
[QUOTE who="o.O"]<quoted text>
Thanks, I'm glad someone else heard it too. I came close to responding to the one going off on me about it, but I bit my tongue out of respect. I heard it from a member of the railroad who was an on the scene investigator and a deputy who was also on the scene. Both said the EXACT same thing.
To the person who has an issue with my previous posts in other threads...if you'd open your eyes for a moment, I generally only respond to idiots reporting snitches, because I hope the dealers and users get busted. Get your facts straight. I don't attack anyone unless they attack me first.
To the grand child of Mr. Pennington, I'm sorry for your loss. In no way did I mean you or your family any disrespect, I simply repeated what wad told to me by people who were on the scene. I tried to word it as softly as I could considering that it was told to me in a very harsh manner.[/QUOTE] Thank you sir for saying that...
another nosey cc

Murfreesboro, TN

#21 Aug 5, 2011
to whoever the hell reality is....bill was a good man and i highly doubt he was shaking his butt at the train!! u say it was traggic for the conductor well maybe thats what he thinks he seen and also no one from the train needs to be speaking of this to anyone..this man had a family and all that needs to be said about him is rest in piece!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is tammy walker (May '09) 1 hr NewToThis 22
Jennifer Marlow Campbell 4 hr grape ape 2
store bought bikers (Apr '10) 7 hr Fuzzy Hole 22
S. Mccullah 7 hr Speak on task 1
Tiffany Taylor 9 hr Just saying 2
Campbell county schools 10 hr Cody 16
Serious question about T.V. 14 hr venting 5

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance