bad accident past big o's

Posted in the La Follette Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
oh so sad

La Follette, TN

#1 Dec 24, 2012
bad accident above big o's. cars on fire. what a sad christmas for some people.
please pray for these people.
notnow

La Follette, TN

#2 Dec 24, 2012
i think people died they had the cars blocked and no ambulances leaving
tom

La Follette, TN

#3 Dec 24, 2012
any body know who or what kind of car or cars involved....sorry to hear that very bad time for that
papaw

United States

#4 Dec 24, 2012
My prayers go out to the family
notnow

La Follette, TN

#6 Dec 24, 2012
tom wrote:
any body know who or what kind of car or cars involved....sorry to hear that very bad time for that
it was a mid 90's dark red olds 88 or buick and looked like a early 90's white chevy 1500

sad day
tom

La Follette, TN

#7 Dec 24, 2012
very sad....
Sad

La Follette, TN

#8 Dec 24, 2012
I heard a 5 year old died in the crash.
notnow

La Follette, TN

#10 Dec 24, 2012
Jenny Johnson

United States

#11 Dec 24, 2012
Wat were the names anyone know
notnow

La Follette, TN

#12 Dec 24, 2012
http://www.wate.com/story/20420438/3-die-in-c...

prayers to all those involved
excuse me

Kingston, TN

#13 Dec 24, 2012
Not a child was killed,,Josh peavley 19 of long holler died along with nate lees grandparents,an adult,teenager an child were transported by ambulance to ut hospital,they say cause of weather is not what caused it,drugs an alcohol testing were ordered
surenuff

La Follette, TN

#14 Dec 24, 2012
gary (hogrod) and brenda mefford were killed.they are really good people.idon't know the peavley,and i don'know who else was in the 2 vehicles.but i ask that everyone pray for all the familys and especially the meffords children and their grandchildren that they loved very much.may God give them peace and help to heal their broken hearts.they were our dear friends who are going to be terribly missed.God has some more angels tonight
Well

Clay City, KY

#15 Dec 24, 2012
Where did the Meffords live? Horrible accident and just 40 miles away on 25E 5 killed in another accident
Grrrr PLEASE

La Follette, TN

#16 Dec 24, 2012
lovely1nkrazyTown wrote:
Hope everyone will be safe. My husbands mom called from Ohio and the Tennessee Family that died on 75 was the children of one of her friends. The parents died and kids are critical. Some guy leaving a party drunk with his own kid in the car did a U banger on interstate striking the Tennessee family, killed himself and child is was I heard on talk radio. Please be responsible, we love our children.
Why do you ALWAYS do this!!! You try to derail this thread (AS USUAL) about an accident that had NOTHING to do with the accident this thread's about. WHY

The accident you're referring too was on 75 .. THIS thread is about the accident near BIG O'S which is NO WHERE NEAR 75.

We pray for the killed and hurt of BOTH accidents, but damn... start a SEPARATE thread about the accident YOU'RE talking about that was on 75 instead of coming on here and interrupting/derailing THIS one about it. Or did you even bother to notice the THREAD TITLE, or COULD you even...(yeah... more then likely COULDN"T.. wonder why - NOT)

For ONCE dammit, DON'T try to make a thread about what YOU have to say about something TOTALLY unrelated to the thread's topic damn it ... Pay attention and have respect for the killed and injured of the accident THIS thread IS about or just stay the hell off it!! Man it's Christmas (yeah you're pagan but does that HAVE to mean you can't RESPECT that it's CHRISTMAS for the people that it's turned nightmare enough pertaining to THIS accident that THIS thread was SPECIFICALLY about???

IOW: How about you gift to everyone concerned that you keep YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION to yourself, plz, TY.
Grrrr PLEASE

La Follette, TN

#17 Dec 24, 2012
Thank you for linking the article to the accident this thread is actually about ... <3
notnow wrote:
http://www.wate.com/story/2042 0438/3-die-in-campbell-county- car-wreck
prayers to all those involved
As follows (copied and pasted from that link):

LAFOLLETTE (WATE)- Three people died in a two-vehicle car wreck on Monday night in Campbell County, according to the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

THP troopers said Joshua Peavley, 19, of LaFollette, was driving his truck southbound on Highway 63 near Angel Lane when he crossed the center line and hit a car driving northbound.

The truck caught on fire, and Peavley was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

In the other vehicle, two people died, and three others were injured.

The car driver, Gary Mefford, 59, of Jacksboro, and the passenger Brenda Mefford, 63, of Jacksboro, both died. They were not wearing their seat belts.

The three family members in the back seat-- an adult, a teenager and a child-- were transported to UT Medical Center.

Weather is not believed to be a factor in the crash.

Tests for drugs and alcohol were ordered as standard procedure.

Our family's heartfelt sympathy and condolences for the Peavley and Mefford families. We dread finding out who may be the teenager that was in the backseat of the Mefford vehicle... my daughter's were already crying their hearts out over hearing this was about Josh as they went to school with him, and were friends at one time although lost touch on social level a couple years ago, and are trying to brace themselves that whomever the teen in the backseat was might would be a friend of theirs also....

So very very sorry for both families and all concerned... and, on Christmas Eve. Especially heartbreaking... so UNECESSARY.. such NEEDLESS harm and fatalities!

I SO pray it isn't discovered drugs/alcohol was involved. PLZ.

RIP Josh, and Mr. & Mrs. Mefford. Prayers for ALL.
tc conley

Tucker, GA

#18 Dec 24, 2012
The kid lived thanks to two brave teens but the driver and passenger passed. Also the driver of the truck passed. The car lost the lives of Philip and Brenda mefford. The child is my niece Allie Conley. Josh ivey a boy in the car with her put himself around her saving her life. He is in bad shape. My prayers go out to his family. That boy is a hero. He saved a 5 yr old girls life by selflessly risking his safety to protect her. If I can assist his family in any way please let me know. Josh is now my hero he is her guardian angel. Thank you
what now

La Follette, TN

#20 Dec 25, 2012
tc conley wrote:
The kid lived thanks to two brave teens but the driver and passenger passed. Also the driver of the truck passed. The car lost the lives of Philip and Brenda mefford. The child is my niece Allie Conley. Josh ivey a boy in the car with her put himself around her saving her life. He is in bad shape. My prayers go out to his family. That boy is a hero. He saved a 5 yr old girls life by selflessly risking his safety to protect her. If I can assist his family in any way please let me know. Josh is now my hero he is her guardian angel. Thank you
Okay... the driver of the truck that had passed is Josh Peavely.

The article says "an adult - a teen - and a child" were in the backseat of the Mefford car.

Okay, so the child is Allie Conley (per you) and she's 5 ... but you say the two in the backseat with her were Josh Ivey (teen - assuming)... but, the other was not an adult as the article says??? Or maybe 'adult' but is 18 or 19 meaning "teen", but of legal (on some levels) adult age?

Or, what...???

A bit confusing.

SO GLAD to hear the little girl was made safe ... PRAYERS for Josh Ivey to recover! What of the other teen (adult?)= Who, and how, is he/her??

I can't sleep. Usually it's like this every Christmas Eve because I feel like a kid excited to see my kids get up excited Christmas morning... not the same case, so much, tonight. I am excited for them, at the same time NOW totally feeling stressed and depressed for these families ... MASSIVE headache and I can't keep from checking on them every hour (weird I know) since having read about this accident on here. My oldest daughter drives and it was exactly why I forbade her to drive today/night. Christmas 'party goers', wet roads, fog..etc. She was a little upset with me for a bit... and I felt bad because of course she wanted to visit friends and share Christmas spirit, but I just couldn't let her go out there. I felt so guilty... maybe TOO overprotective, and stressing about it internally.... and that was just IMAGINING the worst.. the worst that's become all too REAL for the Mefford and Peavley families.

I have a sick headache.

Signing off to go into her room and crawl into bed with her which I haven't done in like 10 yrs.

Omg... RIP Josh P., and the Mefford couple. Prayers for Josh I., whomever else the other teen/adult is, and their families, and for the little girl that no doubt is alive but traumatized by this, and her family.

G'nite.
papaw

United States

#21 Dec 25, 2012
tc conley wrote:
I hope Allie will be OK tc my prayers go out to the families 141
michelle

Knoxville, TN

#22 Dec 25, 2012
What is it about Hwy 63? Seems so many head on crashes and its rather straight and flat compared to most other roads.
Jean

Georgetown, OH

#24 Dec 25, 2012
I have said that for 20 years, never seen a highway so prone to head-on crashes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 27 min Trevor 1
Is Thermidor/bsh hiring? 3 hr Pussyfoot 1
Cougars 4 hr Pacaso 24
Who's got Longest Meat Curtains in Town? 6 hr Billy 1
School board and homecoming 6 hr SOS 1
Does anyone ever hang out with that jennifer ji... 6 hr Davi095 1
angie and angela from deroyal 6 hr April Runyon 6

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance