Yes and it sucks!
Bad news

La Follette, TN

#3 Feb 14, 2013
But mine wasn't land taxes just IRS
The facts

Caryville, TN

#4 Feb 14, 2013
Property taxes and IRS liens have nothing to do with each other. Property sold for property taxes is handled by the county after a very lengthy process that takes years of delinquency and notices. IRS liens are for unpaid personal, business taxes etc.
Facts

La Follette, TN

#5 Feb 14, 2013
I can tell you this IRS over rides local taxes if they have a lien on you they get there's before local or state can get a penny. Been there done that.
The facts

Caryville, TN

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Type of Lien: Valid For:

Federal Judgment Lien 20 years
Federal Tax Lien 10 years
State Tax Lien 10 years
Judgment Lien 10 years
Material Man's Lien 1 year unless lawsuit filed
UCC 10 years

property taxes are a whole different animal.
courious

Shelby, NC

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Facts wrote:
I can tell you this IRS over rides local taxes if they have a lien on you they get there's before local or state can get a penny. Been there done that.
Thanks for all replies. My land was sold with a 14 thourand dollar irs tax lein . I have tlkd with tax lawyer and
he wantr to knw how bill archerdone it but further more the irs will want to know. If the office is doing this than i would like to get other people who this has happend to and lets talk to a lawyer or get ride of the officals who is over this
The facts

Caryville, TN

#8 Feb 14, 2013
BILL ARCHER is an officer of the court. He cannot sell anything without a court order or legislation. When properties are sold for delinquent property taxes there is a lengthy process including notifying people with an interest in the property either by ownership or by encumbrance (mortgages, judgments, etc) several times by mail and then notifications in the paper AS WELL AS court orders authorizing the sale. IRS judgments are a different type of situation. If property is to be sold for that I don't believe the Clerk and Master's office would have anything to do with that unless by court order. I would ask for any documents concerning the case. Good Luck.
wondering

La Follette, TN

#9 Feb 14, 2013
Are you saying that you had both a county and IRS lein and the county auctioned it off.
courious

Shelby, NC

#10 Feb 14, 2013
The facts wrote:
BILL ARCHER is an officer of the court. He cannot sell anything without a court order or legislation. When properties are sold for delinquent property taxes there is a lengthy process including notifying people with an interest in the property either by ownership or by encumbrance (mortgages, judgments, etc) several times by mail and then notifications in the paper AS WELL AS court orders authorizing the sale. IRS judgments are a different type of situation. If property is to be sold for that I don't believe the Clerk and Master's office would have anything to do with that unless by court order. I would ask for any documents concerning the case. Good Luck.
but its not clerk and master office. I have lost my land this i know. But there is fourteen thourand doller lein still attachd to this i do knw. Ive lost my land the man who bought it now has a problem or am i thinkng wrong
The facts

Caryville, TN

#11 Feb 14, 2013
If it was sold it either had to be thru a court case, like delinquent property taxes, judgments for wrongdoing like accidents etc OR foreclosed upon. TN is not a judicial foreclosure state. By that I mean a bank or mortgage company doesn't have to get a court order to sell your property. They have to attempt to notify you as well as put notices in the paper. After due time to notify, the bank sells the property at public auction on the courthouse steps. BUT in that case there would have to be a deed recorded in the register's office. How do you know the property was sold? Have you seen a court document or deed that has been recorded?
facts are facts

Lexington, SC

#12 Feb 14, 2013
Sounds like your saying it was sold for taxes but there is an IRS lien. If that's the case. The IRS losses the money. A tax sale voids all liens. They would have to have been notified.
wondering

La Follette, TN

#13 Feb 14, 2013
courious wrote:
<quoted text> but its not clerk and master office. I have lost my land this i know. But there is fourteen thourand doller lein still attachd to this i do knw. Ive lost my land the man who bought it now has a problem or am i thinkng wrong

Bill Archer is the clerk and master of the chancery court and they handle these types of situations. But he couldnt sell it without a court order. Was this property in your name?
courious

Shelby, NC

#14 Feb 14, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Archer is the clerk and master of the chancery court and they handle these types of situations. But he couldnt sell it without a court order. Was this property in your name?
Yea. And irs still has a lein against it. So the way it seems the guy who bought it waitd two years to register it owns property that cant be sold until the lein is took care of or irs sales it
wondering

La Follette, TN

#15 Feb 14, 2013
If he waited 2 years to register it,the property tax would still come in your name. But if you buy property at auction i would think they would prepare a warranty deed and register it for him. If you sold it to him and he didnt get a title search by a lawyer then he may be stuck with the lein.
courious

Shelby, NC

#16 Feb 15, 2013
wondering wrote:
If he waited 2 years to register it,the property tax would still come in your name. But if you buy property at auction i would think they would prepare a warranty deed and register it for him. If you sold it to him and he didnt get a title search by a lawyer then he may be stuck with the lein.
yes they did issue him a deed with a lein for 05 and 06 tax years i have a letter from irs jan 2013 with new intrest applied and the delquency with lein attchd to land and the years against it.
courious

Shelby, NC

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Well thanks for your thoughts about this . When it comes to an end although since i haue lost my land anyway i dnt feel like hurryng up and straitng it up now we have finally gotn financialy able not great but could. So he cant sell it although i was told they couldnt sell it until i straitnd this out. So maybe irs doesnt matter in campbell co
Hello

La Follette, TN

#18 Feb 15, 2013
IRS you can count on would do something about it lol there gonna get every penny owed them one way or another. It has to be something that sliped thru the cracks. Trust me IRS could give a rats ass about cc lol
courious

Shelby, NC

#19 Feb 15, 2013
Hello wrote:
IRS you can count on would do something about it lol there gonna get every penny owed them one way or another. It has to be something that sliped thru the cracks. Trust me IRS could give a rats ass about cc lol
If only It has slippd threw the cracks. I two could give a rats ass about cc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anybody know Boone Carroll the Child Molestor 51 min Valley Man 3
The LaFollette Press's war on Cougar Football 2 hr Savin 10
Hooker granny 3 hr Amanda 5
Thieves of Campbell county 3 hr Fred 27
Probation. 4 hr Fred 2
Names, of all snitches 4 hr Fred 29
Ancient Zombie Hookers Roam the Streets of Lafo... 9 hr Fred 4

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance