Pam Jarrett Resigns
officer on her side

Sevierville, TN

#24 Jun 3, 2012
a cop wrote that, "unbelievable" Set the story strait she ran over a man hole, got stuck and had other officer and firefighter help back her off it , all this happened backed in Feb and within a few minutes, if you want to hear THE TRUE STORY just ask Her. As far a drug test come on people Pam is not a drug addict. You want to dig find out real stuff happening down there. Stop making her look like a criminal,that shes not.
LEO

Dallas, TX

#25 Jun 3, 2012
I don't know if this officer got in a wreck and tried to cover it up. However, IF she did, that is grounds for dismissal. One of the first things they tell you when you become an officer is IF YOU SCREW UP DO NOT LIE ABOUT IT BY COVERING IT UP. Just own up to it & take your medicine. Again, I wasn't there and don't know if that even happened. But for her to resign, it sure sounds like she did SOMETHING
LEO

Dallas, TX

#26 Jun 3, 2012
Just Wrong wrote:
It was always my thought that Law Enforcement Agencies were established to Protect and Serve. Within these agencies a team is formed to protect our streets from crime and danger so that communities can positively flourish. The key word in that statement was team(a unit that works together to become a force to overcome virtues that are otherwise not obtainable).
From viewing recent developments that have taken place within the Lafollette Police Department it seems that a team effort is far from taking place. It seems that there is currently a Chief that is in fear the he could be overtaken by others that could actually help the department to prosper and grow in a way that helps the community. This fear could possibly be leading him to run the department in fear so that he remains in power and to retain the position that he is currently in. The reason this opinion is being formed is because of an earlier post that took place by “Wondering” that offered the names a previous officers named Bill Owens, Jason Marlow, Jeff Allen, and now my sister Pam Jarrett which could have offered Lafollette the leadership that it is truly owed. I am not saying that my sister wanted to be Chief, due to her love for working and the supporting the streets of Lafollette, but there are others that may have.
I have had long conversations with my sister over the past year since the passing of her husband and my good friend Larry about many difficulties that she has faced within the department. Some statements were made to her early on that “She just needed to get over it” and so on. I am not going to go into details, but the current chief has had a disliking for Pam since he was sergeant, but Pam just kept doing her job because of her love for the community. There were many times where my brother and I tried to get her leave Tennessee to be closer to us, but she refused because of her love for Lafollette and felt that she needed to continue to serve even with the hard actions taken against her.“By the way the current Chief, James Jeffries did not even pay last respects to my late brother-in-law, firefighter, and fellow civil servant Larry by attending his funeral.”
There is a long list of achievements that appreciation that has come in the way of the above mentioned Law Enforcement Officers all the way from a local to a federal standpoint. These should be recognized as people have worked hard to receive such items. I know that my sister loves law enforcement and loves her community. She does not do it for the money or the awards that can received, she does this to help provide a better community for us to live in and for the children that will one day take care of us.
On another note there are many federal laws that help to protect people against actions such as forced resignations. The EEOC a federal organization has put into place a policy that any forced resignation can be rescinded within 90 days of the resignation. This leaves a window opportunity for the affected party to think about what is going on to pursue further action. With that in place investigations could be launched to look further into the details as to how things are being run on present and past employment. Also, many of the munitions that are deployed to many small authorities such as the Lafollette PD are on loan from the U.S. Army another federally funded part of the organization. With this mentioned there are possibly other Federal guidelines that must also be followed.
In my opinion the current chief needs to rethink the way things are being done and quit thinking about himself so that the community can prosper or he should be taken out of power so that someone else can take the city where it needs to go. The community as a whole is the one be affected at this point.
Everyone that agrees please stand up and do the right thing. This could make National Headlines.
Question: Did your sister damage government property and not report it?
smh

Nashville, TN

#27 Jun 3, 2012
IF that happened, considering the possibility of corruption that this county, and city, is so riddled with, it could be that this cruiser incident occurred, she reported it
HOWEVER Jeffries DENIES she reported it as an easy 'means to an end'.

Knowing this place... it wouldn't surprise me in the least. If this is what is/has happened, she needs to get over 'love of community' that blatantly couldn't care less about HER and her stellar record of serving and move on. It's the community she works to protect out of love that VOTES and manipulates into putting into these positions of 'power'.

A HARD lesson learned. Should have learned with Jeffries actions that speak louder then words with his complete disrespect of her husband's passing, and of HER through all of that.

She needs to decide if what's more important to her is to continue to be a stellar police officer with integrity that couldn't care less about her, or sell it out to martyring.

IMO, she should just walk away. Take the resignation as a blessing NOT so in disguise and get the hell out of here and continue what she does best - law enforcement - just somewhere else FAR from here where she will be respected, paid what she is worth, AS SHE HAS EARNED AND DESERVES.

Let the dept implode on itself. CC puts these losers in place that will forever be as disgusting corrupt, ignorant, and NASTY as they are. She's sacrificed enough. She needs to move on to somewhere where she and her service will be appreciated by her dept. AND the community.

Good luck to her.
noooooo

United States

#28 Jun 3, 2012
LEO wrote:
<quoted text>Question: Did your sister damage government property and not report it?
she hit a man hole....wow would u think that was a big deal bell it happens all the time...have u ever seen the way the city cops drive that is when there not parked on back street tring to get with some girl who happened to be walking by....they are all ajoke an I hope they all go down
smh

Nashville, TN

#29 Jun 3, 2012
She needs to decide if what's more important to her is to continue to be a stellar police officer with integrity that serves a sniveling weak corrupt dept chief that couldn't care less about her, or sell it out to martyring for a community that PUT the sniveling insecure weak chief in there to begin with.

Add: Exactly as actions speak louder then words when it comes to Jefferies, the same applies to the citizens she so loves to serve's actions by putting Jefferies into the position to ABUSE his position where SHE is concerned, speaks louder then their cheap words of appreciating her.

Officer Jarrett, if you're reading this: Start a new life and way brighter new beginnings continuing your career elsewhere FAR from here. You can do it. You DESERVE to receive what you have earned. That will NOT happen here. I sincerely wish you well.
she is hott

Kingston, TN

#30 Jun 3, 2012
partin wrote:
Maybe she will crawl in the bed with the rest at the county including the office workers suck ups! Boy do they have a suprize coming! All will be in the unemployment line.
when she has that hair down and those baggy jeans on she's hott
this stops now

United States

#31 Jun 3, 2012
This is making it worse for her an her kids. The best thing to do is report an block all from saying anything else if you all care then don't post at all she needs a job an this isn't helping.
yeah ok

United States

#32 Jun 3, 2012
She wasn't "forced" to resign. I think the Chief of Police "allowing" her to resign was nice of him. From what I have been told she has received numerous written reprimands, suspended, transferred to third shift, and put on probation all in less than a year for violations she has committed. Then after all of that, she wrecks a Government vehicle causing thousands of dollars in damage and then attempted to hide it. Allowing her to resign possibly kept this out of her personnel file in which will probably allow her to gain another job in Law Enforcement. Otherwise she could have possibly been fired and then would have all this negative paperwork in her P.O.S.T. file at the state. Think anyone would want to hire her after that? Don't think so!
As for Bill Owens, he wasn't forced either! He was caught gambling on duty on several occasions and warned. But he continued to do it. Then he was caught sitting at his girlfriends house for hours at a time while on duty failing to do his job as a supervisor. He also chose to resign to keep this out.of his personnel file at the state.
Jason Marlow was being investigated after some pain pills went missing on a call. Three officers were involved and two gave their statements and agreed to polygraph. When Marlow was confronted with the same he gave a statement and resigned on the spot. Now the TBI is conducting the investigation.
Jeff Allen resigned after the new Chief took over due to past history of not getting along between the two. That and on top of him being offered a job at the county.
LEO

Dallas, TX

#33 Jun 3, 2012
noooooo wrote:
<quoted text>she hit a man hole....wow would u think that was a big deal bell it happens all the time...have u ever seen the way the city cops drive that is when there not parked on back street tring to get with some girl who happened to be walking by....they are all ajoke an I hope they all go down
So that would be a yes.
so true

Charlotte, NC

#34 Jun 3, 2012
Well said!! So now do u all still think she should be a cop?! I think not!! So maybe after the last 2 comments she will leave well enough long and move on with her happy life. She's getting off easy people. If that had been anyone else they would've been fired. The cheif had already talked to the counsil and they where going vote to fire her the next meeting. So u all need to realize she's LUCKY!! Oh and one more thing if jimmy had it in for her then why was she promoted to senior patrol officer? If I didn't like someone I sure wouldn't give them a promotion. And he had also gave her a detective good....yep she fudged that up too. I hope she keeps on with this and maybe jimmy will bring her personal file to the next meeting so he can let the public know the real story!! So maybe u all y'all should think before coming to a meeting and could end up nasty....especially if her personal file get brought to the table. Just saying!!
Need to do job

Nashville, TN

#35 Jun 3, 2012
yeah ok wrote:
She wasn't "forced" to resign. I think the Chief of Police "allowing" her to resign was nice of him. From what I have been told she has received numerous written reprimands, suspended, transferred to third shift, and put on probation all in less than a year for violations she has committed. Then after all of that, she wrecks a Government vehicle causing thousands of dollars in damage and then attempted to hide it. Allowing her to resign possibly kept this out of her personnel file in which will probably allow her to gain another job in Law Enforcement. Otherwise she could have possibly been fired and then would have all this negative paperwork in her P.O.S.T. file at the state. Think anyone would want to hire her after that? Don't think so!
As for Bill Owens, he wasn't forced either! He was caught gambling on duty on several occasions and warned. But he continued to do it. Then he was caught sitting at his girlfriends house for hours at a time while on duty failing to do his job as a supervisor. He also chose to resign to keep this out.of his personnel file at the state.
Jason Marlow was being investigated after some pain pills went missing on a call. Three officers were involved and two gave their statements and agreed to polygraph. When Marlow was confronted with the same he gave a statement and resigned on the spot. Now the TBI is conducting the investigation.
Jeff Allen resigned after the new Chief took over due to past history of not getting along between the two. That and on top of him being offered a job at the county.
Wasn't Jeff Allen let go from the CCSO? Here is my complaint about cops. County cops can be seen sitting and talking ( I timed two cars of them one day ) sit 1 hr. 20 min. just talking to each other. Cars running wasting gasoline which taxpayers pay for, This should be stopped by our sheriff. You can see them out there all the time doing this. But of course they could say they were Code Victor. Yea right. Oh yes and how about you cops that call dispatch and tell them you are one location and in reality you are at another location. You think some people don't know this. Robbie needs to keep better check on some of you better. Not all cops just a few.
officer on her side

Cosby, TN

#36 Jun 3, 2012
so true wrote:
Well said!! So now do u all still think she should be a cop?! I think not!! So maybe after the last 2 comments she will leave well enough long and move on with her happy life. She's getting off easy people. If that had been anyone else they would've been fired. The cheif had already talked to the counsil and they where going vote to fire her the next meeting. So u all need to realize she's LUCKY!! Oh and one more thing if jimmy had it in for her then why was she promoted to senior patrol officer? If I didn't like someone I sure wouldn't give them a promotion. And he had also gave her a detective good....yep she fudged that up too. I hope she keeps on with this and maybe jimmy will bring her personal file to the next meeting so he can let the public know the real story!! So maybe u all y'all should think before coming to a meeting and could end up nasty....especially if her personal file get brought to the table. Just saying!!
JUST SAYING......i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT IS IN THAT FILE. yOU JUST OPENED A DOOR THAT MIGHT JUST HIT YOU IN THE ASS ...yOU CAN SEE WERE THIS POST COMES FROM AN I BET IT CAME FROM THE CHEIFS DOOR ....tHANKS FOR PUTTING THIS OUT THERE IT WILL HELP IM SURE IN HER BEHALF .......nOW ITS GOING TO GET DIRTY BECAUSE THIS HAS BECOME PERSONAL AN NOT JUST A TOPIC SO HOLD ON TIGHT AN GET READY FOR YOUR RIDE....oNLY SOMEONE ON THE INSIDE WOULD KNOW THIS INFO SO YOU JUST SHOWED THE CITY AS WELL AS THE COUNTY HOW DIRTY THEY ARE
pink

United States

#37 Jun 3, 2012
Pam your the best lafollette has ever seen
wow

United States

#38 Jun 3, 2012
Pam was a wonderfull.cop!!! So the people saying bad stuff probley got aressed buy her and by.way r new chieif sucks i have meth housr rite next door i.have talk him personally.abt nothing happened
so true

Charlotte, NC

#39 Jun 3, 2012
officer on her side wrote:
<quoted text>JUST iSAYING......i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT IS IN THAT FILE. yOU JUST OPENED A DOOR THAT MIGHT JUST HIT YOU IN THE ASS ...yOU CAN SEE WERE THIS POST COMES FROM AN I BET IT CAME FROM THE CHEIFS DOOR ....tHANKS FOR PUTTING THIS OUT THERE IT WILL HELP IM SURE IN HER BEHALF .......nOW ITS GOING TO GET DIRTY BECAUSE THIS HAS BECOME PERSONAL AN NOT JUST A TOPIC SO HOLD ON TIGHT AN GET READY FOR YOUR RIDE....oNLY SOMEONE ON THE INSIDE WOULD KNOW THIS INFO SO YOU JUST SHOWED THE CITY AS WELL AS THE COUNTY HOW DIRTY THEY ARE
Bahahaha so dang funny! I never said what was in her file. The post above said she had numerous write ups, ect. so I would think that would have to be put in her personal file. Personally I think all employees for lpd and the sheriffs dept should be made public! So bring it on baby!!!

Since: May 12

United States

#40 Jun 3, 2012
o im sure ive seen him with a bade and gun and i kno him . plus i kno preston primm and he says yes so i think ur mistaken
MISS TORI LAYNE

United States

#41 Jun 3, 2012
unbelievable wrote:
Wow!! I cant believe after everything thats happened, she would even think about a law suit. Shes very lucky she didnt land in jail for leaving scene of accident. I guess wrecking a police cruiser and trying to cover it up for 3 mts wasnt nothing to worry about. Yeah the 3,000 dollar bill went to the tax payers. While shes worked for LPD shes has had numerous write-ups, wrecked her police cruiser and LIED about it. I thought leaving scene of accident u could be charged and maybe put behind bars. Quick question?? would u rather be giving the chance to resign or be fired by the city council?! If that where me i would be counting my blessing. and be very thankful i had the chance to resign and not fired!! Im sure the chief had ever right to fire her!! Another thing she never had to take a drug test after wrecking....u know why?! Because she didnt tell anyone for 3 mts. haha Maybe thats why she dint tell anyone about the wreck...she didnt want to take a drug test!! I thought after any accident it was mandatory to be sent for a drug test?! Kinda crazy you all are saying Jimmy didnt like her. Well my opinion if he didnt like her then why in the H*ll would he promote her to senior patrol officer. Learn the true story!!
for one you clearly don't know Pam like everyone else does..the TRUE story is that she is a GREAT person.idk what made her want to resign but i'm sure it wasnt what you said it was over..Why dont you grow up a little and stop runnin a WELL respected cops name in the ground?? yeah good question huh??
to hotmama

Nashville, TN

#42 Jun 3, 2012
What are you talking about? You lost me at the drugstore.LOL Explain thyself.
whoa lol

Nashville, TN

#43 Jun 3, 2012
^^^^ you that meth neighbor "wow" talkin' about? Sure read like you are damn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pizza hut (Mar '13) 2 hr Rodd 10
Kevin and Erica 5 hr Rip 5
Britnay Hurst 7 hr Your mama 4
Nudes of Women 7 hr Your mama 1
Who is this Angie justice 8 hr Lawnmower man 4
What Happened? 15 hr justice 5
jobs Fri .. 5

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance