Pam Jarrett Resigns
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Pam Supporter

United States

#1 Jun 2, 2012
Why did the current LaFollette Police Department Chief of police force Officer Jarrett to resign. She has done a good job for the police department and was one of the best officers employed there.
Wondering 3

Nashville, TN

#2 Jun 2, 2012
Maybe she will go to work for the County. Lots of luck to her.
City lost a great officer

Sevierville, TN

#3 Jun 2, 2012
She is a great cop an this really sucks i hope the county takes her .......If not bigger an better things will happen for her ....THIS IS NOT THE END OF PAM JARRETT this is just the start.......
Wondering 3

Nashville, TN

#4 Jun 2, 2012
Yes in my opinion she is a great cop.
Wondering

United States

#5 Jun 2, 2012
Just wondering why so many officers has resigned sense the present chief has taken over. To name a few, Bill Owens, Jason Marlow, Jeff Allen, and now Pam Jarrett. It makes you wonder.

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jun 2, 2012
There is no comparing her to them, but it is crazy that they all have had to resign.......Pam is far from a bad person she has more respect in this town than any officer of the city an that it self is a threat to the CHIEF an im assuming that is why he is weeding out all the good ones so him his self can look better.....If i was pam i would fight this to the end an not give up .....I do not know her except for seeing an speaking with her at ball games but i know she is a damn good person an my kids love her as well as they loved her husband an she deserves better that what that place has put her through .....I SAY SUE THE SHIT OUT OF THEM AN WE WILL ALL BE THERE TO BACK YOU UP PAM JARRETT
Concerned

United States

#7 Jun 2, 2012
City lost a great officer wrote:
There is no comparing her to them, but it is crazy that they all have had to resign.......Pam is far from a bad person she has more respect in this town than any officer of the city an that it self is a threat to the CHIEF an im assuming that is why he is weeding out all the good ones so him his self can look better.....If i was pam i would fight this to the end an not give up .....I do not know her except for seeing an speaking with her at ball games but i know she is a damn good person an my kids love her as well as they loved her husband an she deserves better that what that place has put her through .....I SAY SUE THE SHIT OUT OF THEM AN WE WILL ALL BE THERE TO BACK YOU UP PAM JARRETT
I agree, good post
Hostile Work Environment

United States

#8 Jun 2, 2012
Lets all say it together... Hostile Work Environment.. who will be first to Sue

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jun 2, 2012
Who had the balls to disagree with me SAY YOUR NAME OR BACK OFF :) LETS SEE IF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH IF NOT STAY off topix ....an why do you disagree wITH your big xxxxxxxx"SSSSS
Same Poster

United States

#13 Jun 2, 2012
Looks like john, happy jack, and partin all from Pawleys Island, SC are one in the same. I am sure it is someone Pam has arrested.
Manure

Antioch, TN

#14 Jun 2, 2012
Says the clown with the same United States designation on each post. Hypocrite.
john doe

United States

#15 Jun 2, 2012
john wrote:
Well pam jarett speaks for herself! She screwd up just like the rest.........Jimmy had her by the balls as they say
sounds Like to me u are one of his ball suckers an thanks its nice to know he had her by the balls so which ass kisser are you .....
yeah

United States

#16 Jun 2, 2012
Nothing to fight! She resigned! If she felt like she hadn't done anything wrong then she could've fought it but she didn't apparently.

She can sue if she wants but if she wants back in Law Enforcement she might not want too. Its hard for anyone to get a job after they've filed suit against a former employer especially in Law Enforcement. Employers see hiring someone who's filed suit as a possible liability.
Just Saying

United States

#17 Jun 2, 2012
YA YOUR RIGHT IT IS A LIABILITY.....But it needs to happen one way or the other because it is sad that they can take away every thing from someone just because.....An yes there is something to fight for an that is her self an her family.....I would risk it all to prove that they are dirty an iin the wrong HELL like they are going to help her get a job somewere else any way ...haha joke

Since: May 12

United States

#18 Jun 2, 2012
pam jarrett was a god cop but ill just say this it doesnt take much to grt on at county josh mongay(one of hem who went to prisn with all the oter det is now a detective hiself and carries a weapon. i thought if u had a felony...no permit to carry. they are all dirty crooked snakes unless u got money or kno some1 hi up!!!!!!!!!!
Same Poster

United States

#19 Jun 2, 2012
1_HOTMAMA wrote:
pam jarrett was a god cop but ill just say this it doesnt take much to grt on at county josh mongay(one of hem who went to prisn with all the oter det is now a detective hiself and carries a weapon. i thought if u had a felony...no permit to carry. they are all dirty crooked snakes unless u got money or kno some1 hi up!!!!!!!!!!
Are you sure that Monday is a detective with the county. I believe you are mistaken.
unbelievable

Springfield, TN

#20 Jun 3, 2012
Wow!! I cant believe after everything thats happened, she would even think about a law suit. Shes very lucky she didnt land in jail for leaving scene of accident. I guess wrecking a police cruiser and trying to cover it up for 3 mts wasnt nothing to worry about. Yeah the 3,000 dollar bill went to the tax payers. While shes worked for LPD shes has had numerous write-ups, wrecked her police cruiser and LIED about it. I thought leaving scene of accident u could be charged and maybe put behind bars. Quick question?? would u rather be giving the chance to resign or be fired by the city council?! If that where me i would be counting my blessing. and be very thankful i had the chance to resign and not fired!! Im sure the chief had ever right to fire her!! Another thing she never had to take a drug test after wrecking....u know why?! Because she didnt tell anyone for 3 mts. haha Maybe thats why she dint tell anyone about the wreck...she didnt want to take a drug test!! I thought after any accident it was mandatory to be sent for a drug test?! Kinda crazy you all are saying Jimmy didnt like her. Well my opinion if he didnt like her then why in the H*ll would he promote her to senior patrol officer. Learn the true story!!
Just Wrong

United States

#21 Jun 3, 2012
partin wrote:
Maybe she will crawl in the bed with the rest at the county including the office workers suck ups! Boy do they have a suprize coming! All will be in the unemployment line.
Maybe this is why she was forced to resign, because she would not suck up. She is a great person and stands her ground while serving the city of La Follette. Pay attention before you speak.
is it true

United States

#22 Jun 3, 2012
I think pam was done dirty,,but then agian it is lafollette.lawsuit that wouldnt be the best thing to do its hard to beat them and win they have unlimited funds,,tax payer money.As for jimmy i think he is just plain lucky to be the cheif.is he qualified i wouldnt think so, but then agian he does have some counsil members to tell him how to do the job.i think the department needs to be investigated by a higher power say the TBI or FBI.. Pam has had alot todeal with the last year.to lose her job that she put so much into..its just a shamm,,shamm on you Jimmy..
Just Wrong

United States

#23 Jun 3, 2012
It was always my thought that Law Enforcement Agencies were established to Protect and Serve. Within these agencies a team is formed to protect our streets from crime and danger so that communities can positively flourish. The key word in that statement was team(a unit that works together to become a force to overcome virtues that are otherwise not obtainable).

From viewing recent developments that have taken place within the Lafollette Police Department it seems that a team effort is far from taking place. It seems that there is currently a Chief that is in fear the he could be overtaken by others that could actually help the department to prosper and grow in a way that helps the community. This fear could possibly be leading him to run the department in fear so that he remains in power and to retain the position that he is currently in. The reason this opinion is being formed is because of an earlier post that took place by “Wondering” that offered the names a previous officers named Bill Owens, Jason Marlow, Jeff Allen, and now my sister Pam Jarrett which could have offered Lafollette the leadership that it is truly owed. I am not saying that my sister wanted to be Chief, due to her love for working and the supporting the streets of Lafollette, but there are others that may have.

I have had long conversations with my sister over the past year since the passing of her husband and my good friend Larry about many difficulties that she has faced within the department. Some statements were made to her early on that “She just needed to get over it” and so on. I am not going to go into details, but the current chief has had a disliking for Pam since he was sergeant, but Pam just kept doing her job because of her love for the community. There were many times where my brother and I tried to get her leave Tennessee to be closer to us, but she refused because of her love for Lafollette and felt that she needed to continue to serve even with the hard actions taken against her.“By the way the current Chief, James Jeffries did not even pay last respects to my late brother-in-law, firefighter, and fellow civil servant Larry by attending his funeral.”

There is a long list of achievements that appreciation that has come in the way of the above mentioned Law Enforcement Officers all the way from a local to a federal standpoint. These should be recognized as people have worked hard to receive such items. I know that my sister loves law enforcement and loves her community. She does not do it for the money or the awards that can received, she does this to help provide a better community for us to live in and for the children that will one day take care of us.

On another note there are many federal laws that help to protect people against actions such as forced resignations. The EEOC a federal organization has put into place a policy that any forced resignation can be rescinded within 90 days of the resignation. This leaves a window opportunity for the affected party to think about what is going on to pursue further action. With that in place investigations could be launched to look further into the details as to how things are being run on present and past employment. Also, many of the munitions that are deployed to many small authorities such as the Lafollette PD are on loan from the U.S. Army another federally funded part of the organization. With this mentioned there are possibly other Federal guidelines that must also be followed.

In my opinion the current chief needs to rethink the way things are being done and quit thinking about himself so that the community can prosper or he should be taken out of power so that someone else can take the city where it needs to go. The community as a whole is the one be affected at this point.

Everyone that agrees please stand up and do the right thing. This could make National Headlines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot cops 3 hr Tim mcagree 18
Good juvenile lawyer 11 hr Concerned Mother 1
Cougars 12 hr Bopper 66
Misconduct by Two LaFollette Police Officers (Apr '12) 15 hr LOL 52
Brit Hurst 16 hr Dez 2
Mark Brantley 16 hr Mary 1
Welfare nastiness 17 hr Joe 1

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance