didici

Nashville, TN

#21 Apr 4, 2011
dont ever trash him, no noe is perfect in life, we are not ever any short of his mistakes. he has a good family and he is doing alot more than anyone else thats out there trashin him
Mike Welch

Houghton, MI

#22 Aug 8, 2011
I see that none of you idiots that talk trash have the balls to post your real name. Well here's the real scoop Darick is stone cold sober, just celebrated his 1 year anniversary clean, has a good job, and a beautiful girlfriend in Austin, TX.

He's been my best friend for over 20 years and as I type this, he's sitting on my couch in MN visiting me and my family. He looks better than ever and he's a peaceful man. No drugs, no anger. He wishes you all the best, especially those talking trash he said he'll pray for you.
GAHHH

Lenoir City, TN

#23 Aug 8, 2011
Mike Welch wrote:
I see that none of you idiots that talk trash have the balls to post your real name. Well here's the real scoop Darick is stone cold sober, just celebrated his 1 year anniversary clean, has a good job, and a beautiful girlfriend in Austin, TX.
He's been my best friend for over 20 years and as I type this, he's sitting on my couch in MN visiting me and my family. He looks better than ever and he's a peaceful man. No drugs, no anger. He wishes you all the best, especially those talking trash he said he'll pray for you.
That was very uplifting to hear. Tell Darick there are some of us that are really pulling for him and wish him the absolute best in his recovery process.. He is an inspiration to me! Tell him its the guy he almost got into a fight with in eagle mart parking lot one night over Travis Shelton while he was dating Jill.. He should remember. Anyway, best of luck to you man and thank for you being an inspiration to me.
Best to you DB

Murfreesboro, TN

#24 Aug 8, 2011
Great to hear an update like this from one recovering addict to another. I know I don't have to tell you this but stay as far away from this town as possible. Lots of peace and love to you.....
Jeremy

Des Moines, IA

#25 Aug 24, 2011
Darick is doing great and clean I know he is working for me as crew leader! Amazing job you have done for me and my company. Thanks hill billy
huey

United States

#26 Aug 25, 2011
hey mike good to hear he is doing great tell him good luck from me its leach hope your good as well
MW from Monroe Area MI

Clinton, MI

#27 Sep 4, 2011
I have read these posts after watching the Darick episode on On Demand...9/2011. It struck my attention because of having friends from Lafollette, TN. I have to agree with some of you... To those of you whom are speaking ill of this man & making dumb remarks; YOU sound ignorant. MOST of you can't spell (or maybe you just speak in an ignorant fashion). I agree with all whom are in support of this man. If he did leave the rehab; give him credit for going in the first place and for the days he does have clean. If he went once; there is a part of him that truly does want it. It doesn't come easy and this I personally know. It may not happen the first or second or even third time he attempts treatment but I saw how he respected and spoke of his family and a man like that AND a man who's biggest dream is to be a good husband and father... Are you serious??? He wants the good in life and tho I do not know him... If he is clean... I guess I wish I did because seems like a pretty good catch if you ask me. Coming from a relationship where my ex cheated and stole and conned my entire life away before divorcing me.... Darick seems to be a good man. I hope he is clean. For himself, his family, and the lucky woman that will enjoy a clean life with him. I am going to pray for he and his entire family. I wish you all the very best.
Lady Vol Lady

United States

#28 Oct 19, 2011
ALL of u IDIOTS trashing this man for just being smarter then u are just plain old EVIL!!!! To "tn girl" & "taylor" u ladies are to be praised for supporting him even if h nevers sees this!!!! We ALL have lost loved 1's to this crap and LaFollette & the entire Campbell County has lost children, mothers, fathers, etc yet you ppl are supid enough 2 keep downing him for just being bigger then destructive behaviors!!!! GO PRAY & TAKE CARE OF THOSE WHO LOVE YOU & FOR GOD'S SAKE GET A GRIP!!
Iam10Eight

League City, TX

#29 Oct 19, 2011
I just viewed Darick's episode on Intervention. I hope this post finds you well and still on the right path. Good luck to you. You and your family are in my prayers. I am a police officer and see what the drugs do to people, family and lives everyday. Your story touched me and wish you the best. My best to you from Galveston County !!!
Brandy Martinez

Oxford, MI

#30 Oct 29, 2011
Darick,
Your story gives me hope. I have faith that addicts can change who they are and who they become and I didn't have that before (faith, that is). Thank you for allowing everyone to see behind the curtain. I know that chances are you will not read this, however, I will place this here for you to find should you ever stumble upon this page. I do not know you but I am proud off you for each day that you face your addiction and choose sobriety. My brother is an addict. He prefers Crystal Meth. He has faced several health issues related to his addiction on his own and without treatment. He has described symptoms that are related to heart attacks and strokes but refuses to seek medical attention because in doing so he would be admitting that he has a problem. I'm just learning that an addict will never find fault in using or place the blame on the drug even if it almost kills them. I had nearly given up hope until I watched your story. I know that if he really really wants it, he can turn himself around. Thank you! I hope to see a positive follow up in the near future.
Erika Cole

Murray, KY

#31 May 15, 2012
I just watched Daricks episode of intervention and was just trying to find an update on how he was doing. I am an RN at a rehab facility in Newburgh , IN. Darick would be a great inspiration to other addicts! I see good people fighting for their lives everyday and I was happy to hear this guy is doing so well! I hope you have found someone to build that family you deserve with! God Bless
Tammy Brown

Erin, TN

#32 Jul 4, 2012
Im pulling for you. I'm a nurse that got addicted and I've been clean for 7 years. I know you can do this. Something about your story really got to my heart. God Bless:)
Hometown Brother

United States

#33 Jul 4, 2012
I don't know you. But God bless you Darick buddy! You can do anything.
Just me

United States

#34 Jul 31, 2012
Go to WLAF arrest report he was arrested for meth yesterday.Wonder what the prosecutors think about him being on T.V. Doing drugs in there county with a camera crew watching? Interesting
E from long hollow

United States

#35 Jul 31, 2012
Mike Welch wrote:

I hope the best for you old friend! Proud of you!
Just so you know

Rogersville, TN

#36 Jul 31, 2012
Just me wrote:
Go to WLAF arrest report he was arrested for meth yesterday.Wonder what the prosecutors think about him being on T.V. Doing drugs in there county with a camera crew watching? Interesting
I don't know what the prosecutors think about his or anyone else using drugs in "their" county. I would just go ask them. You do know they are actually paid employees of the county. When a taxpayer or resident of "their" county wants to know something they will usually answer questions on things that are public knowledge. I'm sure they won't discuss any specifics with you' but could answer questions on "their" thoughts for you. That's one way to find out. As for the arrest , I guess he wasn't as strong As he thought he was.
wow

Rathdrum, ID

#37 Sep 4, 2012
Arrested for aggravated assault? Pellet rifle? Wth!
wow

Knoxville, TN

#38 Sep 4, 2012
Can you say tweeking again some people just cant get their act together!!!
PUNK HATER

Knoxville, TN

#39 Sep 5, 2012
he is a tweeking sucker punching punk.i hope he gets a few more gross facial scares in jail.i cant wait till he gets to dry out in prison.im sure mommy will forsake her hubby again to help her baby.maybe stupidity runs in their family.
Actually

Jacksboro, TN

#41 Sep 5, 2012
God loves dereck just like he loves all of us. In God's eyes he is a worthy human being, I pray that God comforts him and helps him get back on the right track. His life is worth saving. He deserves grace, joy, happiness, and freedom. He is a child of God too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guy named Rocky 20 min Holly 5
April marlow marty miller 2 hr Candy 1
ashley parrot (Oct '15) 3 hr Ashley122 43
Kenneth bartley 7 hr Campbell 33
Timothy Wayne Brown 7 hr t-t-t of HIM by HIM 5
Low flying jet over Campbell County. 10 hr Lacking Humor 6
Need a girl in her 20s or early 30s 15 hr Jigga 2

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance