Does anyone know coach Barry Jones

Does anyone know coach Barry Jones

Posted in the La Follette Forum

JUST WANTING TO KNOW

United States

#1 Dec 14, 2010
I would like to know why all these basketball parents lets him away with how he treats them boys behind closed doors
Big d

United States

#2 Dec 14, 2010
How about some details on how he treats them. Without them your post means nothing
CC TEACHER

United States

#3 Dec 15, 2010
He treats those boys like dogs, and Robbie Heatherly has known this for years and lets him by with it, and the parents know it also, and no one will do nothing about it. cause he tells his players he will throw them off the team if they repeat anything he says behind closed doors.
Jason

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2010
Glad I have a daughter that will never have to worry about playing for him!
Fan

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Dec 15, 2010
I understand Robbie covers and protects him for some reason, but he was not Robbies selection, Robbie was at LMS when this fellow was hired. Lets recall Gary Seale and Jim Pierce picked this guy. However that does not excuse Robbie from doing his job.
CC TEACHER

United States

#6 Dec 15, 2010
You are right, No Robbie did not select him, But he does have say so over what he does, and he does nothing about it what is up with that? I think they both need to be fired for covering up for each other.
judge the work

United States

#7 Dec 16, 2010
He's an excellent coach. He consistently wins or comes close to winning games he should be blown out of due to mismatched talent. If coaches are mistreating players, that's one thing. Just ask Mike Leach from Texas Tech what happens if you do that. But all coaches have their own way of handling practices, locker rooms, discipline, etc. That's the way it should be. I don't know him personally. I only do as you all should and judge his overall body of coaching work. And that, so far, has been outstanding.
The Guru

Pall Mall, TN

#8 Dec 16, 2010
I think CC TEACHER and Fan and Jason and JUST WANTING TO KNOW are the same person just wanting to start some crap about a good coach
Jimmy

Nashville, TN

#9 Dec 16, 2010
know i'm not stirring nothing up i'm tired watching the games of talented childern and i have a example i followed the les school ball and Saturday game and all the games The Powell kid played very good ball all year out scoring the star player and she was benched many times for scoring more points Johnny BRuce guess didn't look at the books and how well she played both ends and she played all season The coach couldn't make a choice because she had to many good players what was told to her mother when asked she asked chris he said people was in the stand chosing the mvp and all district player sounds like the Doug Boshears was behind kissing butt we watched her play when Hembree brought those 13 and 14 yrs from whiltely county and Powell played ball while the other one was having a break down And if your reading this Doug i made you sit the bench your senior year Julia's father
confused

Hendersonville, TN

#11 Dec 17, 2010
Jimmy wrote:
know i'm not stirring nothing up i'm tired watching the games of talented childern and i have a example i followed the les school ball and Saturday game and all the games The Powell kid played very good ball all year out scoring the star player and she was benched many times for scoring more points Johnny BRuce guess didn't look at the books and how well she played both ends and she played all season The coach couldn't make a choice because she had to many good players what was told to her mother when asked she asked chris he said people was in the stand chosing the mvp and all district player sounds like the Doug Boshears was behind kissing butt we watched her play when Hembree brought those 13 and 14 yrs from whiltely county and Powell played ball while the other one was having a break down And if your reading this Doug i made you sit the bench your senior year Julia's father
Who ever wrote this #1 needs to learn how to write, and #2 they have to be a crazy psycho parent that never played sports,#3 this has nothing to do with Barry Jones. Get a life and quit bringing elemetary kids into your miserable life. I saw in the paper that Les had won 3 straight championships you should be happy that your daughters team won. One other thing I happen to know Doug and he is a great guy he graduated in 1992 so who cares what happened 18 years ago, and what does Doug have to do with this topic. Please get a life. I dont know who you are, but im sure most people associated with you will know who you are.
Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 17, 2010
now now must be hitting a nerve Let the secerts out on LES coach and Barry Jones is a great coach
Jimmy

Nashville, TN

#13 Dec 17, 2010
confused wrote:
<quoted text>Who ever wrote this #1 needs to learn how to write, and #2 they have to be a crazy psycho parent that never played sports,#3 this has nothing to do with Barry Jones. Get a life and quit bringing elemetary kids into your miserable life. I saw in the paper that Les had won 3 straight championships you should be happy that your daughters team won. One other thing I happen to know Doug and he is a great guy he graduated in 1992 so who cares what happened 18 years ago, and what does Doug have to do with this topic. Please get a life. I dont know who you are, but im sure most people associated with you will know who you are.ok just ruffling your feathers we all know how he does the parents Talks about them mostly his wife she doesn't have anything good to say about any parents unless she's using you
Sorry to inform you i played ball and i know how it works and i'm stepping in Boshears is not running over my kid she's going to valley view
for confused

Nashville, TN

#14 Dec 17, 2010
seems strange that the parent of one of the players went to the school everyday before the season even started and talked to the coach, got himself put on the coaching staff, had practice closed to all other parents and what do you know his daughter walked away with 2 of the 3 awards. even though she was not the leading scorer or rebounder.
Junkie

Nashville, TN

#15 Dec 17, 2010
JUST WANTING TO KNOW wrote:
I would like to know why all these basketball parents lets him away with how he treats them boys behind closed doors
hes a good coach
somebody who really knows

Knoxville, TN

#16 Dec 17, 2010
well what do u ko paducah ky is at it again. your such a dumb ass. we ko who u r its getting ready to cause trouble.
e
Confused2

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 Dec 17, 2010
So he is a good coach because he loses close games? I would have thought that a good coach may win his share of those close games but it seems that by just hanging in there we are making basketball into horse shoes. I guess if that is all you can bring to the table to classify him a good coach, have at it. Oh, and I think they had yet another close loss tonight after leading most of game! Look out John Brown, these guys on here may want that name on gym changed pretty soon if we keep on racking up close losses!
barrys student

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Dec 18, 2010
barrys a great coach, all of my friends who are on the team never complain, hes an excellant teacher, and a good christian. if anyone has read his book they understand what a hard life he has had so back off haters.
Cougar

AOL

#19 Dec 18, 2010
I do not recall anyone questioning his faith. I do not recall anyone having question about his teaching ability. In fact I personally never picked up the press to check Mr Jones test scores out from the previous week. I do however check out the basketball scores and despite the above poster that is thrilled with close losses, I do not know many fans, parents, or players that get too many thrills with being defeated in close games.
Stories

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Dec 19, 2010
I would like to hear from some folks that know if some of the weird stories I am hearing are true. Things that go on in practice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's Adult World Like? (Dec '10) 46 min Fredd 101
Campbell County Sheriffs Department 49 min Fredd 78
1st district school board race 2 hr Joker 10
Coach Cox 3 hr Mags 57
June 3 hr Also a Taxpayer 17
LaFollette Wellness Center (May '11) 4 hr Susan 18
Our sherriff 5 hr Boat Drinks 19
Mayor 2018 Mon Staying with Morton 108

La Follette Jobs

Personal Finance