Where_are_they

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

Are there no decent girls/women left? Are you all in hiding, or already taken, or is it that there really are no decent, sane, fun loving girls left?
to where are they

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

Where_are_they wrote:
Are there no decent girls/women left? Are you all in hiding, or already taken, or is it that there really are no decent, sane, fun loving girls left?
WHERE ARE ALL THE DESCENT MEN ?
yes they are

Chapel Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

Have to be really careful these days.nothing but guys that want you to work while they sit at home doing God knows what or these guys that are all just so wonderful when you meet them but are jerks and then you have all the druggies that think they are sexy and have no teeth..don't know about you but that turns my stomach. So yes I guess you could say hiding
I agree

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

yes they are wrote:
Have to be really careful these days.nothing but guys that want you to work while they sit at home doing God knows what or these guys that are all just so wonderful when you meet them but are jerks and then you have all the druggies that think they are sexy and have no teeth..don't know about you but that turns my stomach. So yes I guess you could say hiding
Well, theres no decent gals OR guys on topix. Most are married. But everyone can be decent if they would just put some effort into being positive. Usually when people grow up they see the big picturet. But men don't usually "get it" untill it's too late.
decentgirl

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

There are lots of decent girls. We just don't want our names on topix. If you want to find one, go to church.
o yeah

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

you're so right
yessir

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

My grl is a decent grl
another decent girl

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

decentgirl wrote:
There are lots of decent girls. We just don't want our names on topix. If you want to find one, go to church.
You are exactly right!
LOL

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

we keep them home safe where u cant get them and i agree GO TO CHURCH and you'll find one
Where_are_they

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

LOL wrote:
we keep them home safe where u cant get them and i agree GO TO CHURCH and you'll find one
Ok so you say "GO TO CHURCH"--and "I'll find one"--fine, I DO go to CHURCH--but let me tell you about the nice people who go to church here, and indeed everywhere else for that matter as well--people go through the week acting in the most ungodly way they can, saying things that a US Marine wouldn't say and doing things that you really should be ashamed of--and then go dutifully to church on Sunday to be absolved of your "sins". People get their toes stepped on Sunday morning and then go out and step on everyone else Sunday afternoon--so the process repeats itself in a vicious cycle. People backbite and talk about each other behind their backs--and these are "good Christians"--they admit it, and yet they cut people down behind their backs and then go to Church and everything is automatically OK.

People claim to believe in GOD and yet do not the things that GOD has said to do--but you do it your OWN way. When God has clearly said that you are to do it HIS way, not your own.

You sit there and try and judge me as someone beneath your feet as "we keep them home where u can't get them"--you are acting in the most ungodly and judgmental way you possibly can and aptly demonstrating that you do NOT believe in God because, because you don't even know me and yet you judge me as if you think I must just be the worst piece of filth that ever walked--because I actually came here--where many people post and asked a simple, yet viable question.

I'm not a hypocrite and never have been. I am the same person in Church as I am in public--perhaps that is a lesson lost on most of you who try to pretend to be so righteous because you go to church and then go out and do everything you want and expect that all you have to do is dutifully sit in a church congregation and utter the words "I believe"--and you are already "saved". You believe in your version of God--but you don't believe. If you believed you would be doing it the way God said to do it. I on the other hand make no pretenses about it--I am not perfect and never have been--I go before God every day and ask for forgiveness because I don't and can't measure up to that perfect example--which is Jesus Christ.
decentgirl

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

I know your reply wasn't to me, but I just wanted you to know that i'm not judging you. I completely agree with you about the lifestyles of many "church-going people". It's very sad. Maybe you should consider going to a different church. I know it's hard to be around that, it's really discouraging. This is just MY experience and opinion, but every denominational church I know has a lot of that going on. It's all about fund raisers, girls wearing their best dresses to church (whether Jesus would approve or not), concerts, guitars, etc. Find a girl that's main focus is GOD if that helps..:)
Where_are_they

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

decentgirl wrote:
I know your reply wasn't to me, but I just wanted you to know that i'm not judging you. I completely agree with you about the lifestyles of many "church-going people". It's very sad. Maybe you should consider going to a different church. I know it's hard to be around that, it's really discouraging. This is just MY experience and opinion, but every denominational church I know has a lot of that going on. It's all about fund raisers, girls wearing their best dresses to church (whether Jesus would approve or not), concerts, guitars, etc. Find a girl that's main focus is GOD if that helps..:)
It really is sad. It is sad that so many people want to play the hypocrite. People feign righteousness, they like to talk about God--and yet God is so far from them in their every day lives. HE is the last thing on their minds for the vast majority of their week--but boy when it comes Sunday God is right there on their lips and the preachers are always jumping around thumping their Bibles and everyone puts on a good show for each other and then after service--it is right back to the way they were before Church. They will go to church---and then go to the lake or go to Walmart or go play golf or go do whatever it is they were doing that Church interrupted.

It is sad that so many people are judgmental, backbiting hypocrites who will talk about you and cut you down behind your back during the week, but boy when it is church time "hello brother or hello sister"...giving you a warm handshake or a hug trying to feign their version of love and then after church they gather in their little cliques and whisper and cut down the person they would call their brother or sister during church--if that is how they treat people they claim is family I'd hate to see how they treat their enemies. I have found that by and large people are cowardly, because they will cut you down every chance they get to everyone they know but won't show you the common courtesy of actually coming to you and telling you what their problem is.

Yes I want a DECENT girl--why is it so hard to find a girl who can keep her pants up or dress on and who does not jump into every bed she comes across? And yes I know guys have a problem keeping their pants on and zipped up, so they are not blameless by any means. Why is it so hard to find a girl who likes to receive roses and who likes affection and holding hands? Why is it so hard to find someone who actually thinks romance is a GOOD thing?

Am I really asking for so much?
decentgirl

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Where_are_they wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is sad. It is sad that so many people want to play the hypocrite. People feign righteousness, they like to talk about God--and yet God is so far from them in their every day lives. HE is the last thing on their minds for the vast majority of their week--but boy when it comes Sunday God is right there on their lips and the preachers are always jumping around thumping their Bibles and everyone puts on a good show for each other and then after service--it is right back to the way they were before Church. They will go to church---and then go to the lake or go to Walmart or go play golf or go do whatever it is they were doing that Church interrupted.
It is sad that so many people are judgmental, backbiting hypocrites who will talk about you and cut you down behind your back during the week, but boy when it is church time "hello brother or hello sister"...giving you a warm handshake or a hug trying to feign their version of love and then after church they gather in their little cliques and whisper and cut down the person they would call their brother or sister during church--if that is how they treat people they claim is family I'd hate to see how they treat their enemies. I have found that by and large people are cowardly, because they will cut you down every chance they get to everyone they know but won't show you the common courtesy of actually coming to you and telling you what their problem is.
Yes I want a DECENT girl--why is it so hard to find a girl who can keep her pants up or dress on and who does not jump into every bed she comes across? And yes I know guys have a problem keeping their pants on and zipped up, so they are not blameless by any means. Why is it so hard to find a girl who likes to receive roses and who likes affection and holding hands? Why is it so hard to find someone who actually thinks romance is a GOOD thing?
Am I really asking for so much?
Very well said. I agree.. people just like to put on a show. Again, though, I believe it depends on which church you go to. You must go to a church that has GOD as the head of it.. not music, not fundraisers, not games, not bands... just simply God.
For example, in Revelation when John is writing letters warning the churches. You know, the church of Sardis was "dead" it had an image that was full of life on the outside, but on the inside, that church was dead. I feel like that's still a huge problem today. There are plenty of Godly women that are modest humble and beautiful on the inside, they are just few and far between.
GOD

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Not in Campbell County. All the good ones leave, only the trash is left.
decentgirl

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

GOD wrote:
Not in Campbell County. All the good ones leave, only the trash is left.
not always true
Where_are_they

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

decentgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said. I agree.. people just like to put on a show. Again, though, I believe it depends on which church you go to. You must go to a church that has GOD as the head of it.. not music, not fundraisers, not games, not bands... just simply God.
I could not agree with you more--you are right.
decentgirl wrote:
<quoted text>For example, in Revelation when John is writing letters warning the churches. You know, the church of Sardis was "dead" it had an image that was full of life on the outside, but on the inside, that church was dead. I feel like that's still a huge problem today. There are plenty of Godly women that are modest humble and beautiful on the inside, they are just few and far between.
While I agree that John was speaking to the physical churches of his day--I also tend to believe that the Churches mentioned--the lukewarm church for example, or the dead Church at Sardis--are also examples of individual attitudes. You can sit in a church congregation and try to keep one foot in the world and one foot in the WAY and be lukewarm--fence sitting is not acceptable in the sight of God and never has been--sooner or later you have to make a decision about where you stand and go with it. The dead Church at Sardis is another example--you can be dead spiritually and still dutifully sit in a congregation listening to Gods minister.

Now everyone wants to believe they are part of the Philadelphia church--because that church is faithful and holds fast--and everyone wants to believe they are doing that.

I'm right there with you--I do believe there are still some decent women left--I'm not a picky person. All I ask is to find someone who does not hop into every bed she sees. Yes I know the men are no better--guys seem to have an issue keeping their pants zipped up--but then the girls should also be able to keep their pants on too. Not be an alcoholic or a druggie, and not someone whose only interest is money. Money is not the most important thing in life. I would prefer someone however who likes to receive flowers, and who likes to hold hands and do the little things that make memories--maybe that really is too much to ask anymore, I don't know. Yeah looks are important--but then again so is personality and character.

Maybe I'm just different. It would be nice to find out that there is a girl out there who is like the person I describe though, and who is single....
kumbaya

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

it's proven once again: thread stays on this ridiculous forum and it will go negative. from decent girls to churches and "luke-warm" christians. here's one for you: jesus to peter-what is this to you? why dont you all make some real friends and do some good rather than fish on line for someone to who is as miserable and negative as you.

incredible. shine your light-or find it.
and yes I am pretty

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Where_are_they wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree with you more--you are right.
<quoted text>
While I agree that John was speaking to the physical churches of his day--I also tend to believe that the Churches mentioned--the lukewarm church for example, or the dead Church at Sardis--are also examples of individual attitudes. You can sit in a church congregation and try to keep one foot in the world and one foot in the WAY and be lukewarm--fence sitting is not acceptable in the sight of God and never has been--sooner or later you have to make a decision about where you stand and go with it. The dead Church at Sardis is another example--you can be dead spiritually and still dutifully sit in a congregation listening to Gods minister.
Now everyone wants to believe they are part of the Philadelphia church--because that church is faithful and holds fast--and everyone wants to believe they are doing that.
I'm right there with you--I do believe there are still some decent women left--I'm not a picky person. All I ask is to find someone who does not hop into every bed she sees. Yes I know the men are no better--guys seem to have an issue keeping their pants zipped up--but then the girls should also be able to keep their pants on too. Not be an alcoholic or a druggie, and not someone whose only interest is money. Money is not the most important thing in life. I would prefer someone however who likes to receive flowers, and who likes to hold hands and do the little things that make memories--maybe that really is too much to ask anymore, I don't know. Yeah looks are important--but then again so is personality and character.
Maybe I'm just different. It would be nice to find out that there is a girl out there who is like the person I describe though, and who is single....
You are no different than anyone else.
What it comes down to is that you want a pretty and nice girl/woman........ Just like all men do. If you left the pretty out, your chances would greatly increase, after all what does pretty have to do with anything???????? O yeah, you're a man..... Just like all other men.
Mike M

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Of course men want pretty. Nobody wants an ugly.
and yes I am pretty

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Mike M wrote:
Of course men want pretty. Nobody wants an ugly.
Exactly my point, and that's fine with me.
I just don't like these goody-goodies to pretend that it all comes down to the goodness and the character of women, when in reality, they all want a pretty woman.
I wouldn't want an ugly man either. I think it's just human.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the La Follette Forum right now

Search the La Follette Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cumberland village nursing home ?? (Mar '13) 54 min I know some things 70
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr WTSenior 141,075
Anyone kno about jessica tolliver? (Jan '11) 1 hr Jessica Danielle Tolliver 2
Debbie Wilson 4 hr good luck 9
Activate 4 hr lol 12
Todd nance promises jobs 5 hr ok 39
ariel gibson (Dec '12) 6 hr big joe 21
New Girl at Big O's WARNING! 7 hr me also 11
Car accident patty hill 11 hr what 84
Judge Race 13 hr Appears you have 125
the carroll family 14 hr quoted 8
•••
•••
•••