Your Hospital called TENNOVA

Your Hospital called TENNOVA

Posted in the La Follette Forum

wow

Oneida, TN

#1 Jan 16, 2013
I just wanted to know if I was the only one done this way? I like Im sure many others have medical bills and the thing is I pay my bills every month,Not in full but payments.Im one of many fighting cancar and went to your hospital for a CT,Well after finding out my Ins. didnt pay all but did pay all but 20%. And when I started making my monthly payments,Well after a month or two they call and told me I wasnt paying enough per month(I was paying $20-$25per month).Now Im thankful I do get a check every month and yes its because I worked up untell I got sick!I have just in medical 7-9 bills per month to pay. I try to spread it out for all the get something.Anyways instead if letting me pay every month what I could this hospital turn my account over to a collection service,Just wanted to see if anyone else has been done this way.That was my first time at the hospital and I thought it was a good place but this place will NEVER have me there again.What a shame a big company like TENNOVA wont work with people that does pay there bills.
wow

Oneida, TN

#2 Jan 16, 2013
And just for the record my bill was under $500.00 when turned over to collections

Since: Mar 11

La Follette, TN

#3 Jan 16, 2013
i stopped getting blood work done there because i was tired of being charged several times for each visit
porky

United States

#4 Jan 16, 2013
This why most go to Oak Ridge or Knoxville Ft Saunders.
dan boone

United States

#5 Jan 16, 2013
do u just love it when u pay the bill and they still turn u over to collections.what a joke of a hospital
well now

La Follette, TN

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Not surprising. Awful they did you that way, but actually it's a blessing in disguise quite frankly, since it keeps you from returning there. The LAST place I would want anyone touching me let alone something as serious as cancer and/or surgery is Tennova up here!
wow

Oneida, TN

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Yea it was just a CT and I just want to say the tech that worked on me and did the test was nice and great at her job just for the record.And yea if and when I need sugery I will go back to Ft Saunders.

Yea after looking at my records the unpaid bal from the Ins.was $678.00 and I paid the hospital down to $238.94 before they turned it or to collections. And just for the record they cashed every check I sent them.

This just really makes me mad that they did this when people do pay on there bill every month,And something should be done I think.Is just like before I have any Ins.and was going to te doctor.They would charge me $25-30 for my visit but now that I have Ins they charge $150.00 for the same thing and I pay 20% of that.
I think everyone gets the same treatment from a doctor they should get the same pay.Thats why Ins is so high that people cant aford it.I think doctors should get paid the same all across the board.To much over charging and charging for thinks not done.I,ve seen it and got the4 records to prove it.

Sorry for the on and on but this is not right and I think the people deserve better.
attorneybob

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Going to the dentist is like buying a used car...whatever they can grab from they will? Dr.'s and hospitals too. Insurance is a legal way to get both the patient and the insurance company. no wonder the ins is high ,they foot the abuse and most of the bill. What gets me is how they pay the ins. part as a contract with the provider and 9 months later you get a bill for some small amount they didn't pay. hoping you have forgot? can they be that far behind in billing?
wow

Oneida, TN

#9 Jan 17, 2013
attorneybob wrote:
Going to the dentist is like buying a used car...whatever they can grab from they will? Dr.'s and hospitals too. Insurance is a legal way to get both the patient and the insurance company. no wonder the ins is high ,they foot the abuse and most of the bill. What gets me is how they pay the ins. part as a contract with the provider and 9 months later you get a bill for some small amount they didn't pay. hoping you have forgot? can they be that far behind in billing?
Or everytime you go for any kind of test you get 3-4 bills from other places.
Glad

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2013
Great hospital saved my sister life
Happy

Heiskell, TN

#11 Jan 17, 2013
Great hospital but they do have to pay their bills to
Horrible

United States

#12 Jan 17, 2013
WORST hospital I've been to in years. My mother died of cancer and they REFUSED to see her cause she didnt have insurance. I always pay the extra gas and drive to UT.
Oh hail NO

La Follette, TN

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Happy wrote:
Great hospital but they do have to pay their bills to
NOT. Oh and the best way to pay their bills is by treating ppl like chit... for profit. Sure. Makes sense. NOT.

Wouldn't put a dog in there. My father is a cancer patient and had to use ER. They CLAIMED they ran blood work when his oncologist asked for the results to their blood work two days later. My father and his ins were certainly BILLED for that bloodwork, but guess what... you guessed right! they took the blood to run blood work but NEVER ran that blood work. Last thing you should have to do is get into battle with this 'great hospital' concerning their FRAUDULENT BILLING/CHARGING when you're so very ill, let alone dying.

ANYWHERE BUT TENNOVA TY!
KnoxTruth

Tucker, GA

#14 Jan 23, 2013
The only difference between UT/Covenant and Tennova is Tennova pays taxes. That's it. Tennova gets graded and inspected by the same boards and survey groups that inspect and survey UT/Covenant.
The health care industry is one of the most regulated in this country. If Tennova "screened" patients that presented in the emergency room based upon ability to pay, federal and state regulators would shut them down. Patient satisfaction surveys are also used by the federal government to determine reimbursement rates. They use the same one for all hospitals.
well

La Follette, TN

#15 Jan 23, 2013
KnoxTruth wrote:
The only difference between UT/Covenant and Tennova is Tennova pays taxes. That's it. Tennova gets graded and inspected by the same boards and survey groups that inspect and survey UT/Covenant.
The health care industry is one of the most regulated in this country. If Tennova "screened" patients that presented in the emergency room based upon ability to pay, federal and state regulators would shut them down. Patient satisfaction surveys are also used by the federal government to determine reimbursement rates. They use the same one for all hospitals.
There was an article on 60 Minutes a while back about the parent company of Tennova. It was an expose of their scamming to increase profits. I wish I could remember exactly how it went. Something about putting ER under a quota system forcing them to admit patients that technically shouldn't be admitted (didn't warrant it by medical perameters) or risk losing their jobs, because of their insurance(s), and to do the LEAST for those uninsured if not turn them away altogether.

Add: I ENTIRELY agree with those on here that find THIS Tennova in LaF dangerously incompetent. Being ill/hurt badly enough to need ER anywhere is frightening enough, but to consider finding yourself in this one up here on top of that bumps frightening up to terrifying. They REALLY should be placed under investigation for malpractice, not just insurance scamming!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah clear and her dope head boyfriend 7 hr Enter username 1
Turn lane 10 hr Wtfe 8
Shelly keith 15 hr Funny Bunny 2
Lisa Tackett 22 hr Dave 2
Curtis Smith 23 hr Moodyblue 10
The band Sat Stephen_mccullah 7
Can anyone tell me about autumn Alexander? Sat Just wondering 3

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance