Ronnie Murray

David G. Young

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Voting For A Working Man

Franklin, TN

#85 Jul 30, 2010
It appears that this site does have many supporters for Cole, Young and Baird. I have heard much of these candidates from reading over everyone's postings. There are, however, 6 running for election and 1 for reelection. I am interested in learning more about the other candidates and not so much arguing and name calling. According to a previous post, over 50% of Campbell County's citizens are 55 or older. I assume that is why Andrews(70+) and Murray (64) have little support online seeing that their supporters are more likely older, more experienced citizens that are not on the internet often. The online poll will not reflect the actual results. I don't know much about Andrews but I know that Murray has lived in this county for all of his 64 years and is very familiar with how it has been run. Murray has started and run his own business in this county installing in-ground and above ground swimming pools. He has built structures in the county that have won awards by Better Homes and Gardens including helping with the construction of Dr Beck's office in Lafollette. He is a working man who has worked towards bettering the community. He is also a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason and has earned my respect as a fellow citizen and friend. He has set the bar for me and is one of the few candidates that has nothing bad against his name. For all he has accomplished already, I am eager to see what he can do with our county. I will be voting for Ronnie Murray and encourage you all to do more research and vote for who you see fit as the best candidate. Also, there is much information about the candidates in the papers and Mayoral debates. Do not always assume the internet is the best source.
steph

United States

#86 Jul 30, 2010
honestly, what's changed since the last mayor got elected?
what specifically has he done for the county?
especially to improve the county?

i really want answers to the questions.
Addie

Smithville, TN

#87 Jul 31, 2010
Yes, but Murray is rude and has a very angry tone. I have been to the debates/forums and he is a scary person. Someone with that big of a chip on their shoulder would be very bad for this county.
Voting For A Working Man wrote:
It appears that this site does have many supporters for Cole, Young and Baird. I have heard much of these candidates from reading over everyone's postings. There are, however, 6 running for election and 1 for reelection. I am interested in learning more about the other candidates and not so much arguing and name calling. According to a previous post, over 50% of Campbell County's citizens are 55 or older. I assume that is why Andrews(70+) and Murray (64) have little support online seeing that their supporters are more likely older, more experienced citizens that are not on the internet often. The online poll will not reflect the actual results. I don't know much about Andrews but I know that Murray has lived in this county for all of his 64 years and is very familiar with how it has been run. Murray has started and run his own business in this county installing in-ground and above ground swimming pools. He has built structures in the county that have won awards by Better Homes and Gardens including helping with the construction of Dr Beck's office in Lafollette. He is a working man who has worked towards bettering the community. He is also a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason and has earned my respect as a fellow citizen and friend. He has set the bar for me and is one of the few candidates that has nothing bad against his name. For all he has accomplished already, I am eager to see what he can do with our county. I will be voting for Ronnie Murray and encourage you all to do more research and vote for who you see fit as the best candidate. Also, there is much information about the candidates in the papers and Mayoral debates. Do not always assume the internet is the best source.
For the record

Dickson, TN

#88 Jul 31, 2010
I think Baird is a very fine man, honest and trustworthy. However, he is not what this county needs. Mr. Baird will continue to have a great and prosperous career in politics, and he will do good anywhere it leads him.

We need major change and innovation here in Campbell County. New and fresh ideas. That's where Cole and his team comes in. If he gets elected, and you don't see results, fire him. We the people can hire and fire who we want.
valley girl

Springfield, TN

#89 Jul 31, 2010
I'm new to Campbell County. I did not get registered to vote in time, but here's what I have heard just in the short while I've been here.(not from Topix) The current mayor has done nothing but help some friends get jobs and free stuff, and has not done a good job at all. People are saying vote for anyone but him. Also heard it would be terrible for Kitts to win, but he had a surprising amount of support in the LaFollette area. As for the sheriff, I heard that Mr Perkins was one person before and after elected he acts like he doesn't know you. Most people I have talked to said they would not vote for him. Just spreading the gossip!! lol
carlover

Seymour, TN

#90 Jul 31, 2010
Ron is the biggest crook this county has ever had. No-one who cares about our county should ever vote for him for anything. He gets beat worse this time than the last election he took part in.
Well now

Pall Mall, TN

#91 Aug 1, 2010
Voting For A Working Man wrote:
Nice little diatribe there; and, apparently you are very impressed with Murray being a 32nd degree Free Mason which is of course your right...:o) But, I, for one of far many more then I'm sure you will allow yourself to believe let alone acknowledge (which is preferable, actually. lol) will not have the first thing to do with a member of the Illumimati. Good luck with that, although I'm sure you don't feel in the least you need it. lol Have a NICE day.
voter

Louisville, TN

#92 Aug 1, 2010
this post is a sham.im voting for kitts.he will work hard for us.when he gets elected we will be the ones laughing.
Truth Serum

Smithville, TN

#93 Aug 1, 2010
voter wrote:
this post is a sham.im voting for kitts.he will work hard for us.when he gets elected we will be the ones laughing.
Along with everyone else in TN and the news media. We will be the laughingstock of the state if Kitts would win. But the truth is, he is note even in the running now.
agree kitts will be mayor

Lexington, KY

#95 Aug 1, 2010
from all of the talk i hear ,kitts will be our next county mayor. 12 votes got casted for him on wensday from friends and family,and we was very proud to do so !!!!! go scotty to hottie !!! i know you will makes us proud too !!!!
swen

Elizabethtown, KY

#96 Aug 1, 2010
How is Ron a crook his wife works everyday.He is not what you think.Great guy,has my vote.Plus at least 20 from my family alone......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor 2018 17 min Easy money 105
Coach Cox 1 hr Mike 55
If Lil kenny was UR kid U wouldn't be Bashing h... (Mar '14) 1 hr Your a idiot 23
Heather ward? (Oct '15) 1 hr AzzClown 27
Political signage 2 hr Malranda 8
Ben Watkins (Oct '11) 4 hr Kinston 14
Missy Beaty 4 hr Kinston 1
Campbell County Sheriffs Department 14 hr Mystery 70
What ever happened to Rhonda Daugherty searches... (Apr '16) 16 hr Sad 38

La Follette Jobs

Personal Finance

La Follette Mortgages