health care at er tennova hospital

Posted in the La Follette Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of135
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
holly kindred

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

About 1 week ago my boyfrind was seen in this er and it was a nightmare. The treatment from his trip was horrible. He went the first time by himself because it was late night and i was at home with our son. This visit he was seen by the Doctor and it made his injury much worse. So the next day I go back to er with him. I will say this the er was very busy with some serious injuries, te lenght of tie for him tobe seen isn't my coplaint. The treatment received by the nursing staff was awful. He had a very bad infection from some kind of thorn from cutting weeds. The FNP seen him as soon as she could. Again the time for him toreceive treatment is not the issue. Any way te FNP seen him confirmed treatment with the doctor on duty. The two nurse's that were treating him is the issue. He had to have injury lanced drained, then pact with medicated packing. After the FNP was done the discharge was awful. e nurse kept trying to get his blood pressure on the same arm his injury was on. ind you he has no insurance there was nothing given for pain except a local and it drained out when lanced. The nurse and I exchanged words, she didn't even know his finger was packed with medicated gauze. On top of all this she calls security on me .I did not curse at her just telling her to get his bp on the other arm. I knew how to care for am impacted injury. I walked out my mom went in and she was a nurse in the army during vietnam and boy let me tell you they changed their attitude. My poi8nt is this I'm sure that this nurse was just exhausted and aggrivated that day. Just becuase you do not have health care insurance all Americans are entitled to good quality health care and meds. Please don't accept any less than good quality heath care from this er or any other. They do have great nurses and doctors. We as the public must pay attention the detail. Thy can't refuse to give treatment to any one. Make sur you pay attention to what goes on. Thank you and have a blessed day
damage

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

If you want immediate treatment in the ER, you need to come in by ambulance
holly kindred

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

damage wrote:
If you want immediate treatment in the ER, you need to come in by ambulance
The timing of treatmnt was not the issue. Again it was the 2 nurses who was assigned to him. Treated him like dirt because he has no insurance. Nomatter if you have insurance or not people have the right to medical care same as anyone else. I'm shocked that more people hasn't made a complaint about the attitude of the personnel. I'm sure we are not the only ons whom have been treated this way.
ugh

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Are you new here? I'm thinking you are, since if you knew how bad the rep of the hospital has been for years you would have sought care from somewhere else. Maybe you're like me and figured since the admin of the place changed hands when Tennova took over it would have been changed for the better by now? I was SO hoping for that, too. Ugh. Just reading this and hearing from other folks, obviously it was wasted hope.

What was the point of Tennova buying them out if it wasn't to IMPROVE it... especially since (google) the corporation that bought it are supposed to be specialists at taking over defunct hospitals and turning them into FAR better hospitals??? Smh.
ugh

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I get what you're saying about pref treatment for those with insurance as opposed to those without. You hear that happening all over the place, not just here.. but when it comes to HERE (sorry. I meant to add this in my post above)

My father has fantastic insurance, and since it had changed hands he was okay with going to their ER up here (I begged him not to. It was scary enough that he was so ill to even have to need emergency attention). The experience for him was a huge fail. Point being, it doesn't matter if you're insured or not, or even if insured you have excellent insurance... it's the incompetence, ignorance, and arrogance of the personnel HERE that's the issue. Incompetence, and ignorance is the LAST thing you need in an ER situation. Horrible.

You need to write the administrator as we did. Have you??
ugh

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

damage wrote:
If you want immediate treatment in the ER, you need to come in by ambulance
Ok? What part of their 1st post did you not get when they repeatedly stated that it wasn't the TIMING in which they were seen by staff that was the issue, it was the SORRY MEDICAL ATTENTION received was the issue?? You sound exactly as stupid as those working in there. Who needs THAT in ANY dept of a hospital, let alone ER? Geez.
LovelyOneInCrazy Towtt do

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

We have insurance and I wouldn't go to that hospital ever. They treated me like a drug seeker coming in over and over for headaches at least 2 times a month at times. My prime care sent me to pain clinic as I gave up trying to fix anything as the VA is worthless and so is the hospital in lafollette. I found out I had been being paralyzed by a disc bulge, and then prime care sent me to ent for my sinus probs, in the office that day found out I had a Boil taking up 3/4 of my sphenoid gland. I found all of this interesting and got a copy of my medical records there. That hospital knew years prior about the herniation in my neck and the boil. They tried to say it was my prime cares fault. Interesting as he was the st Mary's too. So all that time they were sucking up my dollars and treating me like crap! My son broke his wrist and the Kauffman doctor told us someone needs to be the parent as my 3 year old yanked off the splint. She also said he didn't need a cast. He kept with pain and finally saw KOC and they said he should've had a cast on for the 2 weeks it took him to be seen. They made him go unprotected.
pink

Gray Court, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 14, 2012
 
I wouldnt take my dog up there they treat everyone like a drugie that place is a joke,i have told them off they need to stop actin like everyone a drugie,
stupid

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 14, 2012
 
LovelyOneInCrazyTowtt do wrote:
We have insurance and I wouldn't go to that hospital ever. They treated me like a drug seeker coming in over and over for headaches at least 2 times a month at times. My prime care sent me to pain clinic as I gave up trying to fix anything as the VA is worthless and so is the hospital in lafollette. I found out I had been being paralyzed by a disc bulge, and then prime care sent me to ent for my sinus probs, in the office that day found out I had a Boil taking up 3/4 of my sphenoid gland. I found all of this interesting and got a copy of my medical records there. That hospital knew years prior about the herniation in my neck and the boil. They tried to say it was my prime cares fault. Interesting as he was the st Mary's too. So all that time they were sucking up my dollars and treating me like crap! My son broke his wrist and the Kauffman doctor told us someone needs to be the parent as my 3 year old yanked off the splint. She also said he didn't need a cast. He kept with pain and finally saw KOC and they said he should've had a cast on for the 2 weeks it took him to be seen. They made him go unprotected.
okay so what ur saying is u were treated wrong you so u continuously go back and back thats pretty dumb on ur part sounds like if sumbody treated me wrong I know I wudnt go back an I sure as heck wudnt take my kid somewhere I didn't think I was treated well ! I think it's funny everybody gets on here and trashes the er and hospital an the 1st time something happens u will b there!!!
pink

Gray Court, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 14, 2012
 
go play with your self dumbass your on every post on topix ,go do somethin
stupid

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 14, 2012
 
pink wrote:
go play with your self dumbass your on every post on topix ,go do somethin
funny u must be on here a lot to know I'm on ever topic huh???
right

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 14, 2012
 
pink wrote:
go play with your self dumbass your on every post on topix ,go do somethin
oh what's wrong pink was the statement true ??? Upset u a little??
LovelyOneInCrazy Towtt do

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 14, 2012
 
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>okay so what ur saying is u were treated wrong you so u continuously go back and back thats pretty dumb on ur part sounds like if sumbody treated me wrong I know I wudnt go back an I sure as heck wudnt take my kid somewhere I didn't think I was treated well ! I think it's funny everybody gets on here and trashes the er and hospital an the 1st time something happens u will b there!!!
see put words in my mouth. We have not been back since we found out. We go to ft sanders and my son will only be seen by children's. We are willing to drive for the better care. I had my neck surgery jan 2011 and haven't been back in their ER since before that.
LovelyOneInCrazy Towtt do

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 14, 2012
 
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>okay so what ur saying is u were treated wrong you so u continuously go back and back thats pretty dumb on ur part sounds like if sumbody treated me wrong I know I wudnt go back an I sure as heck wudnt take my kid somewhere I didn't think I was treated well ! I think it's funny everybody gets on here and trashes the er and hospital an the 1st time something happens u will b there!!!
how did you miss my very first sentence?
LovelyOneInCrazy Towtt do

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 14, 2012
 
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>funny u must be on here a lot to know I'm on ever topic huh???
don't worry this person is likely a name changing troll, likes to stir up trouble. Obviously can't read either, and in this person's last post made comments directly opposite to my exact words. If you read that was the only thing negative person had to say and yet it was completely irrelevant to what I wrote, that means this person specifically warps thread posts to start trouble. Ignore this idiot. As I sure am going to. When a person hops thread to thread to spew such comments, judging others for being on the very exact threads they have been on, then tries to deny another's right to free speech is insanity. While we made comments about the thread this person had nothing of value to write to made it a personal attack. It's lame, but shows how inept they are at life and communication. So unhappy in his/her own life they need to interject themselves anywhere they can, but the anger and sadness is reflective in his/her own words.
stupid

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 14, 2012
 
LovelyOneInCrazyTowtt do wrote:
<quoted text>see put words in my mouth. We have not been back since we found out. We go to ft sanders and my son will only be seen by children's. We are willing to drive for the better care. I had my neck surgery jan 2011 and haven't been back in their ER since before that.
well that's great ! But I bet if a true emergency came happened u wud b right up here at the er again ! I read ur post but what I hear is u goin there multiple multiple times it took u this long to figure it out tht u didn't like the place come on, sounds like ur the one who needs 2 get a life and mayb even a job !
for real

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
well that's great ! But I bet if a true emergency came happened u wud b right up here at the er again ! I read ur post but what I hear is u goin there multiple multiple times it took u this long to figure it out tht u didn't like the place come on, sounds like ur the one who needs 2 get a life and mayb even a job !
Let me get this straight you went to the EMERGENCY room for a head ache ? Why not a general practice doctor for your big bad headache , thats why people have to wait so long and have pissy nurses you idiots think its a freaking walk in clinic ! A headache , stubbed toe ,the shits , go see a freaking general practice doctor not the EMERGENCY room bunch of freaking idiots good gosh !
stupid

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

for real wrote:
<quoted text>Let me get this straight you went to the EMERGENCY room for a head ache ? Why not a general practice doctor for your big bad headache , thats why people have to wait so long and have pissy nurses you idiots think its a freaking walk in clinic ! A headache , stubbed toe ,the shits , go see a freaking general practice doctor not the EMERGENCY room bunch of freaking idiots good gosh !
so true !!!!
omg please

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

SOB.... the diarrhea of the fingers again from reliable to go there LovelyOneInCrazy Tow... wait.. what?... Towttdo?... whatever the f*ck.

STOP FEEDING THIS WHOEVER PSYCHOTIC INTERNET TROLL

WHY folks WHY do you fall for it every time????

Just DAMN.
LovelyOneInCrazy Towtt do

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 15, 2012
 
for real wrote:
<quoted text>Let me get this straight you went to the EMERGENCY room for a head ache ? Why not a general practice doctor for your big bad headache , thats why people have to wait so long and have pissy nurses you idiots think its a freaking walk in clinic ! A headache , stubbed toe ,the shits , go see a freaking general practice doctor not the EMERGENCY room bunch of freaking idiots good gosh !
when the head ache is a migraine at 2 am and you're vomiting everywhere that's what you have to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of135
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the La Follette Forum right now

Search the La Follette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 12 min Vet 123,584
Police officer in car 24? 1 hr Harmony10 1
Whit Goins and his crony's are dirty corrupt cr... 1 hr Les 3
bliss spa 1 hr Jill 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr Choice 8,459
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Wassssup 8,503
Beerbottle Bailey 2 hr XBOX 3
•••
•••
•••
La Follette Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

La Follette Jobs

•••
•••
•••

La Follette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••