Soccer Time

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Hello All, FC Alliance has announced the first ever Spring soccer season for Campbell County. Sign-ups are now available with early discount of $10 if sign up thru Feb15, with the season officially starting on Mar04. There is no word on how the teams will be structured but they have said they would like to do a 13 and under team if they had enough sign-ups and a coach. Also like always the league will be in desperate need of volunteer coaches. I can't wait for the warm spring weather so I can kick the soccer ball again! Spread the word and lets make this a great season!
Parent

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

I think it's great that there is going to be spring soccer up here. They never had that up here when I was a kid. The kids that play seem to love it. I would encourage all parents to consider it.
Nope

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Not after the way my child was treated and ignored last year. I wish it was back to the way it was before!
Soccer Time

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I am really sorry to hear of your troubles last season. I was one of the volunteer coaches for the 10 and under teams. I had 16 players and can guarantee you none of my kids were ignored. I sent (too many) text messages about the team. We practiced twice a week and we scheduled extra games and played in the tournament. I believe they had a lot of fun. I learned a lot as a coach and if my son plays and I am needed I will likely coach again. I hope you will consider giving it another try for your child's sake. After all the kids don't know anything about the logistics, the finances, the politics, or the hassles. All they know is they get to kick and pass and play with their friends, and isn't it supposed to be about the kids anyway? Have a great day!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Kudos to you.
Nope

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Soccer Time wrote:
I am really sorry to hear of your troubles last season. I was one of the volunteer coaches for the 10 and under teams. I had 16 players and can guarantee you none of my kids were ignored. I sent (too many) text messages about the team. We practiced twice a week and we scheduled extra games and played in the tournament. I believe they had a lot of fun. I learned a lot as a coach and if my son plays and I am needed I will likely coach again. I hope you will consider giving it another try for your child's sake. After all the kids don't know anything about the logistics, the finances, the politics, or the hassles. All they know is they get to kick and pass and play with their friends, and isn't it supposed to be about the kids anyway? Have a great day!
I apologize. my comment wasnt meant toward any of the coaches. My daughter never even got that far. She was never placed on a team. I did all the proper paper work etc, and waited. When I didnt hear anything from them I called Derrick Lubell only to be informed that gamrs were already underway and that her paperwork had been overlooked. He said they would find her a spot and get her in and that I would hear from someone named Lauren within a day or two. She never got.in touch with me. Im glad you enjoyed your coaching experience. Thanks for giving your time to the kids.
Soccer Time

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Don't worry Nope, I didn't take offense. I am truly sorry that happened to your daughter. I am sure it was a big mistake. It is a fact that the transition to FC Alliance was not really a smooth one. They do a poor job at communication. They do a good job at instruction. Included in the cost are the weekly Friday training sessions. For all those parents who will put their child in a summer soccer camp, their kids will get way more instruction thru the Friday skills training than they would in a summer camp and it is included in the cost. So although you had a terrible time with the league prior, I still encourage you to give it another try if you daughter still has an interest in playing.
Old Abe

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Cool
Cant wait till spring

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

It has been so cold out. I can't wait till spring so we can get outside!
Reminder

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hello everyone. Reminder early sign-up discount for another 2+ weeks. Everybody can use a discount! I know it's cold but soon will be warm and soccer season!
Yeah right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Where do you sign up at? Finally something for the kids in this county to do!
Nope

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

When does the spring season end?
duckie

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

The last year my daughter played we paid for a tiedyed tshirt and never received it. If you order anything make sure you get a receipt. Wish we had.
idk but

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

... find it a little odd to be selling this soccer thing, yet provide no link to more and detailed information let alone to sign up. Sloppy.
Soccer Time

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Hey, I am just one of the volunteer coaches that would like to see soccer be successful for the kids. Sorry if I don't provide a link and all. www.fcallianceknox.org . I don't have that much information either, just that the season is supposed to start, I believe, on March 01 and that an early pay special would be in effect till 2-15-13. To be honest they do a poor job of communication and it is sometimes hard to get information out of them. For example if I were them, I would have already had notices in the newspaper, signs up about sign-ups and maybe even a billboard. I played as a kid growing up and really have great memories of it and so just want to encourage it. I don't work for them and I get nothing out of it. Have a great day!
Soccer Time

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I think the league will be doing Wal-mart sign ups again like in previous years. They are aware a lot of sign ups occur there but I have no knowledge if they will be there again this year but hope so. The best way to sign up right now is on the website and they do have email to them. Again I don't work for them and really cannot speak for them. I am just trying to relay the information as I have it.
Campbell County Dad

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

I know my son is looking forward to it.
Keep it up

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Soccer Time wrote:
Hey, I am just one of the volunteer coaches that would like to see soccer be successful for the kids. Sorry if I don't provide a link and all. www.fcallianceknox.org . I don't have that much information either, just that the season is supposed to start, I believe, on March 01 and that an early pay special would be in effect till 2-15-13. To be honest they do a poor job of communication and it is sometimes hard to get information out of them. For example if I were them, I would have already had notices in the newspaper, signs up about sign-ups and maybe even a billboard. I played as a kid growing up and really have great memories of it and so just want to encourage it. I don't work for them and I get nothing out of it. Have a great day!
GOOD FOR YOU!! I'm not even a parent of and under aged kid anymore and wish there were things like this when they were growing up. You will always have negative people and those who find wrong in anything. Keep up your good work for these kids. They need more parents/people like you to take an interest.
Good Idea

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I think this is great!
Soccer Time

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

HELLO EVERYONE,this is just a reminder that there is still a week left to sign up for the spring season with the $10 discount. I KNOW it has been cold but spring and warmer days will soon be upon us. Don't miss the opportunity to save $10. Have a great day!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the La Follette Forum right now

Search the La Follette Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min WTSenior 140,774
Todd nance promises jobs 3 hr Scum 28
WHOA... how about these 42 POS 3 hr Shows 5
Car accident patty hill 5 hr Prayers 72
I need my cat licked 5 hr kevin 5
William Baird/Debbie Wilson 6 hr Pudgie 5
michael tayler 7 hr concerned 2
William Baird 8 hr Wow2 30
Andrew Hamelin divorce? 13 hr hahaha 44
•••
•••
•••
•••