Animal Pound on Towe String
animallvr

Kingston, TN

#21 Apr 5, 2010
yeah its sad that animals get put in such bad positions,its not thier fault they end up sick or mangey. If ppl would take care of thier animals we wouldnt need a pound with people like that runnin them. I hate seein a dog or cat..or any animal for that matter bein mistreated. I wish that place would get shut down and someone opened up and place where animals really do get adopted out to good homes,where they dont get put down cause theyre not cute enough for little susie,or put down because in a week they have been there the right person hasnt walked in to take them home it makes me sick..they dont get adopted up here they get SOLD like groceries to any pill head,abuser,drunk that walks in with the money. its sad but true. All the people see are $ signs on those animals,not hopes of them finding a home! If they do they got a mighty funny way of showing it!
soooo sad

Dickson, TN

#22 Apr 5, 2010
animallvr wrote:
If ppl would take care of thier animals we wouldnt need a pound with people like that runnin them.
that is so true! A lot of the times that the animals that are there get there is because their owners say they love their pet but the truth is they neglect them, same as abuse and the pet ran off looking for a better home on their own and got caught so ended up at the pound, but still the pound is a bad place for them to end up...

what is the answer???

I wish I had a huge place and was rich I'd take them ALL in and pay a vet to help me! Um then again, wouldn't you think that the vets around here would care enough too, to help out???

Ugh... just got sadder.
Jellico_Resident

Sikeston, MO

#23 Apr 14, 2010
The so called vet here is not worth taking you pets to...I take all my pets to the vet in Williamsburg,KY...

And as far as the Animal Pound they can go to hell & back again; They have caused me enough trouble already ! Their were 3 dogs (including mine) that look alike ;that were around the same area but 2 of them were strays, everyone called an complained about them but who got the blame ? I did and mine stays on the chain they got calls everyday about the same ones and everyday they were at my house blaming me; I finally got tired of it and threatened to sue their ass if they came back ! and that was 4 months ago an I havent seen them since and for the 2 strays I found one dead a couple weeks ago and the other i see around every so often..
FYI

Springfield, TN

#24 Apr 14, 2010
If u all want to save some animals lives adopt them this month. ONly 15 dollars for the month of April. They give u an 80 dollar voucher to get them spade or neutered and their shots.
I Spy

United States

#25 Oct 18, 2010
i want my dog back wrote:
I have had a horrible experience with these ppl. I had proof of ownership of my dog and they gave it away or kept him for themselves...they said the real family picked him up...we were his family..so with pics. in hand of MY dog..they didnt know what to say except and i quote "there a many back there that need a home" and "he went to a good family" this was an inside dog who accidentaly got out and they wouldnt even tell me who had him...they should be ASHAMED
You should check the homes of the people they hire there; I heard of one employee who has brought home 9 dogs; I also heard that people donated food to the shelter and it was taken home by employees. None of this should be allowed.
david

Fort Campbell, TN

#26 Oct 18, 2010
i dont get is u willing to give a dog or cat a home and u got to pay but u dont pay 4 them they kill them y not give them to a home if u goin to get rid of them that way u rather kill then to give them a home and they also go and steal them out of ur yard and blame it on a anderson co dog catcher get real stan foust u loser
Save Our Animals

La Follette, TN

#27 Sep 4, 2012
I see this thread started in 2010, well here it is now September 2012 and the same crap is still happening at the shelter.

There needs to be an immediate investigation on the director of the shelter and animal control.

We must rally together as a community to demand an investigation.....
my dog

United States

#28 Sep 4, 2012
It Gets Pretty Bad When Your Dog Is On A Cable In Your Yard With Signs Beware Of Dog And A Bunch Of Meth Heads Came In My Yard And Kicked My Door Down And Police Reports Was Made And They Get Bite By My Dog In My Yard On Her Cable. So They Came and Got My Dog And They Hld Her For A Few Days They Told e I Could Pick Her Up On Wensday And Guess What They Put Her To Sleep Before It Was Time To Release Her.
animallovers

La Follette, TN

#29 Sep 4, 2012
my dog wrote:
It Gets Pretty Bad When Your Dog Is On A Cable In Your Yard With Signs Beware Of Dog And A Bunch Of Meth Heads Came In My Yard And Kicked My Door Down And Police Reports Was Made And They Get Bite By My Dog In My Yard On Her Cable. So They Came and Got My Dog And They Hld Her For A Few Days They Told e I Could Pick Her Up On Wensday And Guess What They Put Her To Sleep Before It Was Time To Release Her.
That woman that runs the place I think her name is Betty Crumley is a smart A**. She has no respect for anyone or anything let alone a living animal. Something needs to be done. Any ideas? I'm a willing helper if we can come up with a plan.
maybe

Jacksboro, TN

#30 Sep 4, 2012
my dog wrote:
oh my,thats horrible I had to read this twice to see if i read it right.

“what's your major malfunction?”

Since: Aug 12

San Diego, California

#31 Sep 4, 2012
I had a neighbor that kept trying to claim my cat as their own and we have had her since she was a kitten and a few months after my high school sweetheart and I got back together. She is nearly 10 years old, and I was so upset about it I paid to have her chipped. It's definitely fixed this issue for us.

San Diego, California

#32 Sep 4, 2012
my dog wrote:
that's insane!
my dog

United States

#33 Sep 4, 2012
Yes It Is Insane It Is Getting To The Point That The Druggies Are Being Pattied On The Back AdAre Animals That Is Taking Up For There Owners Stuff Is Getting Punished.Something Needs To Be Done Out There Its Crazy The Way Things Are Run.
judge judy
#34 Sep 4, 2012
tie betty up & cover with ticks
Leash

La Follette, TN

#35 Sep 4, 2012
If people would abide by the county leash law alot could be avoided. But ofcourse they don't and won't they just want to let skippy run wild: it's not the pets it's the so called owners!

San Diego, California

#36 Sep 5, 2012
Leash wrote:
If people would abide by the county leash law alot could be avoided. But ofcourse they don't and won't they just want to let skippy run wild: it's not the pets it's the so called owners!
the thing is the leash law causes dogs to live a life on a chain and that is no life. I have a friend that has to keep her huge dog husky on a log chain, because of neighbors and he had even broke this log chain multiple times. Like the cops told me, dogs are going to get loose, especially if they are desperate enough to break free and enjoy a moment of freedom.
Animal Lover

La Follette, TN

#37 Sep 6, 2012
I agree much of the blame falls on the owners of animals to one point, they don't have their animals spayed or neutered. Then, oh well I'll just take this littler to the shelter.

It isn't the dogs or cats fault they were born and not wanted. Also no matter how are a person tries to keep their dog in their own yard it will sometimes get loose. Beware it it does Betty will have it killed especially if it is a breed she doesn't like.

Also a word of warning to all those who have cats and take their kittens to the shelter. Guess where your kittens end up? Betty sells them to research labs, where they will be tortured until the day they die.

Please everyone spay and neuter your pets, but if you don't and you have puppies or kittens or find a litter of puppies or kittens abandoned in your yard I beg you to never take them to The Animal Shelter of Campbell County. There are other avenues you can find to get these animals placed into a home.

I'm telling most animals who are placed in the shelter don't make it out alive. The kill rate is over 90%.

We need to work on making it a no kill shelter, if anyone has any ideas on how we can accomplish this please lets us know. There are places up north who would love to rescue our animals from the shelter because people up there adopt animals. Rescue groups will not pull our shelter animals because Betty charges them a fee for each one. She say she has to cover her expenses. Okay what expenses does she have? The tax payers pay $150,000 a year to run the shelter, that includes paying the staff and for the expenses of running the place. None of the taxpayers money is spent on the animals. They are not vetted, and Wal-mart donates all the dog food the shelter needs. So what reason does she possibly have to charge rescue groups who are willing to give our animals a good home?

Please everyone demand an immediate investigation into the way this shelter is being ran. Innocent lives are being killed daily, and she enjoys killing them.

Please be the voice for Campbell County's Animals. It will take a community effort to achieve what needs to be done.

San Diego, California

#38 Sep 6, 2012
Animal Lover wrote:
I agree much of the blame falls on the owners of animals to one point, they don't have their animals spayed or neutered. Then, oh well I'll just take this littler to the shelter.

It isn't the dogs or cats fault they were born and not wanted. Also no matter how are a person tries to keep their dog in their own yard it will sometimes get loose. Beware it it does Betty will have it killed especially if it is a breed she doesn't like.

Also a word of warning to all those who have cats and take their kittens to the shelter. Guess where your kittens end up? Betty sells them to research labs, where they will be tortured until the day they die.

Please everyone spay and neuter your pets, but if you don't and you have puppies or kittens or find a litter of puppies or kittens abandoned in your yard I beg you to never take them to The Animal Shelter of Campbell County. There are other avenues you can find to get these animals placed into a home.

I'm telling most animals who are placed in the shelter don't make it out alive. The kill rate is over 90%.

We need to work on making it a no kill shelter, if anyone has any ideas on how we can accomplish this please lets us know. There are places up north who would love to rescue our animals from the shelter because people up there adopt animals. Rescue groups will not pull our shelter animals because Betty charges them a fee for each one. She say she has to cover her expenses. Okay what expenses does she have? The tax payers pay $150,000 a year to run the shelter, that includes paying the staff and for the expenses of running the place. None of the taxpayers money is spent on the animals. They are not vetted, and Wal-mart donates all the dog food the shelter needs. So what reason does she possibly have to charge rescue groups who are willing to give our animals a good home?

Please everyone demand an immediate investigation into the way this shelter is being ran. Innocent lives are being killed daily, and she enjoys killing them.

Please be the voice for Campbell County's Animals. It will take a community effort to achieve what needs to be done.
are you on the cc lost and found facebook page? I've read some horrible reports of the activities and denial of tax payers there. I deal with a lot of animals on our road as it is a dead end, people drive up and drop them off. I would never take then to the shelter. My neighbor and I work together trying to take care of the animals. She feeds them in the morning and all at her house, mostly cats, and at night I am being screamed at by all them too. I have to put tons of food down to make sure my three cats get food. I am planning on finishing up out huge privacy fence so cats can't jump over it too. So we can keep these babies from wandering into the road. Although we live on an inactive dead end we have a psycho neighbor that would literally try to hit the animals. Been caught doing it. I personally believe if a person can hurt an animal that had no voice they are capable of anything.
wow

Knoxville, TN

#39 Sep 6, 2012
another fine example of good ole boys watching over each other both Foust and moses needs to be shitcanned because they do nothing but lay around and get paid for it we have called about strays 100s of times and get the same BS response we cant catchem theyre to smart LOL!!! well atleast they admit to being dumber than the animals they are paid to catch!!! I guess the only ones they can catch is the ones thats half dead and stuck in a ditch or something!!!! useless as lady running the joint for sure!!!! clean it up Mayor do what your paid to do!!!
Save Our Animals

La Follette, TN

#40 Sep 7, 2012
lovely1nkrazyTown wrote:
<quoted text>
are you on the cc lost and found facebook page? I've read some horrible reports of the activities and denial of tax payers there. I deal with a lot of animals on our road as it is a dead end, people drive up and drop them off. I would never take then to the shelter. My neighbor and I work together trying to take care of the animals. She feeds them in the morning and all at her house, mostly cats, and at night I am being screamed at by all them too. I have to put tons of food down to make sure my three cats get food. I am planning on finishing up out huge privacy fence so cats can't jump over it too. So we can keep these babies from wandering into the road. Although we live on an inactive dead end we have a psycho neighbor that would literally try to hit the animals. Been caught doing it. I personally believe if a person can hurt an animal that had no voice they are capable of anything.
Yes I'm very active with that group and have helped to save many animals from ending up at the shelter. The shelter as it is right now is no place for any animal to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nothing to do 2 hr IKR 6
Poor Boy Restaurant (Dec '11) 11 hr Junebug 23
Pleasant Ridge 12 hr Deb 1
Paige Redmond (Jul '14) 17 hr Scott 11
KD Thompson 17 hr Jacob 9
Anyone know a jimmy sharp Fri Playboy6100 5
Man sets at walmart aint homeless!! (Doug) Fri Seriously Now 13

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance