mad

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

lets see if anyone else out there has been screwed by the people workin there,i know i sure have. In my opinion its ran by some crooked people..

(this is all my opinion,in no way shape or form is this bad mouthing them,i have a right to an opinion and freedom of speech)
i want my dog back

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

I have had a horrible experience with these ppl. I had proof of ownership of my dog and they gave it away or kept him for themselves...they said the real family picked him up...we were his family..so with pics. in hand of MY dog..they didnt know what to say except and i quote "there a many back there that need a home" and "he went to a good family" this was an inside dog who accidentaly got out and they wouldnt even tell me who had him...they should be ASHAMED
Dog

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

i want my dog back wrote:
I have had a horrible experience with these ppl. I had proof of ownership of my dog and they gave it away or kept him for themselves...they said the real family picked him up...we were his family..so with pics. in hand of MY dog..they didnt know what to say except and i quote "there a many back there that need a home" and "he went to a good family" this was an inside dog who accidentaly got out and they wouldnt even tell me who had him...they should be
ASHAMED
what kind of dog was it? We adopted an animal from there. If the dog belonged to someone I would hate to keep it from it's family.
Jennifer Keathley

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

it is very unfortunate that these things happen, but I would suggest that you keep tags on your animal (dog or cat) and have them microchipped. Then there is no denying that it is going to the right owners. And things may or may not go on there that aren't good, but for now it is the only place that some of the homeless animals have. We must look at it this way until there is a better place for them.
metoo

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

yeah they let my dog go to someone else too that said they were the owners haha that place and the people runnin it is a joke..and as for microchips were goin through a recession but can all afford micro chips cant we?? accidents happen,like your dog gettin out..dogs can be sneaky. And as for the proof of ownership bein denyed,the pound should have sense enough to check peoples proof of ownership before letting an animal go to a home that it doesnt go to! People are liers and someone out there has a dog that DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM!!! I hope you sleep really good at night knowing you lied to get an animal that dont belong to you!! we miss him and hope hes safe..well find you buddy!!
wilsons

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

looking 4 COOPER he was adopted out - a yellow lab- very loving and missed by his family.
Sorry

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

Sorry to hear that ur dog has been adopted out. We adopted a dog from there last week and a half ago. He has an appointment to get neutered and shots and full exam and a week later he is to be groomed. He is a big dog and was in very bad shape when we adopted him. He is aggressive with his food poor dog seems like he had to fight just to eat. He has gained some weight. If anyone is looking for their dog I would hate to keep him from his family let me know if ur dog has been adopted out last week or two. Description would be nice.
Lothar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

Sadly it is a low priority for the county. I would like to see them hire a professional crew there
COOPER

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Sorry wrote:
Sorry to hear that ur dog has been adopted out. We adopted a dog from there last week and a half ago. He has an appointment to get neutered and shots and full exam and a week later he is to be groomed. He is a big dog and was in very bad shape when we adopted him. He is aggressive with his food poor dog seems like he had to fight just to eat. He has gained some weight. If anyone is looking for their dog I would hate to keep him from his family let me know if ur dog has been adopted out last week or two. Description would be nice.
i thank u for adopting a pet first of all..ours was a yellow lab- very loving - not at all aggressive- it has been about 3 weeks ago...
Hope

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

NOT impressed. I can see how now the kill rate in that place would sky-rocket, because of people catching on to their "blatant rip-off scam" they USE the animals for. I'm so sorry to hear of the other poster that they SOLD their dog to someone else, with their LAME excuses. Despicable! When I read it, I was not surprised... why?...

It used to be it was $15 to adopt a pet, now it's $95!! They told me it was that high because it was to cover the cost of getting the pet spayed/neutered - the vet they contracted with is in Jellico (why not HERE??- so now you have to afford the gas and extra time to go back and forth on top of the rest). I asked, "Well, what if the animal is already fixed?" They said, "Well, we can't tell - only a vet can tell, and that's only when they go to do the surgery themselves. Some people come in and give up their pet to adoption and SAY the animal is fixed, but we can't just go by what they say." So I said, " Well, I have no clue the reputation of the vet you force adoptees to go to, and that THEY would tell the truth about if the animal had already been fixed, or not, and find out they had been, but lie about it and keep the money, or even split the money and kick half of it back to you people!"

Who has $95+ to trash on their "ethics", ignorant arrogant attitudes? Omg, the poor animals!!
missmydog

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

they told me it was the vet of your choice,maybe someone raised enough hell on them to make them switch from thier other vet. Also the "BOSS" lady up there toldme my dog would be held til i got the money for him,came in on the day i was supposed to get him and guess what..hes not there?? The boss woman let him go to his "real owners" and he was in a good hom. Those people showed zero proof of ownership and that lady know we were coming to get the dog..how low? To say the least i was mad,and she assured the dog went to a good home..who gives a dang MY DOG IS NOT HOME WITH ME WHERE IT SHOULD BE!! by the way if anyone on here knows anything about the legal stance on adopting dogs to so called owners with no proof of ownership please let me know. im tryin every way to find out who has my dog and maybe if the pound dont tell me and its something they are supposed to tell me i can call a lawyer.
***this is no threat to the dog pound of Campbell Copunty,if it needs to be done it needs to be done and i have a right to speak my mind. Im not bashing them nor threatning them***
Jennifer Keathley

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

I am not sure of the legal part of them giving your dog, but I do knw that it is against state laws to adopt out animals without them being spayed/neutered. I think they get around this cause they have you sign a contract that you will get it fixed. I would just call your lwyr and see what can be done
WhatHadHappened

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

They only keep them for 3 days then they kill them... That was DIRECTLY out of the ladies mouth that was there the last time i got a kitten there...She was very nice , and in no way mean , or harsh about it, that was just the fact of the matter. However... she really seemed to care about the animals and offered me a "good deal" on the other 2 from the same litter. I just did not have the room for 3 cats. It is a joke. I have had 2 dogs from there die because they were in such bad shape , and still aloud to be adopted out and put with the other animals. They need someone who is trained to care for animals working there... i agree, it is a joke... We also had to go to Jellico for the spay
Jennifer Keathley

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

well I tried to get a job there a few years ago cause I have a degree in veterinary technology, but they said that they could hire 2 or 3 people for what they could hire me for so I didn't get the job. plus I said that I would go retrieve the animals that the owners didn't keep their word on getting fixed. but in all I understand their standpoint. its just business to them. but I agree what had hapened they need trained people there
hmmm

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

Judged:

i think theyre heartless,theyre not mean in a straight forward way,its more like a haha ill be nice in a smart elic way..and they dont put the animals down anymore(so they say) they send them to places like new york and other places out of state..supposably!
Jennifer Keathley

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Judged:

well they do actually send puppies to the northern states, cause they have spay laws there so they r in need of puppies
huh

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Jennifer Keathley wrote:
well they do actually send puppies to the northern states, cause they have spay laws there so they r in need of puppies
Sorry, but that's crazy... no where is there a shortage of stray dogs/animals and those that surrender their pets to adopt out... and, who's stupid enough to believe that they would spend a single dime never mind $$$ to transport those dogs/puppies (and, so many sick! Ugh, don't get me started) to the northern states???... omg... LOL You can't even get them to go show up to pick up a stray dog, put it into their pickup and transport one mile back to their office!!
Jack

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Judged:

huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but that's crazy... no where is there a shortage of stray dogs/animals and those that surrender their pets to adopt out... and, who's stupid enough to believe that they would spend a single dime never mind $$$ to transport those dogs/puppies (and, so many sick! Ugh, don't get me started) to the northern states???... omg... LOL You can't even get them to go show up to pick up a
stray dog, put it into their pickup and
transport one mile back to their office!!
Sorry your the moron cause I know for a fact
they send people to New York, guess what New York paid for the trip!!!
no way

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Judged:

All I know is, is that to pay $95.00 for a pet that THEY don't/won't (have whatever excuses) give proof that it is healthy (they'll just SAY it is to get your money - too bad, so sad on YOU if it turns out for the worse!). So, if AFTER you get it home, you get the nasty surprise that it IS sick, and would be a fortune to get it healthy again (like life-saving surgery and or medicines and hospital stay), or that you have to put it down is sickening. You're out your money, the animal is innocent and sick/suffering, and you and the pet are broken hearted but THEY got your money... that's what THEY call business.

Better off rescuing an animal off the street yourself and taking that money and the animal to a vet you know you can trust, yourself!! At least the POUND would get your money and laugh all the way to the bank behind your back!

That's the way they are... just ACT all nice and stuff if you have to get in their faces (or that poster that they did so wrong about giving their dog away, then saying "Oh Well, sorry about ur luck. " OMG!), but GOOD people/business would work with you if you got a sick animal from them. They would CARE and have the animals looked over by a vet FIRST. Oh, but they say they don't have the money for that. At 95.00 a pet they charge???

Yeah, right! Ugh.. makes me SICK!!

PETA, and the STATE need to shut the place down FIRE the nastiness in there, and get a REAL professional 'care about the animals, good owners, and people" pound going!!
no way

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

^^^^^^^ I meant that at least the pound would NOT get your money...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of134
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the La Follette Forum right now

Search the La Follette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 15 min seriously 123,879
SSI ChEcK 53 min Sigh 4
The Real Sheirff Robbie Goins 1 hr Vote Gary Perkins 2014! 11
sno ball place 1 hr truth 3
Justin Swafford 6 hr wantin2kno 1
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr bob 8,504
bliss spa 13 hr too rough a week 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

La Follette Jobs

•••