First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just curious

United States

#1 Feb 20, 2010
Okay you hear about this but where is it and how do you get to it?? Is there alot of people that live there??
stoney fork

Wartburg, TN

#2 Mar 4, 2010
just curious wrote:
Okay you hear about this but where is it and how do you get to it?? Is there alot of people that live there??
go up by shoney go over the mountain its about 13 miles from caryvill and yes there alot of people thats lives over here including me
Lothar

AOL

#3 Mar 18, 2010
I would love to build some condos up there and sell it to toursits as a mountain retreat
Sharon

Wartburg, TN

#4 Mar 18, 2010
Sounds awesome, build those condos...would really help during "tourist season"...we wouldn't even have to check for sign or build a blind or a tree stand or anything. Just "boom" off their fancy lil gazebos... "woohoo look i got a wall hanger boys"..........
Lori

Franklin, TN

#5 Mar 18, 2010
Lots of good people live there, but lots of outsider hang around the mountain. So I don't think I would build anything, did you see the post. Morons!
Lothar

AOL

#6 Mar 19, 2010
Go figure some local yokel who is against progress and potential financial boons
Sharon

United States

#7 Mar 19, 2010
LOL...nope I've worked at a local motel for 5 years....its called "fed-up"
Sup

Franklin, TN

#8 Mar 19, 2010
Lothar wrote:
Go figure some local yokel who is against progress and potential financial boons
Yeah and we keep voting them in office...Rusty is from there. Hey Fed-up get a new job! Redneck, let me guess you are proud of that! I'm sure this redneck has never been out of TN! Backward
Candi

Franklin, TN

#9 Mar 19, 2010
Go south on I 75 all the condos you could ever want. Please leave this mountain alone.
If we don't what will are children have! Building no thank you!
Libby

Franklin, TN

#10 Mar 19, 2010
Keyword you work there.
Stony Fork

Oneida, TN

#11 Mar 19, 2010
LOL, I do live in Stony Fork,(and that is the correct spelling).... Just to set the record straight, most of this area is owned by TWRA, I don't think anyone will be buying any land here any time soon....For that I am very thankful, as for those of us blessed to live in a beauteous mountain area, we would love to see it kept the way it is. Why would we want our little piece of Heaven looking like Gatlinburg?...As for all the talk of "tourist trade" and financial boons,...temporay fixes...with permanent scars...
I can step onto my back porch, see elk, deer, bear, and turkey...If being proud of being a mountain girl, proud of where I come from, makes me "redneck"...then redneck I am...oh yes I have been "off the mountain" and I came back, willingly and hurriedly, to this, my HOME Stony Fork.
baby girl

Oneida, TN

#12 Mar 25, 2010
Stony Fork wrote:
LOL, I do live in Stony Fork,(and that is the correct spelling).... Just to set the record straight, most of this area is owned by TWRA, I don't think anyone will be buying any land here any time soon....For that I am very thankful, as for those of us blessed to live in a beauteous mountain area, we would love to see it kept the way it is. Why would we want our little piece of Heaven looking like Gatlinburg?...As for all the talk of "tourist trade" and financial boons,...temporay fixes...with permanent scars...
I can step onto my back porch, see elk, deer, bear, and turkey...If being proud of being a mountain girl, proud of where I come from, makes me "redneck"...then redneck I am...oh yes I have been "off the mountain" and I came back, willingly and hurriedly, to this, my HOME Stony Fork.
I wouldn't live anywhere else..
Lothar

AOL

#13 Mar 26, 2010
It is a gold mine waiting to be dug. In ten more years this area will be almost as popular as Sevier County.
mountain girl

United States

#14 Mar 26, 2010
Lothar wrote:
It is a gold mine waiting to be dug. In ten more years this area will be almost as popular as Sevier County.
I grew up in and around Stony Fork. Graduated from high school there. Very few things are still in there natural state and we need some of our beautiful and peaceful places to stay as they are and were meant to stay. Don't have anything to do with not wanting change.
baby girl

Oneida, TN

#15 Mar 27, 2010
mountain girl wrote:
<quoted text> I grew up in and around Stony Fork. Graduated from high school there. Very few things are still in there natural state and we need some of our beautiful and peaceful places to stay as they are and were meant to stay. Don't have anything to do with not wanting change.
I agree with you i graduated from there and i wish that the school wasn't close my little boy would have went there...
baby girl

Oneida, TN

#16 Mar 27, 2010
Sup wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and we keep voting them in office...Rusty is from there. Hey Fed-up get a new job! Redneck, let me guess you are proud of that! I'm sure this redneck has never been out of TN! Backward
I pretty sure that you can kiss everyone from the stoney fork community's redneck ass....And Rusty is doing a great job...
tolerates

Franklin, TN

#17 Mar 27, 2010
Lothar wrote:
Moron...TWRA is not going to do that!!!
This was said about Royal Blue...TWRA didn't let that happen!
Your just trying to get them upset...move on!
cupcaketwo

Franklin, TN

#18 Mar 27, 2010
baby girl wrote:
<quoted text>I pretty sure that you can kiss everyone from the stoney fork community's redneck ass....And Rusty is doing a great job...
Pretty sure everyone in stoney fork has seen you making a ass of yourself! Now what has Rusty done name one,and I will vote for him.
Lothar

AOL

#19 Mar 28, 2010
tolerates wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron...TWRA is not going to do that!!!
This was said about Royal Blue...TWRA didn't let that happen!
Your just trying to get them upset...move on!
I mean the Campbell COunty area in general. I want to see more condos, more tourists and more out of state money flowing into this area.
scorpio

Franklin, TN

#20 Mar 28, 2010
Your lake Yanks will be coming soon. Love when they stand in the way at Walmart! Love when they run over mailboxes and hog the road! Love that I can't fish cause of the boats!!!! We need Industrial Parks!!! Clinton has three now and their schools are no better than ours...fact Clinton High School is on the list now so are a couple of Oak Ridges. Something to think about come time to vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Watch your husbands.. Tasha Davis 25 min Mitch 16
Amanda Lay (Jul '15) 39 min Lisa S 117
Michelle hicks 3 hr Wondering 8
Randall Chiarini 9 hr Hmm 12
LaFollette estates 9 hr Juju Bean 2
Express Employment 9 hr lordotheflies 1
Drama 13 hr 661clintonboys 1

La Follette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance