Why I believe in God and reason you should too

Posted in the La Follette Forum

First Prev
of 95
Next Last
TrueBeliever

Kingston, TN

#1 Dec 13, 2011
Not attempting to start a fight, or debate, simply wanting to share my feelings on this subject. I have seen, and been involved in, a few threads on here, and most seem to always wind up as a debate on religion. I have spoken with a few, from Christians, to atheists, to agnostics, and ever wiccans, and have been called out several times on my beliefs of Christianity. I am a minister, and will in no way get into the name calling, bickering, or any heated debate. I am simply asking for everyone that has doubts we were created for God's use to watch the video I have linked. If you are unsure of God's existence, why not take 10 minutes out of your life to watch, it could change your way of thinking. I have been called "simple minded" by a few on here, for not believing in "scientific facts", and believing a fable. To those, I challenge you to watch this with an "open mind", and feel free to explain afterwards. But be warned, Darwin's theory is being disproved, and it is being done by science......

And if that got you interested, here is a slightly longer one, but better explains the concept....

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ALM

Tullahoma, TN

#2 Dec 13, 2011
Hello, I believe we have had conversations with the same people. They don't know any better. Its sad that we can't talk about our Jesus and lift up his name with out making people angry. The devil comes out almost everytime. I don't mind though. I love my Jesus and thank him for my many blessings. I don't put them on trial like they do christians. We all have sinned and come short of the glory. One day though we ALL shall bow before our maker. The nonbelievers will believe then. I may not always do the right thing but I love my Jesus. He has brougt me through so much. He has answered many prayers. I can tell story after story about what my Jesus has done for me. I have learned it was better to wait on Jesus's time then try to make things happen on my own. He has done so much for me and I will always give him the glory and praise for it. He and only him deserves the praise. Noone could have been responsible for my blessings. Thank you Jesus.
TrueBeliever

Kingston, TN

#3 Dec 13, 2011
So, so true. I was hoping to hear from you, really appreciate it. If we are not willing to stand up for God, who will?? I am hoping more and more Christians will take a stand. It is our duty, and honor, to let the world know what a GREAT saviour we serve. He does indeed deserve our praise(heck, he already has everything else). God bless. Keep up the GOOD fight.
Proselytize Elsewhere

Greenbrier, TN

#4 Dec 13, 2011
It is ridiculous to use this forum to share your religious beliefs. People around here have witnessed the horribly sad and true hypocrisy that goes on in every church in the county. Your message falls on eyes and ears who are sick of being fed lies from "pastors" and "preachers" in the pulpit who say one thing, pretend another, and live another something else entirely. Enough is enough.
EWONESS

Franklin, TN

#5 Dec 13, 2011
I believe in God, but I am a terrible sinner. I am preoccupied with his mercy.
Truth

Nashville, TN

#6 Dec 13, 2011
I never said I dont believe in God. I completely believe in God, what I dont believe in is the made up stories in a man made book that claim to be the "word of God" and the Jesus BS. Study religions, study history.
thats hypocritical

Nashville, TN

#7 Dec 13, 2011
Isn't the point of Christianity to have faith? Scientific proof is the opposite of faith. By trying to prove the existence of God, you are contradicting his message of Faith and belittling those people who follow him without the need for proof.
How many times have I see an atheist say "Show me proof" and a Christian reply "you don't need proof, you need faith"
ALM

Tullahoma, TN

#8 Dec 13, 2011
Like I said earlier, the devil comes out when we try to lift up our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ's name. You have your beliefs and I have mine. I have quit opening other topix that I have nothing to do with or don't like. So if you don't want to read about people lifting up Jesus's name then don't click on this topix. I know the devil and his children don't like Jesus or his children. We can never change that. I just pray for strength to deal with you people and I pray for God to convict your hearts and save your soul.
thats hypocritical

Nashville, TN

#9 Dec 13, 2011
Are you saying I don't believe in God? You're the one that needs to find proof, not me! I have total Faith, and don't see a reason to PROVE anything! You do. What does that say about YOUR faith?
uglyfatchicksput out

Pageland, SC

#10 Dec 13, 2011
So if a person says they don't believe in god then its okay for you to call them children of satan? But its not alright for somebody to say your crazy ass fairy tale book is total BS?? Yeah you sound like a "good christian"
TrueBeliever

Kingston, TN

#11 Dec 13, 2011
Wow, touchy crowd here. Why is it that people can click on topics where everyone is talking about this person being a terrible person, this being a terrible county, people that are freely sexual(for a lack of a better term), starting a satanic church, hottest guys/gals, anything under the sun, and people are fine to sit around and gossip about it....but mention God......You, any of you, can search any of my posts, and I have NEVER called out anyone, or tried to start anything, now I am told that this is not the place???? This is called topix, and this is simply my topic. If it offends you, so be it. And to answer the last poster, I need no proof, simply started this for the people that do. Once one comes to repentance, they need no further proof. I have lived a long time going on faith, and I could live a lot longer just talking about how AWESOME God is, and the grace, and most of all, mercy He has shown me. And to "Truth", that did get me riled up a little, and I truly pray that God will continue to show you mercy. I don't need to study any more religions(scribes and pharisees studied them for years),and we all know how righteous they were. If you truly do believe in God, and think the bible is "man made", and the Jesus stuff is BS, you better pray to your God that you are right, because according to the bible I believe in, that is DANGEROUSLY close to blasphemy, and I truly pray for your sake, that you don't go there, be careful what you say, and how you handle this stuff. It is truly a dangerous thing to fall into the hands of a just God. I am not trying to start anything, how many times do I have to make that point, without everyone getting all bent out of shape. Are there no adults on here that can have a decent, courteous discussion?? And to "Proselytize Elsewhere", I can't apologize for the past experiences you or anyone else may have, but like everything in this world, you can't paint the churches or members with that broad of a brush. Believe it or not, there are people that practice what they preach, at least they better. But back to the topic at hand, why isn't anyone commenting on the issue I presented? Seems like everyone wants to fuss about my personal beliefs, instead of confronting theirs. Strange how it is "safe" for everyone to attack a Christian's beliefs when they only have faith to go on...but throw a little scientific data..........
Soldier for Christ

Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 13, 2011
You can just look at creation and tell there is a God. man DIDN'T create the sun, moon, or stars!! man DIDN'T create mankind he didn't create the human brain or the human heart that scientist can't find out how they started working after a baby is born. humans DON'T have monkey babies or monkey's DON'T have human babies!! It's not hard to find God He just wants you to pray and ask for his help that's all!!! He loves you so much His love will set you free!!! He sent his only son to die for you so you won't go to a devil's hell. life DON'T make since without Him. i just ask if you don't know Him as savior to give him a chance!!! you have gave everything else a chance. just the fact that i'm writing this proves He loves and cares for you!!!
Just a suggestion

Nashville, TN

#13 Dec 13, 2011
"I truly pray that God will continue to show you mercy."

"I truly pray for your sake"

I think this is what is annoying people.. you keep saying it over and over.. how you feel sorry for people, how you'll pray for them.. But you shouldn't. None Christians choose to disbelieve the bible ( Which was made by men) and many have a very good life without God. I doubt these people need a self-righteous Christian feeling sorry for them. Just as I doubt you would want any of those wiccans or Muslims or whatever else praying for you, right?

I did watch both videos.. I'm curious what was cut out of them. I notices 2 spots on each one where something was cut out.. not a while lot, just a few seconds, I think, because it cuts the background music in the middle of an explanation or a sentence. But going on what was presented, which is not the whole video, I'd have to say it's BS. It's a group of people THEORIZING, the same as Darwin did. They assume there is no way for The Flagellum Motor to be produced over the course of thousands of years and trial and error. They have yet to prove that. So.. still, there is no proof of Intelligent Design.

You might want to try the Christian Topix forums.

http://www.topix.com/religion/christian
TrueBeliever

Kingston, TN

#14 Dec 13, 2011
The reason I pray for someone is for their benefit, nothing more, nothing less. I do feel sorry for people, and truly care about them. How does that make me self-righteous. God Himself knows I am in no means righteous, don't claim to be. One of the writers in the bible compared his righteousness as filthy rags, mine isn't that good. Not forcing beliefs on anyone, but like said, I do feel sorry for folks. And whether you choose to believe it or not, people do need others praying for them, and as a Christian, I am responsible to do so. And I do agree that people can have a fine life without God, just not a great future.......And I will keep praying, whether anyone wants me to or not, because I do care, and I will have to give an account to God someday, not man, but God.
TrueBeliever

Kingston, TN

#15 Dec 13, 2011
And also, thanks for the link to the Christian topix forum. I am not being sarcastic either, really hadn't seen it before, and like what I see so far. And about the flagellum, do a little research, 40 amino acids, all must have aligned at the same time, and the SCIENTIFIC community estimate that it take TRILLIONS of years for that to be possible......Hard to do so in a universe only a few BILLION years old....Don't take my word for it either, please do some research, it TRULY is amazing.
Soldier for Christ

Nashville, TN

#16 Dec 13, 2011
The Bible says in Genesis 1:24-25 that Jehovah God made everything after it's own KIND. and that is what it's still going on today. humans produce humans, animals produce animals!!!! Genesis chapter 1 verse 26 and God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. and you see that man has tamed every kind of animal that lives. in Genesis chapter 1 verse 27 says So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. which means we look like our creator we have his image and His likeness we produce male and female after our own kind.
Truth

Birmingham, AL

#17 Dec 13, 2011
thats hypocritical wrote:
Isn't the point of Christianity to have faith? Scientific proof is the opposite of faith. By trying to prove the existence of God, you are contradicting his message of Faith and belittling those people who follow him without the need for proof.
How many times have I see an atheist say "Show me proof" and a Christian reply "you don't need proof, you need faith"
No you idiot..."christianity " is based on faith. I believe in God because I dont believe all the circumstances and complexities of this world are just by chance. The idiotic religions based on God are the things based in blind BS faith, not the belief that this isnt all chance.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#18 Dec 13, 2011
TrueBeliever wrote:
The reason I pray for someone is for their benefit, nothing more, nothing less. I do feel sorry for people, and truly care about them. How does that make me self-righteous.
---Self-righteous : adjective:
confident of one's own righteousness, especially when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.----(from dictionary.com )

Seems you are the very definition of "self-righteous."
Digging a grave

Nashville, TN

#19 Dec 13, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No you idiot..."christianity " is based on faith. I believe in God because I dont believe all the circumstances and complexities of this world are just by chance. The idiotic religions based on God are the things based in blind BS faith, not the belief that this isnt all chance.
Um.. what? Reread what I posted, please? You're arguing against what I said with what I said and not making any sense at all.
Atheist

Knoxville, TN

#20 Dec 13, 2011
I am an atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 95
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mike starrett 2 hr just me 2
worst Tattoo Artist ever (Jan '13) 2 hr hep c 47
BURNT FOOD At QUICK STOP MARKET 3 hr abc 2
Jason McCarty 12 hr Trash 21
Rhonda Daugherty 14 hr justice fails 425
Horny girl 14 hr Cody 2
Dylan Emory 14 hr Cody 25
La Follette Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web