WaKeeney teen dies in rollover

Jun 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hays Daily News

A WaKeeney teenager was killed in a one-vehicle accident Tuesday afternoon. Anna Mae Bergquist, 14, was eastbound on J Road about 3/4 of a mile from the junction of J Road and U.S. Highway 283 just after 2 p.m. Tuesday when she lost control of the car she was driving.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2010
peanutbutter

Mankato, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

this is horrible, so young. Was she alone, or what? Why driving alont at 14? I just don't think 14 is old enough to drive, if they have drivers ed at that age. I don't know the age restrictions anymore. but so sad. i pray for her family.
Western Kansas

Hays, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Yes, it was terrible. She did have a farmer's permit and was legal to drive. She was on her way to cheer practice and no one else was with her. To my understanding, it wasn't anything she did and I think the car might have been to blame. No, she wasn't wearing a seat belt which could have possibly saved her. No one knows for sure. I think it depends on the person, but I think we push our kids to drive at a young age because of all the activities. At any rate, it was a terrible loss and one that will never be forgotten. If you got to know Anna, you would just love her friendly bubbly personality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

La Crosse Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

La Crosse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••