• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
4,641 - 4,660 of 6,001 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 7
gunowner

United States

#4840 Jan 18, 2013
I think the big picture is being missed buy a lot of people. It isn't the regulations that are threatening gun owners rights it is the politics. What type of guns are being banned and who is choosing the guns to be banned, someone in Washington who doesn't have a clue and is just picking guns that look evil. To be a little more specific one proposal is anything with a removable magazine ok but a Ruger 10-22 has a removable mag and is a standard for almost any hunter to have. Likewise with the number if rounds a gun can hold a Marlin model 60 another standard gun for hunters and target shooters doesn't have a removable but does hold 18 rounds. I also have a Mossburg bolt action 20 gauge with a removable mag but it only holds 2 rounds but it would fit under the "anything with a removable magazine" clause. Simple wording that can be highly restrictive to very common firearms is where the fear of losing are guns comes into play.
As for the stereotyped "Assault rifle " a semi-automatic is not a true assault rifle, a 20 round mag doesn't make a gun more deadly than a 10 or 5 round mag. The person pulling the trigger decides if one round is going to be deadly.
The other fear to some of the proposed legislation is when the government puts a name to a specific firearm it will open the door to more names being put on the list. This year it might be a AK-47 next year AR-15/10 the following year.......... I assume you get the idea.
As for my personal thoughts on the gun grabbers, just because you don't want guns that doesn't mean I shouldn't have guns. I don't smoke but I don't go around preaching and bitching at people who do. You have a choice to own or not to own so leave it at that.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4841 Jan 18, 2013
"a Marlin model 60 another standard gun for hunters and target shooters doesn't have a removable but does hold 18 rounds. " A .22, right?
Stop cherry picking. If you shot 20 people in rapid order you'd probably have one death and most of them could walk home. Automatic pistols, sorry, semi automatic pistols, cause the most damage.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4842 Jan 18, 2013
We need to at least try to close the re-sale loopholes.
just saying

Waverly, KS

#4843 Jan 18, 2013
650 people per year die from gun accidents. 10,000 people did from drunk driving.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4844 Jan 18, 2013
just saying wrote:
650 people per year die from gun accidents. 10,000 people did from drunk driving.
Killer whales swim in pods.
gunowner

United States

#4845 Jan 18, 2013
Door King wrote:
"a Marlin model 60 another standard gun for hunters and target shooters doesn't have a removable but does hold 18 rounds. " A .22, right?
Stop cherry picking. If you shot 20 people in rapid order you'd probably have one death and most of them could walk home. Automatic pistols, sorry, semi automatic pistols, cause the most damage.
Not cherry picking just saying how the simple wording could cause high restrictions on common rifles. And that "A.22 right? " statement kinda proves my point about not having a clue a AR-15 is just A .223 right? If gun grabbers and Washington want to ban certain types of guns they should do some homework first.
gunowner

United States

#4846 Jan 18, 2013
just saying wrote:
I had a similar thought myself. When a drunk driver kills a family we don't blame the car hell we don't even blame the alcohol we blame the PERSON who was driving drunk. But if you shoot someone they want to blame the GUN not the PERSON pulling the trigger.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4847 Jan 18, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> I had a similar thought myself. When a drunk driver kills a family we don't blame the car hell we don't even blame the alcohol we blame the PERSON who was driving drunk. But if you shoot someone they want to blame the GUN not the PERSON pulling the trigger.
The old "people kill people, guns don't kill people" dodge. All the while pretending alcohols' and cars' primary purpose, just like firearms, is to kill animals and humans. Like you gun extremist puppets were hard wired by your NRA masters to blurt it out when you hear the words "gun restrictions." Its a sad, lame argument.

Drunk people in cars kill people. Its a pathetic waste every time they do. What do drunk drivers have to do with limited firearm and magazine restrictions? Not a dayum thing! That red herring dodge didn't work the first time your boy Wayne La Pierre used it and it doesn't now. I'll give you a do-over, scaredy boy. Try again.

Admit it. You gun apologist extremist wieners are shaking in your shoes at the prospect that a law could be passed, keeping you from having your 20 rounds to my 6. Some of you guys must be terrible marksmen to need that 3 to 1 edge. Let's pity each and every one of you mewing, whiny little guys! Stay on the porch, little dogs!
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4848 Jan 18, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> Not cherry picking just saying how the simple wording could cause high restrictions on common rifles. And that "A.22 right? " statement kinda proves my point about not having a clue a AR-15 is just A .223 right? If gun grabbers and Washington want to ban certain types of guns they should do some homework first.
\

With a hell of a lot more velocity and a bigger bullet. Stop cherry picking.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4849 Jan 18, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> I had a similar thought myself. When a drunk driver kills a family we don't blame the car hell we don't even blame the alcohol we blame the PERSON who was driving drunk. But if you shoot someone they want to blame the GUN not the PERSON pulling the trigger.
They don't put guns in jail -- fail. Gawd, I miss DOS. If you love the car/gun analogy, accept licensing for pistol owners. Then you are responsible for whoever you run over. You would also face civil trial for the damage your gun causes.
two things

Junction City, KS

#4850 Jan 18, 2013
Guns are like women, can`t live with them, can`t live without them. Anybody who enjoys the freedoms that the US has to offer must realize those freedoms wouldn`t exist without guns.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4851 Jan 18, 2013
Ask the dead kids, two
gunowner

United States

#4852 Jan 18, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
The old "people kill people, guns don't kill people" dodge. All the while pretending alcohols' and cars' primary purpose, just like firearms, is to kill animals and humans. Like you gun extremist puppets were hard wired by your NRA masters to blurt it out when you hear the words "gun restrictions." Its a sad, lame argument.
Drunk people in cars kill people. Its a pathetic waste every time they do. What do drunk drivers have to do with limited firearm and magazine restrictions? Not a dayum thing! That red herring dodge didn't work the first time your boy Wayne La Pierre used it and it doesn't now. I'll give you a do-over, scaredy boy. Try again.
Admit it. You gun apologist extremist wieners are shaking in your shoes at the prospect that a law could be passed, keeping you from having your 20 rounds to my 6. Some of you guys must be terrible marksmen to need that 3 to 1 edge. Let's pity each and every one of you mewing, whiny little guys! Stay on the porch, little dogs!
I think you missed the point of what I said but that's ok I will let it slide since you have no idea where I stand on magazine restrictions. And wow you need six shots glad I don't hunt with you that many shots would scare all the game away. A little advise next time you're hunting dont waste ammo on bad shots slow down and wait for a good shot you will have better luck.
Jim

Ballwin, MO

#4853 Jan 18, 2013
Door King wrote:
<quoted text>
You drive a pickup don't you? Gawd, I miss DOS.
Come on now really no I don't but I do know what I am Talking about !! We are all created equal, we have rights given to us by God.
Jim

Ballwin, MO

#4854 Jan 18, 2013
Door King wrote:
I really don't think you understand something with 43% of American households having Firearms and your going tell us what we can or can't own in the end we will do the telling!! The law is on our side you see the Law Enforcement is with us on this one they know the truth!

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4855 Jan 18, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> I think you missed the point of what I said but that's ok I will let it slide since you have no idea where I stand on magazine restrictions. And wow you need six shots glad I don't hunt with you that many shots would scare all the game away. A little advise next time you're hunting dont waste ammo on bad shots slow down and wait for a good shot you will have better luck.
Kind of you to "let it slide." :) I don't need 6 shots to shoot game. A high level reading comprehension guy would've figured out I was referring to gun extremists' constant whining about needing semi-autos and high-count magazines for self-d. If I chose to hunt gun extremists (no sport there, so I don't), I'd need only 1 shot.
Jim

Ballwin, MO

#4856 Jan 18, 2013
You know obama is great for Guns sales, keep it up people are buying Guns & Ammo like crazy what do you think they are getting ready for the 4th of July hmmm oh maybe just a rainy day. Lot of first time buyers.
pawn stars

Hutchinson, KS

#4857 Jan 19, 2013
wait till these geniuses figure out they have paid 2 grand for a 200 dollar gun they dont need,good for business, LOL
truth is funny

Junction City, KS

#4858 Jan 19, 2013
Obmamaphile wrote:
Only killers and killer wannabes carry guns. Interesting to see the weird flights of logical fantasy that the neocon right wingers use to try to justify their culture of glorifying gun violence.
Another weird flight of ligical fantasy would be to define all gun owners as killers and killer wannabes.

Interesting to see the ignorant leftist logic.

http://democratsforgunownership.org/

http://democratgunownersofamerica.org/

I guess that means that 32% of Democrats are killers and wannabe killers since that is the percentage that own guns.

The Democrats own almost as many guns as the Independents with 35%.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4859 Jan 19, 2013
gunowner wrote:
But the person owning the car is responsible for the damages in civil court.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Crosse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 19 min Watcher 276
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Sun The Kangaroo 203
KS Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '14 livin on a prayer 690
KS Who do you support for Attorney General in Kans... (Oct '10) Feb '14 The Kangaroo 174
The best free onli ne dating website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ashlie Rosenstein 1
KS Who do you support for Treasurer in Kansas in 2... (Oct '10) May '13 The Kangaroo 13
KS Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Kansas in... (Oct '10) Apr '13 rules and regs 128
•••
•••
•••

La Crosse Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

La Crosse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

La Crosse News, Events & Info