Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

blown cover

Junction City, KS

#4799 Jan 16, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>Manning is just another traitor who violated his signed oath to not reveal secrets. How many people have been harmed by him his deeds. There are always reasons for operational secrects. Look what happened to the Doctor who gathered intel on Bin Laden. He's sitting in a Pakastani prison for his role in the operation. Bet he wished his name had been kept secret. Someone blew his cover.
Didn`t hear you complain when Valerie Plame was outed by your crooked, dastardly idols.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4800 Jan 17, 2013
Dick wrote:
<quoted text>Try this BS on for size. At night when most home invasions happen, there are fewer cops on duty, I don't care what city you live in.
They can't be everywhere; it doesn't matter how well trained they are and how many of them there are.
How big a police force are you willing to pay for? 25..100..200..?
An armed citizenry is a safe citizenry. Safe from thugs.
Gunphuques will never understand that having a gun in the home, especially a loaded pistol, places them in way more danger than they are from a home invasion. Your chances of shooting yourself or a loved one are over 40 times greater than the chance that you'll ever use the gun in self defense. Good doors and locks are the most effective way to prevent home invasions. A good police force protects you by taking criminals off the street. Having a gun, and brandishing it at an invader is the dumbest thing you can do as the invader is probably armed too. As soon as you take that pistol out, you've increased your chances of being shot. If you want to die over some junk jewelry, be my guest.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4801 Jan 17, 2013
Most home invasions occur when you open the door. Unless you are standing there with a gun in your hand, your weapon becomes useless. Burglars case you home and wait until you are gone when they force entry. Your statistical chance of defending against a break-in when you are home is tiny indeed. Puff out your chests all you want, but you have to wonder about people who don't feel safe in their own homes without a weapon. They aren't very likely to resist a government is my guess.

You are hundreds of times more likely to increase you safety by buckling your seat belts. The trouble with gunphuques is that they are defending against the wrong dangers; getting a flu shot is way more effective as is spending that gun and F350 money on proper nutrition for your children.

“Conscience of the Heartland”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#4802 Jan 17, 2013
blown cover wrote:
<quoted text>Didn`t hear you complain when Valerie Plame was outed by your crooked, dastardly idols.
Actually Plame was outed by the late Robert Novak, a neoconservative columnist, after he was fed the information by Dick Cheney's aide Scooter Libby. I loved the Washington Monthly cover illustration after that of Novak at a beach resort in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and black socks drinking a cocktail, titled "Bob in Paradise," a parody of the illustration on the cover of David Brooks' book "Bobos in Paradise".

Junction City KS

#4803 Jan 17, 2013
Door King wrote:
Most home invasions occur when you open the door. Unless you are standing there with a gun in your hand, your weapon becomes useless. Burglars case you home and wait until you are gone when they force entry. Your statistical chance of defending against a break-in when you are home is tiny indeed. Puff out your chests all you want, but you have to wonder about people who don't feel safe in their own homes without a weapon. They aren't very likely to resist a government is my guess.
You are hundreds of times more likely to increase you safety by buckling your seat belts. The trouble with gunphuques is that they are defending against the wrong dangers; getting a flu shot is way more effective as is spending that gun and F350 money on proper nutrition for your children.
Guns are only needed as home protection for drug lords, battered spouses, and those on the FBI's most wanted list.

The paranoid ideation stems from an unrealistic concept of "bad guys" in folklore of the sterotypical second-story men like Mickey Mouse Comics's "the Beagle Boys" who wore opera masks, striped dugree prison uniforms, and were always sneaking in to steal fine china and candelabras. I doubt we've had burglaries like that since just about never.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4804 Jan 17, 2013
I've had a break in, but to a home I wasn't living in. The only things I've had stolen were items I forgot to secure. The only Item I would kill someone over was the McGregor cue stick.I purchased a pistol once, but only after a neighbor threatened my life about a dozen times. The pistol didn't do me an ounce of good but the internet did. I found out he owed back child support, turned him in, and he lost his home. He was a gunphuque, too. And a drunk, like many of the posters here. Note how their typing declines after 8 p.m. I can understand the paranoia. I wouldn't blame anyone for keeping a loaded pistol in a drawer with a three number push button combination lock by the bed. I have nothing against even owning assault rifles, but if you do, you'd better be able to demonstrate safe storage, training, background checks for all who live with you, and you have to account for it if asked.

Gunphuques are constantly comparing cars with guns in matters of lethality. I would point out that car owners are responsible for the damage caused by their cars even if the car is driven by someone else. They constantly evade responsibility for damage caused by guns when the guns they sell at shows and in private trades are used by someone else.

Most of these people are trading in some area, reloads, bullet casting, gun-smithing, and they don't give a damn who they sell to. Some are simply hobbyists, as obsessed as model aircraft makers. Guns are fascinating and historic, but I suspect if regulation takes the money out of the back door trading, most of their interest will dry up.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4805 Jan 17, 2013
What will really be great is when Obama closes the gun show and private sale loopholes. That $100,000 collection of Chinese firearms will become scrap metal. That's what they really fear.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4806 Jan 17, 2013
http://blurt-online.com/features/view/1309/

Best singer-songwriter in america.
Midnight Roamer

Oskaloosa, KS

#4807 Jan 17, 2013
"The Kangaroo"
No....rats are rodents" or gnawing mammals.

I rest my case....
Midnight Roamer

Oskaloosa, KS

#4808 Jan 17, 2013
Door King wrote:
I've had a break in, but to a home I wasn't living in. The only things I've had stolen were items I forgot to secure. The only Item I would kill someone over was the McGregor cue stick.I purchased a pistol once, but only after a neighbor threatened my life about a dozen times. The pistol didn't do me an ounce of good but the internet did. I found out he owed back child support, turned him in, and he lost his home. He was a gunphuque, too. And a drunk, like many of the posters here. Note how their typing declines after 8 p.m. I can understand the paranoia. I wouldn't blame anyone for keeping a loaded pistol in a drawer with a three number push button combination lock by the bed. I have nothing against even owning assault rifles, but if you do, you'd better be able to demonstrate safe storage, training, background checks for all who live with you, and you have to account for it if asked.
Gunphuques are constantly comparing cars with guns in matters of lethality. I would point out that car owners are responsible for the damage caused by their cars even if the car is driven by someone else. They constantly evade responsibility for damage caused by guns when the guns they sell at shows and in private trades are used by someone else.
Most of these people are trading in some area, reloads, bullet casting, gun-smithing, and they don't give a damn who they sell to. Some are simply hobbyists, as obsessed as model aircraft makers. Guns are fascinating and historic, but I suspect if regulation takes the money out of the back door trading, most of their interest will dry up.
Just like alcohol did during prohibition. Like drug laws stopped illegal drugs, drug free zones keeping drugs away from schools. Gun free zones keeping guns out of schools. Laws about driving without insurance makes sure every driver has insurance. Those are working really good aren't they. Let them keep making laws they can't enforce, take away our guns, then China will be able to collect all the money Obama owes them. And he really don't care, he will go back to Africa.
gunowner

United States

#4809 Jan 17, 2013
I just love all the post by the no guns will make you safe crowd. I would bet most gun owners don't have guns for protection I know I don't. My guns are for hunting and sport shooting and are locked in my gun safe at all times unless while in use. So would one of the gun grabbers on here pleased tell my why should my rights to buy and sell guns be in question. This is the main reason most gun owners have an issue with new gun regulation and restriction. As for the idea of being responsible fir the actions of someone I sell a gun to how is that my problem? When I do and it isnt often I only sell to someone I know who can and has already passed multiple background checks. Its kinda simple don't sell to someone you don't know. As for the responsibility of their actions are you responsible for the action of a car you might have sold to someone else?
gunowner

Hutchinson, KS

#4810 Jan 17, 2013
like a car, good idea, license guns just like cars, sell through the court house, pay sales tax same day of sale, license yearly, great idea.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4811 Jan 17, 2013
Midnight Roamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like alcohol did during prohibition. Like drug laws stopped illegal drugs, drug free zones keeping drugs away from schools. Gun free zones keeping guns out of schools. Laws about driving without insurance makes sure every driver has insurance. Those are working really good aren't they. Let them keep making laws they can't enforce, take away our guns, then China will be able to collect all the money Obama owes them. And he really don't care, he will go back to Africa.
One falacy: you can't grow guns. They can be traced.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4812 Jan 17, 2013
"So would one of the gun grabbers on here pleased tell my why should my rights to buy and sell guns be in question."

Because you sell to criminals? No background check remember.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4813 Jan 17, 2013
Don't take away the guns; dry up the market.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4814 Jan 17, 2013
"When I do and it isnt often I only sell to someone I know who can and has already passed multiple background checks"

Then you should have no objection to another background check. They could be conducted for a small fee through a licensed firearms dealer, and the sale reported just as sales are reported by licensed dealers. Then, you are no longer responsible for what happens. Don't comply and the seller is responsible, at least in civil court, for the damages caused, just as is the seller of an automobile if he does not report the sale. You have no right to sell arms; you have a right to bear and keep arms subject to reasonable regulations.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4815 Jan 17, 2013
Also, we need to end the restrictions of data bases. If a man buys 100 rifles or Glock pistols the government should have a right to ask him where they are, and arrest and jail him if he can't account for them. This would end the traffic across state lines to elude local and state regulations. And we should let the CDC do and publish studies relating to damage caused by guns.
Josh

Oklahoma City, OK

#4816 Jan 17, 2013
Those bullets are designed for personal protection. And I don't fear a home invasion because I do have firearms in my house.

Junction City KS

#4817 Jan 17, 2013
Josh wrote:
Those bullets are designed for personal protection. And I don't fear a home invasion because I do have firearms in my house.
Yeah, those are happening to non-gun owners several times a month.
Jim

Ballwin, MO

#4818 Jan 18, 2013
Door King wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunphuques will never understand that having a gun in the home, especially a loaded pistol, places them in way more danger than they are from a home invasion. Your chances of shooting yourself or a loved one are over 40 times greater than the chance that you'll ever use the gun in self defense. Good doors and locks are the most effective way to prevent home invasions. A good police force protects you by taking criminals off the street. Having a gun, and brandishing it at an invader is the dumbest thing you can do as the invader is probably armed too. As soon as you take that pistol out, you've increased your chances of being shot. If you want to die over some junk jewelry, be my guest.
Why do you keep pushing your Lies, so what you are saying is that people shoot themselves or family more than people break into houses really !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Crosse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The best free onli ne dating website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ashlie Rosenstein 1
Kansas is tough on poor people who need food st... (Oct '11) Mar '13 WOW 22
Attorneys and Judges (Mar '12) Mar '12 waz up 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - La Crosse, KS (Aug '11) Aug '11 john 1
Escaped sexual predator found hiding in Rush Co... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Nancy 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Osama bon Jovi 20
Rush Co. authorities make arrest after manhunt (Feb '10) Feb '10 the rambling stra... 1
La Crosse Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

La Crosse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NBC Sports 3:16 AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton