United States

#2 Aug 21, 2010
Plenty, don't send them there.
Steve

Springfield, MO

#3 Sep 5, 2010
campos wrote:
Plenty, don't send them there.
Can you please provide some more input. I am trying to find out for sure and your comment really doesn't help. I would like specifics.
kim

West Plains, MO

#4 Jul 17, 2011
i have a son there He had 4 breathes a min when i found him 5 minutes more and he would have been gone..He stold anything he could to get his fixed .he was as low as he could get he had been to rehabs and jail and nothing helped him He went in oct of last year has over 4 thousand dollars saved goes to church pays his bills and is doing wonderful we go see him every month and the place is to me a life saver becuz it did actually save my son everyone is different and you just have to read up on it but i have watched 15 graduations of the men and women and everyone of them said it has saved them..there is going to be bad reports in everything we do but there are great things too
Left at 17

Owosso, MI

#5 Jan 4, 2012
There is an active discussion on this topic
go here
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/newark-mo/TLL...
Anonymous

Springfield, MO

#6 Nov 1, 2012
This is an absolutely horrible place. I spent a year there with my entire family back in 2000. It was the worst experience of my life. The staff do not care about you a all. My parents originally sent my sister there because she was being rebellious and they didn't know how to handle her. They should have received counseling or something, anything but send her/us there. We ended up staying with her and they split our entire family us, saying we all needed help. It was heart breaking. My brothers were all split up and sent to live with a family, who physically abused them, but they were too afraid to talk about it. And my sisters and I were slit up as well. My parents were aso separated into different recovery programs, which my parents didn't need to recovery from anything. My parents or any of us children, including my sister had done alcohol or drugs ever. My parents needed guidance on how to deal with my sister, not on how to recovery.
I hate this place, with all my heart, and I am a Christ follower.This place does not exude Christ's love, instead it follows the philosphy of continual punishment. The school was not a good experience either. They separate the guys and girls in the classroom and you're not allowed to talk to each other or have any interactions with each other either in school or out of school. It's basically a prison. We ended up leaving when another family who had once been there helped us to realize the evil therein. I think my parents were brainwashed into thinking they had all these problems which is why they stayed. I didn't find out what happenned to my brothers until years later. My little sister who was about 5 at the time, would pee in the bed sometimes, which I believe is a symptom of the familial split, and the director of our girl's home would give her cold showers in the morning, with her clothes on as punishment. That happenned a lot. I cry as I think about the abusive way these people treated individuals there. I can't believe any parent would resort to this. Another reviewer is right, there were a lot of kids I knew who had been adopted from Russia and then just left there, as if it wasn't their responsibility to raise their own children. This place harms families and does not promote recovery.
quincy

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 18, 2012
I went there years back I would never go back . two weeks in my fatherpassed away back home ...(notified by staff) I was told that I couldnt leave to attend his funeral cause there were no buses leaving out for another two weeks later that same night A overnight staff came to my room approx. 11pm and requested to see him in the office he then told me that I was lied to and that theirs a bus leavin out of quincy (trailways) He told me to grab as much as i could and "sneak" out the back door walk down the dirt road and wait by the abandon junkyard located a few mile down and he'll come to pick me up...it was very cold that night and I admit i was afraid, but i had to get home! acting on emotion I replied...30 mins had passed and then i was picked and driven to Quincy I arrived in Quincy around 2:30 3:00 am trailways didnt open til 9:00 the driver told me "Im sorry but i gotta go" ....so he left I had to find a salvation army for shelter and i did, but was unable to enter until i get processed thru the police dept...and i did case in point i miss my fathers funeral had my belongings stolen ect...one of my biggest worst situation i have ever had to go thru I WOULD NEVER GO BACK EVER!
Dsh

Glenpool, OK

#8 Apr 9, 2013
I was 35 years old when I ended up there after trying all else,the organization that it gives u in ur life is a great way to get on the right track, I graduated after 18 mths and then stayed for two years until it was time to move on. Yes. I recommend !
Jennifer

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#9 Apr 8, 2014
Wow I'm now even more confused on if this is a good decision for me and my family to try and get help here :/
Sally

Maricopa, AZ

#10 Jun 7, 2014
Heartland saved my sons life. He had been in and out of prison most of his life. A meth addict. Now, 3 years later, my son is happy, healthy, and drug free. I highly recommend it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Belle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rutledge College (Aug '06) Oct '14 Ella 82
Heartland Christian School (Oct '12) Aug '14 Minnie S 4
Puppy Mills (Jun '08) Apr '14 PV Mall Puppy Mill 2 22
nope (Feb '13) Feb '14 Bus driver 2
Review: Blessing Center (Aug '13) Nov '13 sad 5
Is there a new bar & grill in town? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Wanting info 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Mar '12 Johnny 28
La Belle Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web