Family of man killed by SWAT officers...

Family of man killed by SWAT officers files lawsuit

There are 2 comments on the Austin American Statesman story from Mar 11, 2008, titled Family of man killed by SWAT officers files lawsuit. In it, Austin American Statesman reports that:

The family of a man fatally shot by SWAT team members in February 2006 is suing Hays County and the City of San Marcos in federal court over his death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American Statesman.

TXMedic

Austin, TX

#1 Mar 12, 2008
OK people, This is ridiculous.
1. He was in a stolen vehicle.
2. He was under the influence of illegal substances.
3. His actions attempted to take the life of Police officers.

I am sorry for the family of the deceased, but if anyone tries to take the life of a public servant, and they retaliate, I would think twice before pointing the finger of blame. Granted they have a higher standard to answer to,but when they feel their life is in danger (and I would consider a vehicle coming at me a threat) they have every right to defend themselves.

Ladies, please admit to yourselves that he did not follow the instructions of the officers. His decisions that day were reckless, and unfortunately resulted in his death.

These officers have to make split-second decisions to make sure that they go home to their families. And I believe that they made the right decision, considering the circumstances.

And lastly if you are suing in federal court to settle and get financial gain, you do not appreciate your public servants.
scott

Commerce City, CO

#2 Mar 17, 2008
He should fry!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Lewis Lee Neighbors Jun 13 Monica and Patrick 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
has anybody seen jeremy vieyra?? (Aug '12) May '16 Lil_biscuit 7
Friday May '16 Lil_biscuit 3
Uhland Music Thread (Dec '15) May '16 Musikologist 3
Looking for Contact Info May '16 Interested People 1
Looking For Vince Martinez May '16 Mike Myers 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kyle Mortgages