Bethlehem teacher charged with sexual abuse of teen

An East Hills Middle School teacher, once honored with a Disney American Teacher Award, now faces sexual abuse charges involving a 14-year-old boy. Read more
mad as hell parent

Folcroft, PA

#23 Feb 19, 2009
and this is where our tax money is going to teacher like that get there back around ever yr not like we dont pay yall good school tax . wake up basd parent as i am one . how can we fell our hild is safe .
WVU

Morgantown, WV

#24 Feb 19, 2009
wow I am shocked as a former Monagacci student of his. He was a very awesome teacher. What a shame.
Olga Gee

Greensboro, NC

#25 Feb 19, 2009
Mr. Ritter was my hero. I had him in 7th grade. Monagacci was what his class was called. 11th Generation. He was the greatest teacher I've ever had to this day. This is shocking. I cant even believe Ritter would do something like this. I never once got that vibe from him. He was seriously my hero. This is absolutely heartbreaking. He would take all 57 of us on camping trips and teach us the coolest things. I'm just completely and utterly shocked.
Gun carrier

Nazareth, PA

#26 Feb 19, 2009
Brett - now when you say he touched so many lives in a positive way, what exactly are you talking about.
mom of his victim

Schnecksville, PA

#27 Feb 19, 2009
No words can ever explain the pain that I and my family are going thru at this time.Everyone is entitled to their opinion but until you have experienced the trama and pain of your child reaching out but no where to go,please limit your remarks to yourself.
frank capozzi

Hellertown, PA

#28 Feb 19, 2009
i was a student of ritters this man changed my life, he never once said anything innapropriate. you can all sit here on this blog and put him down but you can find 20 students for every one harsh comment that will tell you that he was a good man.
shocked student

United States

#29 Feb 19, 2009
I went to east hills so i know who mr. ritter is and although i didnt have him in 7th grade i have heard he was a pretty cool guy and so for me to hear about this was pretty shocking. I just cant believe that he did that and this one girl who lives by me actually had mr. ritter this year because she is in the monagacci program.
WowHeLooksLike

Quakertown, PA

#31 Feb 19, 2009
DIETER!

NOW IS THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN WE DANCE!

Gives a new meaning to "would you like to touch my MOnkey!!!!
God forgive him

Whitehall, PA

#32 Feb 19, 2009
because he ain't going to get any slack in the slammer!
I hope they have him on suicide watch, and I hope the student is getting the help he needs.
This is just so bad any way you cut it. Two lives ruined.
Dont-touch-me

Bethlehem, PA

#33 Feb 19, 2009
Unfortunately, it's the nice, good man who spends a lot of time with kids that you need to watch out for. Not just the man in the dark alley or stranger in the park. Parents need to teach their kids that anyone is capable of taking advantage of them and that's what makes it so shocking and sad everytime it happens. Everybody is somebody's good neighbor.
friend

Morgantown, WV

#34 Feb 19, 2009
i'm not going to judge yet either. i want to see how this plays out. i was one of his students as well years back and i NEVER would think he's capable of this. i have to wait and see if its true. if it is i would be SHOCKED.
hccgrl

Allentown, PA

#35 Feb 19, 2009
Jose ruiz cora perez col wrote:
actually Puerto Ricans are worse and known for this type of behavior, usually among family.<quoted text>
i'm sorry but i dont think it has anything to do with race or ethnicity.

we've seen it happen with white blacks hispanics male and female, our youth, rich and poor.
Piss Poor Parenting

Allentown, PA

#37 Feb 19, 2009
Why would parents let their children go with a strange man alone. Sick guy and sad parents. They will probaly say I never imagined this could happen to my child, but this is the sick world we live in. You can't trust your children in the hands of others i.e priest, doctors, military, teachers, neighbors, so called friends, cub scout leaders, certain family members, every type of profession or race has a few mentally jacked up people. Speak with your kids so they are not scared to speak to you about anything and everything that is going on. Warn your kids of the evils that exist in this sick demented world we call home!!!!!

“BETHLEHEM STAND UP ”

Since: Feb 07

HARLEM USA

#38 Feb 19, 2009
yuk. reminds me of Teddy Bear at South Mountain. This is just plain sickening.
comment

Korea

#39 Feb 19, 2009
Let me explain something, this is the MO of these types of perpetrators. They are the good guy and very active with children, but for a few UNLUCKY ones, they become their quiet favorites.

When I was a kid we had a football coach at Allentown A's. This guy was tough Korean War veteran. He lived a solid middle class life in Whitehall Township donated his time to the inner city youth coaching 100lb football. Seemed like an upstanding guy.

Then 20/20 breaks a story about him while I am in college about how he had his "favorites" also. Same MO, taking them for personal visits to his home, giving them presents, molesting them, etc. It turned out he did this over a 20 years period and the number of molested boys was something like over 100.

The MO is it is typically an insecure boy with an uninvovled family that they prey upon. I don't know this Mr. Ritter, but single, white guys, wearing glasses and hanging out at Boy Scout camps should be a clue that something isn't right.
happytimes

Phillipsburg, NJ

#40 Feb 19, 2009
Apparently he touched man a student in a special place, er..I mean way.

These guys are good at trolling and looking for the slightest sign of weakness, then bang out comes the flute.
riverdeepmountai nhigh

Kempton, PA

#41 Feb 19, 2009
Just a bit of correction here. Camp Trexler is no where near Kunkletown....maybe the Morning Call should use google earth? Or a new reporter,,lots of people need jobs- now is the time to upgrade your staff MC.
riverdeepmountai nhigh

Kempton, PA

#42 Feb 19, 2009
mad as hell parent wrote:
and this is where our tax money is going to teacher like that get there back around ever yr not like we dont pay yall good school tax . wake up basd parent as i am one . how can we fell our hild is safe .
Oh my, I see you didn't use yall's tax dollars when you went to school, or didn't your school have more that 3 grades?
jobless_again

United States

#43 Feb 19, 2009
Piss Poor Parenting wrote:
Why would parents let their children go with a strange man alone. Sick guy and sad parents. They will probaly say I never imagined this could happen to my child, but this is the sick world we live in. You can't trust your children in the hands of others i.e priest, doctors, military, teachers, neighbors, so called friends, cub scout leaders, certain family members, every type of profession or race has a few mentally jacked up people. Speak with your kids so they are not scared to speak to you about anything and everything that is going on. Warn your kids of the evils that exist in this sick demented world we call home!!!!!
Sure you haven't left anybody out of your rant?
Mr R

United States

#44 Feb 19, 2009
I count Mr. Ritter as a friend and I admire him for all the good that he did for his students. He's innocent until proven guilty, as far as I'm concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kunkletown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vaccine pros and cons: Palmerton mother... Mar 2 anothervoice 76
Palmerton Elementary School Teacher Fired Feb 27 crayz8 3
Parole Officer Accused of Sexual Harassment Feb '15 John Marchetti 1
olde saylors inn Feb '15 Prandolph 4
News Dobias will head St. Patrick's... Feb '15 2hands in theBut 6
airgas spec products Feb '15 ghroscoe 4
John Marchetti Back In Jail! (Apr '11) Jan '15 John Marchetti 17
Kunkletown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web