Girl Dies at amusment park

Posted in the Kulpmont Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Jay

Blackwood, NJ

#1 Jul 30, 2007
Can anyone find me a link or info on the kid who died from the rattle snake bite at Knobels?
Barb

Stevens, PA

#2 Jul 31, 2007
hey I'm looking for the same info if you find it can you let me know?

[email protected]

Thanks
Tonya

Franklin, PA

#3 Jul 31, 2007
Hey I would like to know also..... Contact me @ [email protected] Why is being all hush hush????
Locust Township PD

Hazleton, PA

#4 Aug 1, 2007
Our Police Department provides police service at Knoebels. We also respond to all medical calls at the park. In the seven years I have been the Chief of Police there have been no snake bite incidents investigated or reported. I find this park to be one of the cleanest and well maintained parks I have visited. I know if the owners where aware of any hazards in the park the problem would be taken care of immediately. [email protected]
Pat

East Orange, NJ

#5 Aug 1, 2007
This rumor is all over even in millersburg, I was just at the park yesterday and asked every person who worked the rides we went on and they all said it was rumor and that was it. It did not happen they said.
Donna

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2007
I was looking for the same thing I was just told this morning off my sister that it was in the tea cups. I live 20 minutes from the park and I take the kids there and didn't hear of this happening. The park is always clean and I never heard of anything happening like this as far as a kid.
April

Hazleton, PA

#7 Aug 2, 2007
I too have heard about the snake bite killing a child while on a ride. PLEASE tell me this is not true! Does anyone have info? I live almost 3 hours away and many people have heard of this incident. I was planning on taking my son, but now I'm thinking twice.
Tiffany

Kingston, PA

#8 Aug 2, 2007
I took my children to Knobels on the supposed day this happened. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary other than the lines being alot longer than I have ever seen them. This rumor pops up every few years or so. Snakes feel all the vibrations and I doubt that a snake would go towards sucha huge amount of vibration like that created by not only the rides, but the constant movement of everybody visiting the park.
InTheKnow

Elysburg, PA

#10 Aug 5, 2007
Listen, you collection of geniuses, this is an urban legend common to many amusement areas. Go to www.snopes.com & search amusement park snakebite. You will find a story about Fast Food ball pits & snakes. Read to whole article to see a reference to amusement areas. Check the footnotes to see an article from 1991! about the rumor at Knoebels Groves.
PAmom

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Aug 5, 2007
I've been searching for this too after hearing about this incident from a family member. My family member knows someone who owns an amusement ride company 'Fun Time entertainment" which is how she heard of this incident. Because of the connection I somehow believe this may be true. I guess there is the possibility that it's not true, but I think there are many amusement park accidents that are just not published.
hello my name is sam

Berwick, PA

#12 Aug 5, 2007
it could have happen mean like think about it there r trees and dirt the snake could have been in a pipe of the ride. snakes do go near people they hurt us before we can hurt them cus they think we r ganna hurt snakes i like snakes but not when it comes to killin people i dont but it could have happen never dout something like that never itll bite u in the ass if u do
Amanda

Kingston, PA

#13 Aug 5, 2007
eveyone is saying its a rumor about the girl dying but all rumors start with a little truth to them so what happened?!?
Nicole

Danville, PA

#14 Aug 6, 2007
I heard this rumor just last night from a good friend of mine. I was actually at the park the evening this supposedly happened, but nothing seemed off. I believe it this truly happened it would be in the local newspapers.
John

Hazleton, PA

#15 Aug 6, 2007
Hasn't this happened before when another person got bit by a snake?
InTheKnow

Elysburg, PA

#16 Aug 7, 2007
This is what's frustrating about these kinds of stories, all of you knuckleheads want to believe them. There are all kinds of proof that it didn't happen but you keep spreading the story. CHECK WITH THE STATE - NO ONE HAS DIED FROM A SNAKEBITE IN PA IN DECADES!
Ccminis

Ephrata, PA

#17 Aug 7, 2007
I just heard this too (aug 7) like it happened yesterday - I hate to share stories until I read them myself. We have a place an hour from Knoebels and just saw 2 5' rattlers - so I was apt to believe it but still wanted to check. ...
Jen

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Aug 8, 2007
I heard about this last night- I was told it happened in the Rocket ride.... I was also told everything is HUSH HUSH why I have no idea- but if this is true they should make everyone aware of this... I was there a month ago and arrived before they opened and I know for a fact the workers at the ride my children went on did not do any sort of checking the rides on the inside for anything..... Makes you think twice about going....
InTheKnow

Elysburg, PA

#19 Aug 9, 2007
For Jen, you're wrong. Every ride is inspected inside and out every morning by a licensed mechanic. Just because it didn't happen in front of you doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why waste the effort, you people are too lazy to verify anything and too willing to believe any piece of hogwash thrown your way. I fear for America. It's increasingly a country to lazy, ill-informed buffoons.
Jen

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Aug 9, 2007
InTheKnow wrote:
For Jen, you're wrong. Every ride is inspected inside and out every morning by a licensed mechanic. Just because it didn't happen in front of you doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why waste the effort, you people are too lazy to verify anything and too willing to believe any piece of hogwash thrown your way. I fear for America. It's increasingly a country to lazy, ill-informed buffoons.
It is plain to see- your just an idiot:):) And I don't beleive a certified mechanic walks around and inspects every ride every morning- My cousin worked there and it is a known fact that maybe they are suppose to do this- but they DONT and I know I did not see them do this and I was there 2 hrs. before they opened.......and maybe this country is going to sh**t because of people like you who think they know everything and know NOTHING......
InTheKnow

Danville, PA

#21 Aug 9, 2007
Jen, You are a complete moron. Not only is the inspection preformed, paperwork is left at the ride to confirm this. YOU are what's wrong with this country. IF you have a cousin who worked there he/she is a LIAR and you are a dipsh*t. As a sidelight, learn to spell and take a course in grammar and puctuation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kulpmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
did hershey buy knoebels amusment park? (May '09) Aug 21 Debbie 68
News Northwestern Academy marks 10th anniversary (Jan '09) Jul '15 courtneyf 225
4th street in 1910 census (Jul '14) May '15 Bigdickpookie 2
News Selinsgrove man pleads guilty to sexual assault... Mar '15 Cindy 1
News West End Fire Company not closing, officer stre... (Dec '14) Mar '15 visionsofsugarplums 2
For The Record: Feb. 8, 2015 (Feb '15) Feb '15 cjn 2
News Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg, Pennsylv... (Jul '10) Jan '15 Clarebear 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kulpmont Mortgages