did hershey buy knoebels amusment park?
Mrs santa

Allentown, PA

#41 Aug 3, 2010
I have been going to KNOEBEL'S for more than 50 years.....can't wait to have some grandchildren so I can take them there. Am I the only one (other than the Knoebel family) who can spell the name of the park?
Jewels

Newtown Square, PA

#42 Aug 7, 2010
You have got to be kidding! I finally got a chance to visit this "so called" amusement park. Needless to say, I was not impressed. It's more of a campground with rides. Not to mention, it's out in the middle of no where!
love this park

Wilkes Barre, PA

#43 Aug 10, 2010
Jewels wrote:
You have got to be kidding! I finally got a chance to visit this "so called" amusement park. Needless to say, I was not impressed. It's more of a campground with rides. Not to mention, it's out in the middle of no where!
You have got to be kidding me !!! campground with rides???

http://www.knoebels.com/
Amy in PA

Lock Haven, PA

#44 Aug 13, 2010
Jewels wrote:
No, YOU have got to be kidding. It sounds like you have some issues. You can keep your overpriced, oversized, and overcrowded thrill-ride amusement parks. My vote goes to Knoebels. I've been on several roller coasters in several different parks over the years, and the Phoenix is still my hands-down favorite. Long live Knoebels!
Spazcat

Carlisle, PA

#45 Sep 20, 2010
Well Jewels, maybe you should try camping there then too... there is no better experience. When I ask my children what they want to do over the summer, the answer is always the same: Knoebel's.
Tommy Knoebels

Springfield, PA

#46 Sep 27, 2010
Jewls .what can I say.We can win you over give us 1 more try.Susie and Ican even show you around.
TOMMY HERBERT KNOEBELS

Springfield, PA

#47 Jan 1, 2011
Well a new year and a new dilemma.I Was all set to sign the park over to William Hershey when I found out he has been courting my lovely sweetie Suzy Q.As far as I am concerned he can have her but not my park.I WILL NO SOONER CLOSE THE PLACE AND MAKE IT A GAME PRESERVE THAN LET THAT SNEAKY CHOCALATE LOVER GET HIS HANDS ON MY PLACE.i AM NOW OFF TO aUSTRALIA FOR THE OSTRICH RACES,.
Jose

Selinsgrove, PA

#48 Feb 1, 2011
I heard the Mexicans and Dot heads purchased the park.. Tax free for 7 years
Roszko

Bel Air, MD

#49 Feb 12, 2011
Wow sad sad day. I love your Hershey Park don't get me wrong, but there is something to the old Knobel feeling. I have a family of 6 and it is nice to camp and play. My heart is broke. Please keep the park the way it is. I have been going there for 36 years. Please don't take away the charm. That is the reason why Knobels is Knobels.
Harris14

Halifax, PA

#50 Jun 21, 2011
With the direction Hershey is currently headed, my opinion is, for Knoebels to go and attempt to buy out Hershey Park, and make changes thy the park needs.
Brandon

Lancaster, PA

#51 Jul 18, 2011
I HOPE! Knoebels NEEDS help, BIG TIME.
wow

Mount Carmel, PA

#52 Sep 1, 2011
ohh wow really i woud never think they stole the idea im gonna mention that to everyone
Tommy Knoebel

United States

#53 Sep 4, 2011
they are mowing it down, and building a walmart in its place.
Tommy Knoebel

United States

#54 Sep 4, 2011
just because we found a decayed body in the haunted house... we are done business.
William Hershey

Springfield, PA

#56 Sep 6, 2011
THE DEAL IS DONE!!!!!!I own the park.now its time to get on with my plans which include but not limited to a pickle museum and farm a giant laser tag wonderland and lets not forget a whole park dedicated to Wayne Newton called Newtonville USA with none other than Wayne working at the park as a greeter.Stay tuned for further details.
Little Tommy

Springfield, PA

#57 Sep 24, 2011
Daddy please dont sell the park to Mr. Hershey he will change everything great great great grandaddy built
Coaster Maniac

Pittston, PA

#58 Apr 19, 2012
No, but hershey does want first shot if knoebels ever is for sale
myob

Chambersburg, PA

#59 May 5, 2012
If kneobles wanted to sell hershey they would have done it no later then 2010 and last time I checked its 2012.
Joey Downs

Williamsport, PA

#60 May 10, 2012
Knoebels is the best thing that ever happened to central PA because it is cheaper and alot more pretty then hershey,knoebels still has a good amount of trees compared to hershey.If they ever sold knoebels there would be alot of pissed off people,which i would be one of them!!!
chris w

Hershey, PA

#61 Jul 11, 2013
ive been going to Knoebels for 30 years now, and for the last 8 years all i've heard are rumors that hershey has purchased knoebels. It is NOT true. Hershey wants to get their grubby little paws on it and ruin it like they did dutch wonderland, it will never happen. It is a family owned park and will remain to be until the end of the world hits. As long as im not alive if and when they do sell it, im happy. 30 years and counting. I LOVE it there!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kulpmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Northwestern Academy marks 10th anniversary (Jan '09) Nov 19 Past resident 236
thinking of moving to Mount Carmel Nov 8 On The Move 1
Donations (Feb '17) Oct '17 Anonymous 3
News Coroner: Woman dies after getting stuck in clot... (Feb '17) Oct '17 Anonymous 2
News Northwestern Academy: boy escapes from Northwes... (May '09) Sep '17 weapon X 56
Girl Dies at amusment park (Jul '07) May '17 Brosqad 174
News Selinsgrove man pleads guilty to sexual assault... (Mar '15) Mar '17 Natasha 3

Kulpmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kulpmont Mortgages