Heavenly honor bestowed on Nawahi - News

Heavenly honor bestowed on Nawahi - News

There are 6 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 23, 2008, titled Heavenly honor bestowed on Nawahi - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

When the Messenger spacecraft begins orbiting Mercury in March 2011, it will look down on "Nawahi Crater." A little smaller than Kauai, the crater is named for Kaho'oluhi Nawahi, also known as Joseph Kaho'oluhi ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Honolulu, HI

#1 Nov 23, 2008
"The legacy of Joseph Kaho'oluhi Nawahiokalaniopuu, native Hawaiian painter, teacher, legislator, lawyer, journalist and cabinet member to Queen Liliuokalani, continues to grow 112 years after his death."

FAMOUS QUOTE of NAWAHI, a staunch activist known for his resistance against the Annexation of Hawai'i, and the author of the Ku'e Petitions, Monster Petitions signed by over 40, 000 'citizens' of the Nation of Hawai'i said:

"The cause of Hawai'i and Independence is larger and dearer that the life of any man connected with it. Love of country is deeper seated in the breast of every Hawaiian, whatever his station."

KU'E, KU'E, KU'E!!

Caruthers, CA

#2 Nov 23, 2008
Aloha mai kakou,
Maika'i loa keia nuhou. This is a wonderful honor and tribute to this very important Kanaka Maoli who shaped history. Please access the URL below to learn more about the Ku'e Petitions and to link to the actual documents. /annexation/pet-intro.html

Mahalo to the crew of the Messenger Spacecraft for acknowledging this very important person.

E malama pono

Keauhou, HI

#3 Nov 23, 2008
Awesome. Just the coolest.
Haupia Girl

#4 Nov 23, 2008
Right on!!!!!!!!

San Francisco, CA

#5 Nov 23, 2008
Aloha hou,
E kala mai ia'u, but for some reason cutting and pasting the URL above doesn't seem to be working, so try to cut/paste this one: http://libweb.hawaii.edu/digicoll/annexation/...

p.s. If all else fails, please google "Nawahi" and "Petitions" (no need to include quotes when actually typing in to google), and it should bring up the link to the University of Hawai'i at Manoa Hamilton Library Special Collections website with the digitized Ku'e Petitions.

A hui hou....
kaipo mai aotearoa

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#6 Nov 24, 2008
Awesome article... Does anyone know how to access views of the five paintings of Nawahi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Jul '16 Musikologist 5
News Hula competitors avoid iconic flower because of... (Mar '16) Mar '16 DILF 10
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 12
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1
News Police and Fire - Hawaii News (Nov '09) Jan '16 Joe Balls 4
News Maui Residents Brace For Tsunami (Feb '10) Jun '15 u never know where 3
News Maui Superferry Ruling a Blow to Company, a Vic... (Oct '07) Jun '15 Treetop rider 3

Kula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kula Mortgages