Editorial | /2008/05/19/

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Best ag land is for farmers Recent media statements have maligned the Important Agricultural Land bill as being a pro-development measure rather than an agricultural measure.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Alan

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

I may be bias but i knew karen Ertell
and she was a nice generous wonderful person. This guy who did this if I have my facts straight did it in retaliation of her being a witness in her car being stolen by this guy. So not only did he kill and rape her he also was trying to get out of some other thing. We put people in jail with out parole if they have proven to be a clear danger to society. This guy at a young has a extensive record already and seems to know how to play the system if this is not proof he should be tried as an adult I dont know what is. Some people are just plain bad no matter what and this guy surely fits the mold I say lock him up and throw away the key
Dont mind me

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Corrected Statement wrote:
<quoted text>HEY
"SLUGGO" have you been hit in the head too many times or are you just naturally that arrogant and prejudiced ?
1) if you see the time stamp on the message, GENIUS, you will see that it was done at almost 3 am. the least of my concern is getting my spelling correct for the cyber nazi's like you.
2) if you had any level of intelligence, GENIUS, and were to BOTHER to drop your prejudice to learn anything... you would quickly find out that the "location" is based on the computers IP address. That is a relative thing as I was sitting in Waikiki on my laptop computer hooked to verizons wireless "broadband" internet connection. It gives me an IP address of the RANDOM LAND LINE that it connects to after it bounces off of a few satellites. I have lived in Waikiki for 3 years. Hence that is why I used the word "HERE" as the last word in my very first sentence. But you are too blind or dumb, or ignorant, or prejudice to even read and comprehend what is clearly sitting directly in front of you.
Your so prejudice and lack such a FUNDAMENTAL understanding of technology. You don't know what you don't know but yet are confident to announce to the world your opinion of ignorance. Since you just demonstrated your ignorance obviously you must be even more ignorant and prejudice about other things in life. Attitude such as yours is typically not isolated to a single incident or confined to a single fragment of your personality.
Too bad it doesn't show what YOUR IP address is then I can see if you were logged on from one of the city county buildings wasting my tax dollars while you play play on the internet while at work. It would be nice to call up the city and get some waste of tax dollars off the payroll.
Now at 10 AM... where does it say I am "located" ?
DUH !
Ummm, I'm just a bystander, but it's "Nazies," "computer's," Verizon's," and "prejudiced."
GENIUS.

Since: Mar 08

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

<quoted text>HEY
"SLUGGO" have you been hit in the head too many times or are you just naturally that arrogant and prejudiced ?
1) if you see the time stamp on the message, GENIUS, you will see that it was done at almost 3 am. the least of my concern is getting my spelling correct for the cyber nazi's like you.
2) if you had any level of intelligence, GENIUS, and were to BOTHER to drop your prejudice to learn anything... you would quickly find out that the "location" is based on the computers IP address. That is a relative thing as I was sitting in Waikiki on my laptop computer hooked to verizons wireless "broadband" internet connection. It gives me an IP address of the RANDOM LAND LINE that it connects to after it bounces off of a few satellites. I have lived in Waikiki for 3 years. Hence that is why I used the word "HERE" as the last word in my very first sentence. But you are too blind or dumb, or ignorant, or prejudice to even read and comprehend what is clearly sitting directly in front of you.
Your so prejudice and lack such a FUNDAMENTAL understanding of technology. You don't know what you don't know but yet are confident to announce to the world your opinion of ignorance. Since you just demonstrated your ignorance obviously you must be even more ignorant and prejudice about other things in life. Attitude such as yours is typically not isolated to a single incident or confined to a single fragment of your personality.
Too bad it doesn't show what YOUR IP address is then I can see if you were logged on from one of the city county buildings wasting my tax dollars while you play play on the internet while at work. It would be nice to call up the city and get some waste of tax dollars off the payroll.
DUH !
Copy:
Our system automatically displays the location of your Internet Service Provider. This is determined by your computer's IP address, and may or may not match up exactly with your physical location. This cannot be changed, but if you register for a free user profile, you can customize the Hometown field to whatever you would like.

Hope that helps!

Admin @ Topix
dargent7

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

The previous statement is right on.
I,too, have been corrected by this numbskull on Big island who has nothing better to do than spell check my stuff I write in 2 min.
Also, I write from TN, FL, MI, some times and this idiot cannot figure out I'm in a different time zone when he reads it in Hawaii.
And people wonder how GW Bush screwed up this entire country?
just an opinion

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

some of you who seem to think it's okay to tease and trash talk opponents (like st.louis did) because other teams do it too, are wrong. wrong is wrong. unsportsmanship is unsportsmanship. just because one team does it, then others start doing only promotes and expands the problem. if a coach or school administrator stepped in and stopped it right away, the problem will be curtailed. what adults do in major leagues or we see on sportscenter may not be what's right for a high schooler. sportsmanship goes a long way in building character and respect. it starts at the top and trickles down.
Incogburrito

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Incognito, next time you call Vegas, you may want to go all the way and just pack up and move there.

Plan to stay there---forever.

That way you can bet, eat, sleep and, err, "catch mufi's train."
Sorry

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Please forgive me but I could not find a post for the 58 year old that was killed for helping the purse and assault people. We all know that club areas in Waikiki is where everything happens so please everyone be cell phone ready to call 911 to call in suspicious or criminal problems in or around club areas this assault happened a block away from Lulus on the corner of Kalakaua and Kapahulu...Let it be a given for people around these club areas to always be especially ready to call for help. Do not leave it up to someone else..You maybe the difference if someone make it home or not...To Waikiki and vice officers please start speaking to groups of people and getting out of your vehicles during the great job that you are doing to I.D. people to see who they are this type of proactivity will make people think twice about doing something that is wrong because Hpd undercover,vice, and foot patrols pretty much know who was in a area when something occurred. Also let's start using video cameras in the street for faster reaction time and for directiion and identifying of people as well. We must deter what happens to people at all levels....
sluggo

Kamuela, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

<quoted text>HEY
DUH !
Hey Angry Loser,
If you checked my post time, you would see it was at 6:30 a.m.
Kind of hard to be at work already, GENIUS.
No more angry, illiterate posts at 3 a.m.
Go jump in the canal!

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Sorry wrote:
Please forgive me but I could not find a post for the 58 year old that was killed for helping the purse and assault people. We all know that club areas in Waikiki is where everything happens so please everyone be cell phone ready to call 911 to call in suspicious or criminal problems in or around club areas this assault happened a block away from Lulus on the corner of Kalakaua and Kapahulu...Let it be a given for people around these club areas to always be especially ready to call for help. Do not leave it up to someone else..You maybe the difference if someone make it home or not...To Waikiki and vice officers please start speaking to groups of people and getting out of your vehicles during the great job that you are doing to I.D. people to see who they are this type of proactivity will make people think twice about doing something that is wrong because Hpd undercover,vice, and foot patrols pretty much know who was in a area when something occurred. Also let's start using video cameras in the street for faster reaction time and for directiion and identifying of people as well. We must deter what happens to people at all levels....
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.d...

Honolulu man, 58, dies after Waikiki assault incident

A 58-year-old Honolulu man died this morning at The Queen's Medical Center following a reported assault in the Waikiki area, the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office said. An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.

Two teenagers were arrested today in connection with the incident, which police said occurred shortly after midnight near the intersection of Kalakaua and Paoakalani avenues. The reported assault victim died at about 10:25 a.m., officials said.

Benjamin Pada, 18, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault, second-degree robbery and third-degree theft. Keahi Donovan Acasia, 19, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree assault and second-degree robbery. Both teens live in the Wai'anae area, according to police reports.
Corrected Statement

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Dont mind me wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, I'm just a bystander, but it's "Nazies," "computer's," Verizon's," and "prejudiced."
GENIUS.
hahahahaha

yea thanks !
i ran it through spell check. not graaaamerrr check.
Corrected Statement

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Get some sleep wrote:
<quoted text>
No more coffee for you!
UUmmmmmm.. that was without coffee. you should see what happens when i go to startbucks !
Corrected Statement

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

sluggo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Angry Loser,
If you checked my post time, you would see it was at 6:30 a.m.
Kind of hard to be at work already, GENIUS.
No more angry, illiterate posts at 3 a.m.
so..... your wrong...... but I am the looser ? hahahaha !!! sound like the logic of a teenager. I had a 12 year old recently try to pull that one on me. Yes, I saw it was 6:30. I did check. I know people that start work at 5 AM. I know people that start at 3 AM. I know people that start at 1 AM. I know people that work 24 hour shifts. IF you think all the world has a 9 - 5 job... then you again display your prejudice and ignorance of something.

http://dictionary.die.net/illiterate
http://www.google.com/search...

"illiterate" : ignorant of the fundamentals of a given art or branch of knowledge

be careful of what you call someone as you just again demonstrated how it applies to yourself in multiple ways. Btw.. I can read 3 (almost 5) languages without a translator. How about you ?
Corrected Statement

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2008

Von in Aiea wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy:
Our system automatically displays the location of your Internet Service Provider. This is determined by your computer's IP address, and may or may not match up exactly with your physical location. This cannot be changed.........
Thanks for the confirmation. Just as I thought.

Question. is it possible that you guys can add the IP address to be displayed ? I have read several posts of various topics.. and I can say with really high certainty that I know who posted some of the messages. These people or agencies are restricted from talking about certain things online. Or I know it violates acceptable use policies of their organization to be using the net for private or unofficial matters.

Likewise I have read several posts and seriously think that some of them are coming from city/county employees and all they are doing is spinning and confusing the public on certain topics. its frustrating to read something online that is blatantly wrong, especially when I heard the exact same junk touted in meetings earlier in the day when I know the original source was a government employee or their contractors.
Anything we can do about getting the IP address displayed ?

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

<quoted text>
Thanks for the confirmation. Just as I thought.
Question. is it possible that you guys can add the IP address to be displayed ? I have read several posts of various topics.. and I can say with really high certainty that I know who posted some of the messages. These people or agencies are restricted from talking about certain things online. Or I know it violates acceptable use policies of their organization to be using the net for private or unofficial matters.
Likewise I have read several posts and seriously think that some of them are coming from city/county employees and all they are doing is spinning and confusing the public on certain topics. its frustrating to read something online that is blatantly wrong, especially when I heard the exact same junk touted in meetings earlier in the day when I know the original source was a government employee or their contractors.
Anything we can do about getting the IP address displayed ?
Hi

This is my opinion only, but people post almost anything on these forums.
Many forums use very bad language and personally attack other people and so on.

Check forums under Sri Lanka or under immigration for example if you want to see humans at their worst.

You should have an open mind or you cannot exist in this life any longer. I sure donít condone it, but life goes on just the same. Anything is possible over the internet. There are always ways to get around anything under the sun. So if you have a feeling that something is not the way it should be then maybe you are right. I just read it and go on. My opinion of course.

They say you cannot change the IP address, but common sense will tell you if you forward the internet post to anther phone number any were in the world then that IP will show up.

What about using a cell phone hooked up to a laptop computer? Just make a dream. Nothing is carved in stone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kula Discussions

Search the Kula Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun 30 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun 18 cat 5
Rudeness May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Power outage in the Pukalani area May '14 Shannon Ward 1
Teen flies to Hawaii hidden in landing gear Apr '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 8
Review: All Stars Garage Mar '14 Roger 1
•••
•••